Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Wolfram|Alpha launched.
Posted 2009-05-18, 08:44 PM
Sorry I am a little late on this news, but I was in transit.

Wolfram|Alpha is not a search engine. It actually computes knowledge from its database and or the internet. So if you ask it a natural language question rooted in academics it will return answers in various forms (graphs, maps, pictures, etc)

So go out and test the limits of it. www.wolframalpha.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-18, 08:48 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Wolfram|Alpha launched."
It seems like an intelligent and unbiased Wikipedia.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-19, 02:51 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It seems like an intelligent and..."
I wasn't too impressed with it yesterday, but I didn't realize it could do multivariate plots. I guess it's not surprising since they also made Mathematica.

It also does calc for you, and shows you a handy graph.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2009-05-26, 12:53 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "I wasn't too impressed with it..."
I think I may have found the coolest feature... Satellite maps that zoom into street level detail... I can see the front door of my old house!

EDIT: Nevermind... just found out it sent me to google for those... I didn't know Google had the power to look into my windows at night...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...

Last edited by Draco2003; 2009-05-26 at 12:55 PM. Reason: :( nevermind
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003