Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Post Homosexuality in media and real life.
Posted 2003-09-02, 11:33 PM
It is kind of funny when the media portrays homosexuality as something to love. People will talk about shows like Darma and Greg or Queer Eye for a Straight Guy or Queer as Folk or Ellen or The Real World with gay and lesbian casting and it goes on and on. It is amazing how toloriant many people our to media portrayed gays wether they are really gay or not. But when it comes to real life it seems more people laugh and harm those that are gay. They can respect a show but not the true individual who is homosexual. It is kind of interesting to see this in our society. I wonder how you feel about this... What is your thoughts on homosexuality in a religius and social view? Do you feel it is wrong? And how do you feel that homosexuality been around for centuries and yet in modern times we seem to think of it as morally wrong? How do you feel about that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
VampyreHell is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenVampyreHell is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

VampyreHell

Posted 2003-09-03, 12:28 AM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
I consider myself to be a fairly religious person, but I don't really have a problem with homosexuality. The only part that really bothers me is the sexual aspect, and that's just because I find anal sex between any two individuals to be downright vile. I know plenty of gay people, one of which is actually one of the closest friends I have. I say, if you can find love with anyone but a relative, a child or an animal, then go for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-09-03, 11:20 AM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
Razeil, I don't think you watch Jerry Spring before. There are people in love with food... I mean have sex with them, etc. Anway go on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-09-03, 11:40 AM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
People aren't tolerant of media homosexuals get a clue they're making fun of them using every stereotype imaginable like fucking circus freaks. Please take will and grace for example the whole show revovles around making fun of homosexuals not all good fun no truly insenstive stereotypical fun. the kind bigots mention in their gay jokes
don't stop war otherwise the end will never come
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"angel" of war is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"angel" of war is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"angel" of war

Posted 2003-09-03, 12:24 PM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
Actually I know gay guys and they say it doesn't make fun of gays or homosexuals. Like anything else they don't mind it. A lot of times those steriotypes tend to be true in certian situations but not all the time. I go to gay clubs and I go to Pride parades and so on... So I know a lot of homosexuals and I know what they think and feel. Yes some do feel affended but others think it is good to see homosexuality on tv even if sometimes it is funny.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
VampyreHell is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenVampyreHell is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

VampyreHell

Posted 2003-09-03, 01:35 PM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
tell me this (guys included) if a gay guy comes up to you and yes you two have a conversation, and for some reason you 2 are laughing and the fag puts his arm around you as to give you thanks for a wonderful laugh......would you allow that person do do that?? for me i wouldnt want that, having a conversation is one thing but touching......i dont think so!!!
i mean if they want to be gay, all we say is "its not my problem or concern, let them do what ever they want" but then when they (a guy) start imagining you (a guy) to have relations with, there will be problems. so what do you do to keep that from happening??? To go to the beginning and NOT associate yourself with fags!! its just a thought, does anyone here agree with me??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-09-03, 01:56 PM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
Ah yes, the progress toward liberation hindered by prejudice. A long, long time ago, non-Christians in large parts of the world were punished or burnt at stake for their own beliefs. Rulers using despotism to control their people and prevent them from knowing about science has also been a common event. Then we have the old times with slaves from Africa and lots of racism in general. Almost all of these elements are gone now to a considerably large rate. The things I mentioned have all been considered very immoral and bad. Today, a lot of people oppose homosexuals in one way or another because it simply does not lead to reproduction. But why do people have sex these days; does everyone want to end up with a kid each and every time the act is commited?

In a way, I'm pretty confident the prejudice against homosexuals will diminish slowly until this very kind of sexuality is accepted among (most) of everyone, with the exception of some extreme religious groups (which are, in a way, comparable to large groups/gangs of people that are against the mixing of different races).

Of course, the fact that homosexuals WILL be 100% accepted in society is not an evident outcome, but some of the similar things in our past history show a clear pattern that this is just very likely to happen as well.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-09-03, 01:59 PM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
Well it is like if a guy did that to me and I do not want relations I will have the same effect for a girl acted like that and so on. People forget it works both ways. Wether it is with another guy or girl. If you get creeped out by homosexuals do not interact with them. You know that if they have a crush on you but will not act it out and you get creeped out by it then there is no point in being friends. People just have to learn the only way to solve crimes being commited against homosexuals is just don't interact with them and they will not interact with you. That is the only way to solve this undying problem of hate crimes.

Anyway but if you don't get creeped by homosexuals but you just don't want them to touch you. Just say don't touch me. It is like anyone touching you and you feel uncomfortable then say no don't touch me. It is no big deal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

VampyreHell

Posted 2003-09-03, 02:49 PM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
Well, TV does make fun of gays sometimes...I'm gay, but I dont really mind it. In real life, the amount of people that are homophobic isnt very big, actually. I'm safe as long as I dont tell people that I dont trust that I'm gay...I only tell that to good friends.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-09-03, 06:12 PM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
what do you mean its not a big deal?? put it this way....
you know that women are more sensitive/feminine and likes to hug and such when thay are down and whatnot. well when a GUY is in that stage well, its like putting both together and making a monster!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-09-03, 06:54 PM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
Being gay is nothing new an old saying from Roman times I believe is ....

"Women are for breeding, Boys are for pleasure"

Yes I find it quite disturbing.

Making comedy out of life situatons is not new, we all laugh at people for being stupid or acting in a stereotypical manner we just call them by a characteristic ie:
You Fag, You Ginger, You paki, You woman, You black, You fatty, You old git, ect ect.

If the person is respected people usually don't look for the flaws so much and see past what ever makes them indevidual.

Gay humour is nothing differnt to any comedy it's just a genre.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

0nyx

Posted 2003-09-03, 08:18 PM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
Well any type of humor isn't diffrent. Gay humor on tv isn't as bad as one may think. Many homosexuals don't mind it as long as they are respected in the end. Ussually it is not in a hatefull way but it can be. It depends on how things are used. However most groupings of people are made fun of to be funny not always hatefull.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

VampyreHell

Posted 2003-09-04, 02:47 AM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
True onyx homosexuality isn't a new "trend" as some idiots think, its been around for millenias(maybe even before the dawn of civilization but we have no record of that) in fact in ancient greece it wasn't even taboo and the spartans actually encorauged their soldiers to do it
don't stop war otherwise the end will never come
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"angel" of war is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"angel" of war is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"angel" of war

Posted 2003-09-04, 11:28 AM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
all i know is that if you dont put your foot down, the "gay" party will put it down your ass. meaning you have to show them who's boss and tell them that you dont want any part of there sexual fantasy or you might find yourself bitch slaped and or "used" (sick bastard)

there is this co-worker who said that all her friends are all gay (she lives near hollywood making about 32 bucks an hour here at my work!!). that's probably why she is not as feminine as a usual women (which i think is cool because she is more open i.e I don’t know if she was messing with me but she told be she has a very big bed; queen size because she has a lot of sex….wooooow) anyways she said if I wanted to be friends, that I have to be friends with her friends. So I said ok. So one day one of her friends came over and that guy was like looking at me as if he wanted to do me. He was all asking, what school do I go to , or what I like ….dude I had to leave, you just don’t know how many questions he asked me, if I didn’t leave he probably ask me to marry him. I didn’t talk to her about it yet because I might offend her because of her friend. I am just not going to be there if her friends show up again

you might ask, “why not tell him to back off or ask him not to ask any of those questions” ask yourself this….what other things would you know that gay people would talk about?? Sports?? Girls?? I think not , probably shopping!
I have to say, though they are gay but they are good in listening. I consider gay or straight to be my friends if they listen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_iceman

Posted 2003-09-04, 12:45 PM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
People should have "Gay-o-meters" attached to them so gay guys dont hit on straight guys.

I dont care if a guy is gay, but if he gets close I'll just have to tell him to back off. That seems like the easiest way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DrowningOnAir is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDrowningOnAir is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DrowningOnAir

Posted 2003-09-04, 03:14 PM in reply to VampyreHell's post "Homosexuality in media and real life."
yes but when doing so, you hurt there feelings as if they have aids or something....remember they are more emotional and/or sensitive!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_iceman