Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2004-03-13, 03:12 PM
Skype.com said:
Skype is free and simple software that will enable you to make free calls anywhere in the world in minutes. Skype, created by the people who brought you KaZaA uses innovative P2P (peer-to-peer) technology to connect you with other Skype users. If you are tired of paying outrageous fees for telephony, Skype is for you!
It's a kickass P2P program, AND it allows group conversations. If you have a microphone, you should definitely download this program. I had a conversation with a 56k user overseas, and the quality beat ordinary telephones by far. And no, it doesn't contain spyware.

Go download it already and try it out. My user name on there is Zelaron if you need anyone to try it out with.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Jamesadin; 2004-03-13 at 09:38 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2004-03-13, 03:26 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Skype"
Is this program illegal? If not, i shall try it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-03-13, 03:27 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "Is this program illegal? If not, i..."
I dont beleive it is illegal. No copyrighted matierals are being distributed without compensation, ive been using it for quite a while and nothing has happened to me. The updated version allows conferance calls as well!!! Much better then teamspeak, on the fact that its crystal clear, almost exactly like a phone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-03-13, 03:30 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I dont beleive it is illegal. No..."
Telephoning over the interent is not illegal. it's been around for quite awhile but it seems it's getting more stable lately according to Chrusers description. Now all I need is a microphone heh.
sig coming soon click for sig page!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2004-03-13, 04:27 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Skype"
Interesting.. signed up as blue_cube. Going to have to convince other people to get this thing..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-03-13, 04:37 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Interesting.. signed up as blue_cube. ..."
I just tried calling you...did you hear me.?

EDIT: nvm its hisd 56k of doom and my shitty mic that was wreaking havoc on our convo.

Last edited by Sovereign; 2004-03-13 at 04:46 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-03-13, 04:47 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Skype"
Are you going to make a new thread about this monthly or bi-monthly?

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah