Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Warrior/Monk
Posted 2005-05-12, 11:57 AM
A guide on the "cookie-cutter" W/Mo build. Well, even though it is still a W/Mo, there is actually more than just one build for this profession combination. (I will be double and triple posting since to avoid a long long post... easier to scroll that way?)

Since you're a Warrior, the first thing to decide is weapon. Sword, Axe, or Hammer?

Sword: Max damage is 15-22. You can hold a shield or offhand, and you have access to useful skills such as Sever/Gash/Final Thrust. Great damage over time with bleeding* and deepwound*, and there's also crippling* skill such as Hamstring.

Axe: Max damage is 6-28. Much higher max than a sword, but you might constantly hit at the lower end. You can also use a shield or offhand, and the primary axe skills are Cyclone Axe, Eviscerate, Axe Rake, and Executioners Strike. Many status as well, Cripple, deepwound, and etc.

Hammer: Max damage is 18-35 IIRC. Two handed only, no offhand, no shield. Another drawback is the slow attack speed. Hammer skills focuses on knockdown. It can also blind* (Belly Smash on knock down target) which causes surrounding foes a 90% chance to miss, and there is also deep wound skills.

They all have their pros and cons... so it will be up to the individual to choose.

For the abilities, at level 20, I would advise putting at least 10 on the weapon mastery of choice, 8 on healing prayer, and distribute the rest between strength and tactics (If you are going with tactic skills, that is)

The choice between shield an no shield is simple: Do you need the extra defense? The max def on a shield is 16, and some might say it is not worth it seeing that each armor piece give around 60-80 in the later area. The armor system works quite differently in the game, actually.

You get hits in different body parts, sometimes you can hit in the chest, sometimes the arms, sometimes your head... and only the armor on that specific part counts. With a shield, you will get that extra defense from the shield regardless on where you're being hit. Except of course... when you get hit from the rear. This should help you decide whether you want a shield or not.

*Bleeding causes health degeneration over time.
*Deepwound reduces the max health by 20% over a period of time.
*Crippling greatly reduces the moving speed of the target.
*Blindness causes the foe to miss 90% of the time (melee and arrow).

Last edited by Senesia; 2005-05-12 at 12:02 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Sword/Shield
Posted 2005-05-12, 12:42 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Warrior/Monk"
Since you can only equip 8 skills at any given time, it is important to know which skills to bring with you.

My choice:
Sword
Sever Artery
Gash
Final Thrust

Tactic
Bonetti's Defense
Deadly Riposte
Shield Bash

Healing Prayer
Healing Breeze
Mending

That is for most area where the foes are vulnerable to bleeding. At 8 healing prayer, Mending will give +3 health regeneration. For most of the enemies, SeverArtery/Gash/Final Thrust will do very nicely. Shield Bash if a melee foe is doing a high damage melee skill, and Deadly Riposte as you see fit.

When fighting large melee mob (5-6), try Shield Bash + Deadly Riposte + Healing Breeze and immediately use Bonetti's Defense for the blocking. This should give back all the energy you've used, and you will be still using normal attack for those 9 seconds. With Healing Breeze and Mending, you should be healing up fairly quickly.

Ditch Deadly Riposte and Shield Bash if the enemies are mainly ranged/caster. Those skills are worthless against range.

In other situation, consider the following skills:
Savage Slash - Anti-Caster
Galrash Slash - for foes with no flesh (no bleeding)
Balthazar's Spirit - +Adrenaline and Energy if hit, could substitute Bonetti's defense/Deadly Riposte/Shield Bash.
Pure Strike - Could substitute Shield Bash or Deadly Riposte. It uses energy instead of adrenaline.
Sprint - If you are just making a run to a new town.
Rebirth - If playing in party.
Endure Pain - Extra Health for a period of time. Go up to 200+ health depending on your strength.
Healing Signet - Heal for around 100 Health at high tactic. Takes double damage while casting. Could sub for Healing Breeze.

As for weapon, 15-22 is max. I personally like Wingblade (Looks the same as a Butterfly Sword), but most prefer Fiery Dragon Sword (Prince Rurik's sword). Fiery Dragon Sword naturally deals Fire instead of Physical Damage. Brute Sword doesn't look half bad if you're into those giant cutter swords. For shield, look for +health or Reduce damage while attacking or (anything) while enchanted, since you will be enchanted for the most parts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Hammer
Posted 2005-05-12, 01:04 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Sword/Shield"
Hammer is all about damage... and knockdown. Seeing that you will probably use less tactics skill in this build, you might want more points in Strength for the Armor Penetration instead. Hammer uses quite a lot of adrenaline... so I tend to stay away from "Lose all Adrenaline" skills.

Skills:
Hammer
Crushing Blow
Might Blow
(Irresistable Blow)
Staggering Blow
Counter Blow

Strength
Endure Pain

Healing Prayer
Healing prayer/Healing Signet (tactic)
Mending
(Balthazar's Spirit)

Basically, chain up the different blows once you have the adrenaline. When you chain things up, you will basically knockdown, apply deep wound, weakness, huge damage, and kill. You might want Balthazar's Spirit for the adrenaline and energy, or you might want Irresistable Blow for the unblockable factor.

When you go with a party, ditch Healing Prayer and take a Resurrect skill instead, and because of that, ditch Balthazar's Spirit since you won't need Energy anymore. Take Sprint to chase down caster/ranged foes instead.

Hammer's max is at 18-35 IIRC... not sure about the 18. With a high strength, you should be able to do good damage to any type of enemy. You will want to go for the highest defense for armor + reduced damage (Ascalon/Knight amor) because you don't have the extra defense from shield.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2005-05-12, 11:56 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Hammer"
I'm going Elementalist/Ranger. Working good for me so far. I'm a glass cannon to say the least. I can deal out an incredible amount of AoE in a few seconds but i am usualy the first one to die in parties. Holding up good in PvP though. Ranger pets are fun as well. What's your name ingame?
Mine:
Octavius Blade

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2005-05-12, 11:57 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Warrior/Monk"
Thanks for the share, Senesia.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2005-05-13, 01:27 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "Thanks for the share, Senesia."
Im a W/Mo......

I got teh 6-28 dmg axe , It is a fun class to play........love the skill "dismember"......
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2005-05-21, 10:41 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "Im a W/Mo...... I got teh 6-28 dmg..."
i like the War/Ele build, very useful, i generally like shields, they make my warrior look more built up and filled, but im only at Piken Square at lvl 5 lol, so i got a short sword 6-8 dmg, but he kills very fast, but at lvl 5, i got some heavy duty armor, its the Ascalon Armors and stuff with +35 armor, and reduces dmg and stuff, but im lookin at the lvl 11 warriors at the same time with only the armor that the collectors in Pre-searing give you

lifes a bitch and then we die, so i say lets all get high

Last edited by thadeous-time; 2005-05-21 at 10:43 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
thadeous-time is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenthadeous-time is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

thadeous-time