Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2008-09-03, 10:01 AM in reply to Tuttifrutti's post starting "thats true, if they did, those movies..."
It's not a bad movie. Seeker is based off of the first book in The Dark is Rising series.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-09-04, 03:34 PM in reply to Tuttifrutti's post ""Yay fer books!" - What We're..."
As I said in my first post, I'll keep this one open - think of it like a "What Song are you Listening To?" but for books. if someone started a "Music Suggestions 2008" thread, we wouldn't even consider closing the other thread.

This thread is a basic list of what you're reading, nothing special. T'other goes into more depth about books that people reckon others should read - not necessarily what they themselves are reading at the moment.

---

Anyway, I've just started Inception, the first book in the Projekt Saucer series by W. A. Harbinson. It's Sci-Fi, and based on facts about flying saucers and rockets and... yeah... not my usual reading material, and if I saw it in a Library I wouldn't borrow it, but my neighbour has lent it to me, and I don't really want to give it back without reading it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-09-05, 02:37 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "As I said in my first post, I'll keep..."
A chapter in, and I'm stopping - Return of the Crimson Guard came in the post today! Ian C. Esslemont and Steven Erikson come above anything else on my reading list at the moment. I'm going to start RotCG later tonight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-09-05, 04:42 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "A chapter in, and I'm stopping - Return..."
I said:
My favorite of the series so far is First Strike.
Actually I got it mixed up with the 4th in the series that I forgot I had... Ghosts of Onyx.
Ghosts of Onyx starts off with the Spartans on a mission, in space. One of the Spartans' harness fails and he is jetisoned through space on an unknown trajectory at an unknown speed...

Later in the book, you find that the incident was staged, and the UNSC hijacked that spartan to train a new series of Spartans, the Spartan IIIs. The original Spartans were never meant to go public. Their revealing to the public was a critical move to raise the moral of the UNSC forces, to show that the human race isn't giving up without a fight. As such, they are restricted from certain missions, missions that guarantee no survivors. The Spartan IIIs on the other hand, do not technically exist, so they are allowed to go on these high risk missions. In fact, that is the whole reason for their creation. And to keep their existance a secret, they are trained on a planet on the outskirts of the colonies, a planet named for its rich deposits of the magnificent mineral. Onyx. I am not going to ruin the main part of the book, but near the end, for me at least, gets the best response of mixed emotions, from sadness to joy to excitement.

Ghosts of Onyx. The fourth book in the series, and it has no direct ties to any of the games. Actually, Master Chief is hardly mentioned in the book.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-09-13, 04:50 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Actually I got it mixed up with the 4th..."
Nearly finished Return of the Crimson Guard ().

I bought some new books today. Well, I say bought, I mean I exchanged money on a gift card for them (3 for 2 on kiddies books, too, so I only exchanged money for two of them! ): the new pTerry, Nation, the new Artemis Fowl, and the new Garth Nix book. I'll force my way through Inception as quickly as possible, so that i can start on these.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny