Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Question Computer-Moniter Problems
Posted 2006-01-14, 07:44 PM
Whenever I connect my moniter to my computer it powers down like its going into powersaving mode. I'm pretty sure the moniter itself is ok because when its on and not connected to the tower it says "Moniter Self Test..." and then "Your moniter is working correctly check cable and connection".
So, I really don't even know if my computer is even loading correctly. I checked all of the inside components, and completely air dusted everything. That didn't help.
Maybe the female connection on the tower is fried?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2006-01-14, 11:25 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Computer-Moniter Problems"
try it on a different machine
?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2006-01-15, 07:08 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Computer-Moniter Problems"
I don't suppose you've recently (very recently) installed a new graphics card?

When we installed our graphics card the monitor wouldn't work. It got through the start-up stages before powering down when it came to the XP loading screen.

If the same's happening to yours you need to do something or other in Safe Mode. Can't remember what though. A quick Google seacrh should help.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-16, 09:01 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I don't suppose you've recently (very..."
Thats why this is so strange. I haven't done anything. It just randomly stopped.
I've been meaning to put the moniter and tower both on different systems I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2006-01-16, 09:07 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Computer-Moniter Problems"
Does your computer POST? You should hear a beep or series of beeps when the computer starts up. Is the beeping different than usual? Is there any beeping at all?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-01-16, 09:12 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Does your computer POST? You should..."
There is no sounds, other than the drives and fans spinning. I was thinking that maybe I could have been hit by one of this .jpg virus'. You see my computer isn't hooked to the internet so it's pretty much safe, but I did put a floppy in once with a picture I got from this computer I use to post. That seems a little far fetched though?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2006-01-16, 09:23 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "There is no sounds, other than the..."
You don't get a virus from the picture itself.

Anyway, did the computer ever beep on startup? Or is it just suddenly not beeping?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-01-27, 03:12 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "You don't get a virus from the picture..."
Actually grav the newest security flaw that was discovered in all known verisons of windows was one that if you viewed a picture that was designed to it could infect your computer with a virus. you should check it out it fairly new like only a few weeks publicly known.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2006-01-27, 08:18 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "Actually grav the newest security flaw..."
Plug your monitor into another computer. Work then? Plug another monitor into your computer. That's the first step.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-02-03, 04:53 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Plug your monitor into another..."
The computer doesn't beep. Doesn't load anything. I think the hard drive is fried.
I've hooked the moniter and computer both up to different sources and the moniter is fine. Basically its just an oversized Ipod Shuffle charger. :/
Guess I'll have to pay someone to take a gander at it... ugh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2006-02-04, 12:04 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "The computer doesn't beep. Doesn't load..."
I highly doubt it's your hard drive. If it were, you'd still go through post. It would just say no OS detected. I'll bet it's your mobo or power supply.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob