Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2007-10-20, 10:21 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "It would be awesome if marshy wasn't..."
But Marshy is the shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-20, 10:40 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "But Marshy is the shit."
!King_Amazon! said:
But Marshy is the shit.
Yea, but he makes it nearly impossible to read the actual content of the thread on those pages if your speakers are on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-10-20, 12:25 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Yea, but he makes it nearly impossible..."
I fixed it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-20, 01:07 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I fixed it."
Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-06, 08:58 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Thanks."
This is my favorite thread ever. So I'm bumping it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-06, 11:38 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "This is my favorite thread ever. So I'm..."
Nothing is impossible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-07, 12:21 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Nothing is impossible."
Oh god...

Here comes the solipsistic existentialism...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-07, 12:57 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Oh god... Here comes the solipsistic..."
In the words of the great Einstein, "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistant one."

Anything is possible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-07, 01:00 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "In the words of the great Einstein,..."
!King_Amazon! said:
In the words of the great Einstein, "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistant one."
Yea, Einstein was poetic. We know this. Quote-mining him, though, is reprehensible. Questioning whether or not reality is real is nonsensical and inapplicable.

Quote:
Anything is possible.
We don't know this. A square can not be round. Up can not be down. True can not be false. 2 + 2 can not be anything but four. What we do seem to know is that not everything is possible.

You should read some David Hume.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2008-04-07 at 01:10 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-07, 01:11 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Yea, Einstein was poetic. We know this...."
What's wrong with questioning it? Isn't that the scientific way? Accepting things blindly is more of a Christian thing, in my opinion.

Perhaps to someone who has willingly limited themself to only believing what they can see, questioning whether reality is real is nonsensical, but I'm not dumb enough to limit myself in such a way. I'm very aware that everything I see could be completely fake.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-07, 01:16 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "What's wrong with questioning it? ..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Perhaps to someone who has willingly limited themself to only believing what they can see, questioning whether reality is real is nonsensical, but I'm not dumb enough to limit myself in such a way. I'm very aware that everything I see could be completely fake.
And what good comes of that? What scientific knowledge can be gained from this line of questioning?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-07, 01:25 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "And what good comes of that? What..."
Well, you know how I feel about knowledge. In my opinion, it doesn't exist.

However, if you put that aside, I'm sure there are a lot of scientists who would agree that there are many things that science will never be able to answer, yet people still attempt to answer these questions. Why not question the nature of reality? It's a great unknown, just like many other things people attempt to answer with science. The problem is, you take reality as it appears, blindly, without questioning it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-04-03, 09:57 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well, you know how I feel about..."
Probably my favorite thread. Too bad he killed it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2009-05-19, 06:41 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Probably my favorite thread. Too bad..."
Sorry for the bump. I don't know where I was when this thread happend but damn, I just read the whole entire thread. Greatest thread ever. Also I did not know mj changed his name to Demosthenes....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-19, 07:58 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Fair enough. What's for tea..."
Evolution said:
I make sense!
I was once a a Bowl of Soup.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-05-20, 04:27 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I was once a a Bowl of Soup."
And you still sta sta stutter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-20, 06:19 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well, you know how I feel about..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Well, you know how I feel about knowledge. In my opinion, it doesn't exist.

However, if you put that aside, I'm sure there are a lot of scientists who would agree that there are many things that science will never be able to answer, yet people still attempt to answer these questions. Why not question the nature of reality? It's a great unknown, just like many other things people attempt to answer with science. The problem is, you take reality as it appears, blindly, without questioning it.
I think this will be one of few times me and Evil Santa see eye-to-eye.
He's pretty fucking awesome from this point of view.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-05-20, 06:55 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I think this will be one of few times..."
The problem I come across is this: you can question reality all you want (I do daily) but that doesn't change a damn thing. You will still wake up every morning and live in the world as we know it. Want to leave reality? Do physcedelic drugs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-20, 12:07 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "The problem I come across is this: you..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
The problem I come across is this: you can question reality all you want (I do daily) but that doesn't change a damn thing..
False! I've come across a unique thing that everytime I get deeply Obsessed with something, and yet I keep it a secret, suddenly it becomes easier to research to the point of "coincidently my teacher gave me a book" or ever "Coincidently the school Bully killed himself and his friends the same way I alwasy dreamed of killing them".
Simply Put: I have the power to alter reality at will!

Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
ou will still wake up every morning and live in the world as we know it. Want to leave reality? Do physcedelic drugs.
Or you could go crazy.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-05-20, 08:15 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "False! I've come across a unique thing..."
So you're telling me you're Suzumiya Haruhi?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired