Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Java and C#?
Posted 2005-02-03, 08:05 AM
Well this forum is pretty dormant so I guess I'll ask a question about some of the worst languages IMO ever made.

So what are your thoughts on JAVA and Microsoft's answer to java, called C#.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2005-02-03, 01:59 PM in reply to pr0xy's post "Java and C#?"
pr0xy said:
Well this forum is pretty dormant so I guess I'll ask a question about some of the worst languages IMO ever made.

So what are your thoughts on JAVA and Microsoft's answer to java, called C#.
I've never coded in C#, so I can't say, but everyone I've talked to has told me it's a great language. I personally think Java is a pretty good language. What do you have against the two languages?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-02-04, 11:05 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I've never coded in C#, so I can't say,..."
They are weak languages. C# is microsoft dependant and so programs coded with it can only be used in a microsoft environment. As for java. It is just a horrid language in my oppinion. The only thing I have seen it good for is web based apps. I dunno.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2005-02-04, 02:29 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "They are weak languages. C# is..."
pr0xy said:
it can only be used in a microsoft environment.
Not true.

Quote:
As for java. It is just a horrid language in my oppinion. The only thing I have seen it good for is web based apps. I dunno.
It's good for web based apps. It's a little slow, but I think it's a fine language. It's certainly one of the easiest languages to program in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-02-07, 07:41 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Not true. It's good for web..."
Not true? I can never get my apps to work on my linux box. Explain.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

pr0xy

Posted 2005-02-07, 01:55 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Not true? I can never get my apps to..."
You using mono?

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2005-02-07 at 06:16 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-02-08, 05:28 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "You using mono?..."
mjordan2nd said:
You using mono?
Oooh nice find. I'll have to try it out.

Edit: But isn't it just like an emulator... I mean... I could use any windows program on my linux box with wine
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

pr0xy

Posted 2005-02-08, 05:41 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Oooh nice find. I'll have to try it..."
pr0xy said:
Oooh nice find. I'll have to try it out.

Edit: But isn't it just like an emulator... I mean... I could use any windows program on my linux box with wine
"Mono includes a compiler for the C# language, an ECMA-compatible runtime engine (the Common Language Runtime, or CLR),and class libraries."

So it's not an emulator. Everybody I know uses it, I just haven't eve done so, so I couldn't tell you too much detail about it. The people at www.programmingforums.org could tell you more about it, if you want.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-02-08, 07:13 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting ""Mono includes a compiler for the C#..."
I personally don't like Java because it takes up a lot of resources :/.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death