Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Watched a fantastic movie today
Posted 2009-10-02, 10:45 PM
It's a drama called "Away From Her". It's about an older couple dealing with the fact that one of them has Alzheimer's and is slowly forgetting her husband and other such things and is eventually placed into a care facility and falls in love with another Alzheimer's patient.

It's definitely about how strong a person's love for their spouse can be and how sometimes we do have to let go, even if it pains us in the long run. Definitely tugged my heartstrings.

It also brought up another factor in my life: memory loss and Alzheimer's. It seems to riddle my family. I've had two grandparents that had it and slowly forgot who I was and who other members of my family were or would create fantastic lies and stories about us and then not even remember it. The realization itself is very hard to swallow and, when it gets to that part, very hurtful. That's why I try to donate money to finding a cure for Alzheimer's.

Personally, I'm not worried about developing it. If I do, then I do and probably won't remember that I had. I already do have some memory problems, but nothing extraordinary. I tend to be a bit optimistic and think I'd find a way to deal. Others, however, are not so comfortable with the thought or idea. I don't blame them. The idea of forgetting who you are and forgetting the people around you is very scary. But it's a factor in life, nonetheless.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-10-02, 11:18 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Watched a fantastic movie today"
Hmmm. Neat. Thanks for sharing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-10-03, 04:46 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Watched a fantastic movie today"
Just try not to forget that you posted this topic, and you'll be fine.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-03, 05:59 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Watched a fantastic movie today"
KagomJack said: [Goto]
I've had two grandparents that had it . . .. That's why I try to donate money to finding a cure . . ..
KagomJack, were your grandparents the type that kept to
themselves or were they the type that tended to preoccupy
themselves with social contacts?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-10-03, 10:18 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "KagomJack, were your grandparents the..."
To be completely honest, man, I don't remember what they were like before they contracted Alzheimer's.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack