Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Question McCain suspends campaign, Slys away from Debate
Posted 2008-09-24, 01:15 PM
You can't be serious..

CNN said:
John McCain suspends campaigning to work on economy, requests postponing Friday debate; asks Obama do the same.
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

It's on the headline banner, You can't be serious. What a cop-out. McCain doesn't want to get destroyed, biggest cop-out ever. What a maverick, this is the first time probably ever one of the presidential candidates has chosen to avoid a debate so deliberately after agreeing to a specific time and date.

How come they haven't stopped campaigning right now? They choose to start "working on the economy" the same night as the debate? You serious?!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26872907/

Quote:
NEW YORK - Republican John McCain says he's directing his staff to work with Barack Obama's campaign and the debate commission to delay Friday's debate because of the economic crisis.

In a statement, McCain says he will stop campaigning after addressing former President Bill Clinton's Global Initiative session on Thursday and return to Washington to focus on the nation's financial problems.

The Republican presidential hopeful called Obama before he made the statement and told him he was going to suspend his campaign, according to a McCain senior adviser.
Quote:
According to the source, McCain wants to create a "political free zone" until a deal is reached on legislation for a $700 billion bailout of the financial industry.

McCain also said he wants President Bush to convene a leadership meeting in Washington. Both he and Obama would attend the session.

The dates of the debates, which include three presidential and one vice presidential debate, were announced on November 19.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-24, 01:18 PM in reply to D3V's post "McCain suspends campaign, Slys away..."
Obama is looked at more favorably with the economy than John McCain. He's taking advantage of the situation to make himself look like the bigger person, and also get away from debating the issue that he will probably lose at. I really think he's going to get his ass whooped in a debate, whenever it is. One of the worst naval grads vs. law professor from Harvard. GG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-09-24, 01:23 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Obama is looked at more favorably with..."
That's ridiculous.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-09-24, 01:25 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "That's ridiculous."
I totally agree. He is trying to make himself look bigger, he's playing fucking political games when they aren't needed. In case nobody has noticed by now, Obama has already set out several plans for the economy since the crash, he has already outlined what needs to be done, and having a "hearing" in the Senate, will change nothing.

It's like meetings at work, the only shit that gets done is in the first five minutes, and the next two hours are just a waste of time, and just make everyone feel like they are doing something.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-24, 03:15 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I totally agree. He is trying to make..."
Oi vey.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-25, 01:03 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Oi vey."
Well, a decision has been agreed upon. I guess the debate can move forward now? I'm sure McBush will find a way to weasel his way out of it.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-25, 01:31 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, a decision has been agreed upon...."
I went to tell Tutti about this when she got home from work yesterday, and I said, "McCain pulled out..." an awkward silence issued, followed by histarical laughter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-25, 01:41 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, a decision has been agreed upon...."
The Debate Committee was like fuk u we aint postpowning debate ur a noob

and McCain was all like shit now im gona get owned
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-25, 01:43 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "The Debate Committee was like fuk u we..."
McShame is gun get 0wnt, gun be tyte, i need to tee-voo it to replay

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-25, 01:44 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "McShame is gun get 0wnt, gun be tyte, i..."
McSame and MILF for 08`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-25, 03:32 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, a decision has been agreed upon...."
Last I heard, the debate is still on.

Oh and this:

Quote:
McCain called for his Democratic rival to agree to a debate postponement until Congress agrees on a $700 billion government plan to rescue banks from enormous debt. "It is difficult to act both quickly and wisely, but that is what is required of us right now. Time is short, and doing nothing is not an option," McCain told the Clinton Global Initiative in New York on Thursday.

Obama rebuffed his GOP rival on the debate proposal, saying the next president needs to "deal with more than one thing at once."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-25, 03:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Last I heard, the debate is still on. ..."
Damn, every time Obama comes back 100% correctly, and precise. When he is on his game, nobody can even touch him. I bet he was a good Lawyer.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-25, 03:36 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Damn, every time Obama comes back 100%..."
I honestly cannot wait for the debate. I wish it could come sooner. Shit's gonna be funny.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-25, 03:38 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I honestly cannot wait for the debate. ..."
I am setting aside a few hours to watch the entire thing tomorrow. I've already turned down a few dumb bitches of hanging out to rather go ahead and watch the Debate. Like you said, it should be very amusing. Hillary was Obama's only chance at stumping him during these debates, and she did very well; However, McCain has no chance, he only knows what talking points he is fed every morning for breakfast.

I can only hope for the biggest slaughter we have ever witnessed, but most likely it will be McCain distorting the facts, and playing more bullshit political games.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-25, 03:52 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I am setting aside a few hours to watch..."
So, is the debate like Obama directing questions at McCain and visa versa? Or do they answer questions from a lineup of 'important people'. What time is it on btw? I haven't heard anything on the tv about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-25, 03:58 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "So, is the debate like Obama directing..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
So, is the debate like Obama directing questions at McCain and visa versa? Or do they answer questions from a lineup of 'important people'. What time is it on btw? I haven't heard anything on the tv about it.
I'm actually not too positive on the format. I'm almost certain it will be a Q+A session where the question wil be directed at one candidate and they will be alotted a certain amount of time to answer the question, and then the other candidate will get to pick up from there and have their own response, in doing so they basically get to call each other out on things, which makes it fun to watch.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-25, 04:04 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm actually not too positive on the..."
Ah ok, well lets just hope McCain doesn't drop a SC on Obama... I don't know what Obama could say after that...

(for those who have forgotten)

BORKED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-25, 04:30 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Ah ok, well lets just hope McCain..."
McCain came out and said that if Congress doesn't approve a bailout plan by the debate, he won't show up. He's screwed either way now--if he doesn't show up, he looks like a total flake. If he does, he looks like he has no balls. Haha
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2008-09-25, 04:41 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "McCain came out and said that if..."
Xenn said: [Goto]
McCain came out and said that if Congress doesn't approve a bailout plan by the debate, he won't show up. He's screwed either way now--if he doesn't show up, he looks like a total flake. If he does, he looks like he has no balls. Haha
Yeah, but they have already agreed on terms, now it just has to be pushed forward.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-25, 09:03 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah, but they have already agreed on..."
Neogtiations broke down so far... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080926/...ncial_meltdown
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav