Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Did Jesus exist? Italian court to decide
Posted 2006-01-06, 07:18 PM
By Phil Stewart
Wed Jan 4, 10:28 PM ET

ROME (Reuters) - Forget the U.S. debate over intelligent design versus evolution.

An Italian court is tackling Jesus -- and whether the Roman Catholic Church may be breaking the law by teaching that he existed 2,000 years ago.

The case pits against each other two men in their 70s, who are from the same central Italian town and even went to the same seminary school in their teenage years.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ligion_court_1

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe Jesus existed, but not as the Christ Jesus. I think this debate itself is stupid to even discuss. But that's me. Any comments, thoughts, outbursts of pure anger?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2006-01-06, 08:05 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Did Jesus exist? Italian court to decide"
What could possibly come from this?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2006-01-06, 10:23 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "What could possibly come from this?"
I'm fucking alive. Italian morons.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-01-06, 10:43 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I'm fucking alive. Italian morons."
i believe in the gospel of mark. Mark states that Jesus was human til he was baptised in the Jordan by John the Baptist. He then became Christ Jesus and his fate would lead to the resurrection. Jesus's power on earth was equal to the power of evil so thats why it wasnt apparent to his apostles that he was indeed the son of man.

Now the son of man was originally written by Daniel, an apocalyptic jew (in other words thought that the world would end soon), wrote about a Jewish man being risen from this world into the heavens where God gave him the power and ability to defeat the captors of the Jewish land, at this time which was the syrians. This Jewish man would be a messiah, king, and would rule over the jewish lands. Many people believed in this and preached this word. But as we all know, the MacaBees used gorilla warefare to defeat the syrians and drove them off the land. Instead of calling Daniel a liar, they stored his writtings so that maybe one day they could look back on them and see the true son of man.

Eventually, the Romans came and took over the land, and people once again looked towards the Daniel (to be more accurate, Daniel 7) writtings.

Most theologians believe that Jesus thought he was the forerunner of the messiah. He was brought to this world to pave the way for the king. He was an apocalyptic jew and preached the writtings of Daniel 7. Much how Jesus thought of himself, is how we think of John the Baptist, because we believe as christians that John paved the way for Jesus.

After Jesus was baptisted, he fought evil be doing exorcisms on evil spirits. If you read the gospel of Mark, the demons know Jesus as the son of man, but his apostles do not. Again, Mark's view of Jesus is not the all powerful one that we believe in today. He's actually the weakest of all 4 gospels. To prove this, if we look at the resurrection, Jesus asks why god has forsaken him, whereas John writes Jesus proclaims that his death "is done."

Just something to think about. This meeting has no significant meaning what so ever. Just give up already and let our German pope (Nazi) do his thing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-01-07, 06:18 AM in reply to KagomJack's post "Did Jesus exist? Italian court to decide"
Quote:
Even Cascioli admits that the odds are against him, especially in Roman Catholic Italy.

"It would take a miracle to win," he joked.
The guy's crazy. He's off his nut!

What is he going to gain from a court case trying to prove whether Jesus did exist or not?

----------

Kagom said:
I believe Jesus existed, but not as the Christ Jesus. I think this debate itself is stupid to even discuss. But that's me. Any comments, thoughts, outbursts of pure anger?
I believe that Jesus probably did exist at some time, just not as the Son of God.

More or less every person you hear about in tales such as King Arthur, and Robin Hood and what have you, lived in some way. King Arthur was probably a Celtic Chieftan, Robin Hood may have been a murderous outlaw. In either case, a real person has given rise to legends about themselves, often written hundreds of years later. I think that the same applies to Jesus.

You never know, the Jesus that could have given rise to these stories and fables (and everything else in the New Testament) could have been a normal man with a mental problem. When he was around no-one would have had a clue that he had a mental problem, they didn't even know what it was, and as Religion seemed to play a big part in life then, they may have believed him.

As for his healings that he performed, there are many scientific explanations for them. For example, one theory states that he used a lot of Cannabis. Now I'm not saying that Jesus was a druggie, don't get me wrong. Cannabis has many mecidinal values and so the use of it could have helped in these 'miracle cures', in effect making it a 'miracle drug'.

So yeah, my opinion is that Jesus did exist, but not as the Christ Jesus that is portrayed in the books of the New Testament.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-07, 07:10 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The guy's crazy. He's off his nut! ..."
I dunno if Jesus ever existed, but if he did, he was just a regular guy like everyone else. He might have been a great guy and helped tons of people but when you start saying he's the son of some supreme being and that he has super powers and stuff you've lost touch with reality.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-01-07, 03:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I dunno if Jesus ever existed, but if..."
Of course he existed. His powers were just... exagerated.

http://media.putfile.com/family-guy-jesus

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-01-07, 03:37 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Of course he existed. His powers were..."
Family Guy movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-01-07, 03:45 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Did Jesus exist? Italian court to decide"
i dont beleive in fairy tales lad
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-01-08, 12:10 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "i dont beleive in fairy tales lad"
I don't understand why any of you people can be so certain of ANYTHING that happened that long ago. I also don't understand how you can be so certain that there wasn't a guy named Jesus who was the Son of God.... I think people are too willing to accept reality as it is. For all we know the world is run by one person, who knows. WHO THE FUCK KNOWS. Who even fucking knows if there are 9 planets in our solar system. Have you been there? Have you seen the shit? Or are you just listening to some asshole scientist? For all YOUR pretentious ass knows, the scientist is lying, and the priest is right. You can't know shit. None of us can know shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2006-01-08, 09:17 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "I don't understand why any of you..."
Penny_Bags said:
I don't understand why any of you people can be so certain of ANYTHING that happened that long ago. I also don't understand how you can be so certain that there wasn't a guy named Jesus who was the Son of God.... I think people are too willing to accept reality as it is. For all we know the world is run by one person, who knows. WHO THE FUCK KNOWS. Who even fucking knows if there are 9 planets in our solar system. Have you been there? Have you seen the shit? Or are you just listening to some asshole scientist? For all YOUR pretentious ass knows, the scientist is lying, and the priest is right. You can't know shit. None of us can know shit.
I'm that certain because I'm Black Jesus white boy!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-01-08, 09:45 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I'm that certain because I'm Black..."
Sigh. You.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2006-01-08, 03:59 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "i believe in the gospel of mark. Mark..."
What denomination teaches that Jesus 'became the Son of God' when he was baptized? He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, True God and True Man. I'm a WELS Lutheran, and that is my belief. He came to earth to die for our sins and rise again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-01-08, 04:05 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "What denomination teaches that Jesus..."
Sounds pointless in my opinion
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-01-08, 04:26 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "Sounds pointless in my opinion"
Arguing religion is as pointless as fighting on the internet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-01-08, 07:31 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Arguing religion is as pointless as..."
well if u dont believe me, then read the gospel of mark. Nowhere does it state that he was the son of god before the baptism. After he was baptised in the jordon the skies opened and all that good stuff happened. Plus, the book of mark starts with that story becuase thats what he believed in. Look it up if u dont believe me
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-01-08, 09:35 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "well if u dont believe me, then read..."
gruesomeBODY said:
well if u dont believe me, then read the gospel of mark. Nowhere does it state that he was the son of god before the baptism. After he was baptised in the jordon the skies opened and all that good stuff happened. Plus, the book of mark starts with that story becuase thats what he believed in. Look it up if u dont believe me
How would looking that up convince me when I consider the Bible a work of fiction to begin with?

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-01-08, 10:56 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "How would looking that up convince me..."
Mark was probably trippin on summa that ganja.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-01-08, 11:57 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "http://www.cannabis.net/articles/jesus-c..."
Very interesting read Thanatos.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!