Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

My Zealot Sucks...Any Suggestions?
Posted 2004-07-19, 11:42 AM
My zealot really sucks ass. his damage is only 2530-7466. ih ave zeal,sacrafice and fana maxed and working on holy shield now. he kills kinda slow and he doesnt have enough life to live long. i have um'd shako, eth botd zerker, enigma archon, um'd hoz, 59/20 rends, 2 ravenfrost rings, verdungo and sandstorm trek boots on him. his inventory is filled with life charms but he still sucks and dies. i am thinkin about jus abandoning him and switch some gear to my hammerdin but before i do does anyone have any suggestions how to make him better? oh and by the way for CTA could i hold 2 and have +12 BO?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LuNaTiKpLaYa89 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLuNaTiKpLaYa89 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LuNaTiKpLaYa89

Posted 2004-07-19, 11:48 AM in reply to LuNaTiKpLaYa89's post "My Zealot Sucks...Any Suggestions?"
seems like you need a lot more life leech for a melee character, perhaps use a different helm like gaze with the leech and dmg reduction, that is a shit load of dmg for a melee character so i think perhaps if you got better speed and more leech you should kick ass PvM
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-07-19, 12:02 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "seems like you need a lot more life..."
i think u get +12 bo if u hold 2cta but only barbs can hold both tough... anyway, worth trying it on a barb
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar

Posted 2004-07-19, 12:04 PM in reply to Dr. Geekstar's post starting "i think u get +12 bo if u hold 2cta but..."
sorry this is probably a stupid question but what is cta?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-07-19, 12:25 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "sorry this is probably a stupid..."
Call to arms. A runeword that gives 1-6 to battle orders and 1-6 to battle command, or something like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-19, 12:28 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Call to arms. A runeword that gives..."
oh ya... shit totally forgot, now i know why my zealot never die aganst monsters, you either get exile, which i strongly recommand, so you can cast life tap, or get the glove... forgot the name that give 10% life leech, 15 str. and like 5% life tap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-07-19, 12:29 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "oh ya... shit totally forgot, now i..."
5 % chance to cast lvl 10 lifetap.

Dracul's Gloves .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-19, 12:33 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "5 % chance to cast lvl 10 lifetap. ..."
well i have a 40/15 ias gaze in stash but it takes my damage down alot. and why not steel rends? it gives +damage also. draculs dont...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LuNaTiKpLaYa89 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLuNaTiKpLaYa89 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LuNaTiKpLaYa89

Posted 2004-07-19, 12:34 PM in reply to LuNaTiKpLaYa89's post starting "well i have a 40/15 ias gaze in stash..."
Life tap OWNS in duels. IF you're using a exile, and a draculs, you have a 15 percent chance of casting life tap. THat lifetap can bring you up from 1 hp to full health in one zeal. Steelrends are all good and peachy when it comes to PVM but pvp, life lifetap owns!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-19, 01:03 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Life tap OWNS in duels. IF you're..."
heh i think imma trade the botd for better gear for my hammerdin. thanks for suggestions though everyone
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

LuNaTiKpLaYa89

Posted 2004-07-19, 01:37 PM in reply to LuNaTiKpLaYa89's post starting "heh i think imma trade the botd for..."
What gear does your hammerdin have now?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-07-19, 02:11 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "What gear does your hammerdin have now?"
i listed it in my first post in this thread....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

LuNaTiKpLaYa89

Posted 2004-07-19, 02:16 PM in reply to LuNaTiKpLaYa89's post "My Zealot Sucks...Any Suggestions?"
LuNaTiKpLaYa89 said:
i am thinkin about jus abandoning him and switch some gear to my hammerdin

Actually I wanted to know what gear your hammerdin uses now and what you would be replacing in lew of you getting rid of your Zealot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-07-19, 02:39 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Actually I wanted to know what gear..."
oh my bad u said hammerdin >.< lol hammer is usin armegeddon slippers, hoto, um'd zak, um'd shako, gunna put enigma archon on melee on him but hees usin dusk enigma right now, frost burns, sandstormtrek boots, arachnid belt, 2 sojs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

LuNaTiKpLaYa89

Posted 2004-07-19, 02:46 PM in reply to LuNaTiKpLaYa89's post starting "oh my bad u said hammerdin >.< lol..."
That setup is almost exactly what my hammerdin uses minus the HOTO. The Archon and Dusk Enigma is really mute, they are both more or less equal in my eyes. I don't see how any of your zealot gear can help your current hammerdin setup.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-07-19, 03:59 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "That setup is almost exactly what my..."
u can put 2xctas on the barb but it wont really matter cause they will do the same thing as echoing weapons cept the +1 to all skills because on a barb ctas only get up to +3 to battle order and the otehr stuff meaning that the 2xctas would just give 8 bo instead of 12 sry to disapoint u guys but its true
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-07-19, 04:35 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "u can put 2xctas on the barb but it..."
how would it only be +3 to bo if the CTA says 6..?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

LuNaTiKpLaYa89

Posted 2004-07-19, 04:48 PM in reply to LuNaTiKpLaYa89's post starting "how would it only be +3 to bo if the..."
It's a cap limit set by blizz

If you put flamebellow on a sorc, she won't get +18 to inferno, it'd be like yelling for abuse.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-07-19, 05:35 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "It's a cap limit set by blizz :( If..."
I wouldnt abandon ur zealot soo quickly, they can be quick powerful if built correctly. What lvl is he now, he must be pretty low if you havent finished holy shield, something u should have finished before sacrafice. And once ur doen with holy shield max defiance but ull be lvl95 or 96 before u can finish that. Also how much life do u have? And Exile is a must for pvp so i would suggest gettin one if u can afford it. Also enigma is a horrible armor for a pvp zealot. Todays melee duelz, all about defense and use drac's instead of rends, like sov said Life Tap Owns.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-07-19, 07:07 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "I wouldnt abandon ur zealot soo..."
SlickFic04 said:
I wouldnt abandon ur zealot soo quickly, they can be quick powerful if built correctly. What lvl is he now, he must be pretty low if you havent finished holy shield, something u should have finished before sacrafice. And once ur doen with holy shield max defiance but ull be lvl95 or 96 before u can finish that. Also how much life do u have? And Exile is a must for pvp so i would suggest gettin one if u can afford it. Also enigma is a horrible armor for a pvp zealot. Todays melee duelz, all about defense and use drac's instead of rends, like sov said Life Tap Owns.
You could also do like every other build based on enigma, just get enough strengh to put on enigma and use Enigma's strengh to wear gear and have more points in vit.

And life tap owns

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT