Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Binding Items
Posted 2007-10-15, 03:41 PM
Is there A way I can bind two common items or any item in general?

ex/ If you bind a letter and a flash light, you would get a readable letter, or if you wine and a glass, you get a glass of wine.

Is this possible? (If anyone has any answer to my other question, please say it in this thread too).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
idiotno69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenidiotno69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

idiotno69

Posted 2007-10-17, 07:53 PM in reply to idiotno69's post "Binding Items"
Rmxp?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2007-10-20, 09:36 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Rmxp?"
03 dude. Sorry.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
idiotno69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenidiotno69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

idiotno69

Posted 2007-10-21, 08:28 PM in reply to idiotno69's post starting "03 dude. Sorry."
There's not a function like that built in, I'm afraid. You'd have to do it yourself.

If it's for a CMS (Custom Menu System), you could do it, but it'd be hard (or more trouble than I'd like to explain - I'm not even sure it would work ). On the other hand, you could do it the easy way (though it won't as good).

We'll use the Glass of Wine as an example. Just have an event on a map that removes the two items used to create it (let's say Drinking Glass and Bottle of Wine) and adds the item created (Glass of Wine).

It won't play very pretty in a Resident Evil-type game, but it's simple and effective.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2007-11-01, 08:20 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "There's not a function like that built..."
I guess that could work, but how would I do it the hard way? I'm willing to go the extra ten miles for this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

idiotno69

Posted 2007-11-03, 09:54 AM in reply to idiotno69's post starting "I guess that could work, but how would..."
Hard way as in make a custom menu system (which I'm sure you've done), have an item page, have three events with the items, and when you 'click' on one of the items, have an option that says bind (or whatever word you want to use), and make you click the other item to bind it with, deleting both bound items and creating a new item.

Sorry for morning sentence-structure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101

Posted 2007-11-04, 03:59 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Hard way as in make a custom menu..."
Actually, sorry to make this harder for you, but I have not made a custom menu system. How would I do this?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

idiotno69

Posted 2007-11-07, 08:14 PM in reply to idiotno69's post starting "Actually, sorry to make this harder for..."
Plenty of tutorials out there. Check the forums - just search for CMS, I'm sure you'll find something. If you need specific help, just go ahead and post on here and I'll try to help the best I can.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101

Posted 2007-11-09, 05:39 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Plenty of tutorials out there. Check..."
Thanks man.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

idiotno69

Posted 2007-11-09, 08:35 PM in reply to idiotno69's post starting "Thanks man."
No problem. Posts on this board keep it alive anyways.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101