Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

wind druid
Posted 2005-09-03, 01:17 AM
are wind druids worth a damn in 1.11. i remember playing one on west in 1.10 and it sucked bad even with huge plus to skills...had full inv of skill gcs and earth shifter and it sucked in hell. how do wind druids even get high in lvl or are they pure low lvl charactors? what build is best..hurricane just don't do enough dmg..i was still under 2k with all the +skills
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
umi_riyoki is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenumi_riyoki is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

umi_riyoki

Posted 2005-09-03, 01:46 AM in reply to umi_riyoki's post "wind druid"
Um, they kicked some ass in 1.10 and in 1.11. Now.. you say it sucked in hell. I've seen a good wind druid do choas runs, and those are about as hard as it gets in hell. What do you mean how do they get to a high lvl. Just like every other character. Baal runs. You don't have to be good to do baal runs even, you just cast/attack before the monsters even spawn and if you have a good group, they're already dead before they can attack. I've never made one personally(It was next on my list until the bannings)but just to get an idea of what your talking about I fixed one up on single player real quick. Hurricane/Tornado seems to be most wind druids main attacks, that I've seen online. Tornado will easily do over 2k dmg at lvl 22, w/ maxed synergies. Now I'm not sure how most builds go though because I think lotsa druids max thier spirit of the oak, and then they have a tank bear too... So that would 80 points (because Tornado has 3synergies) w/ the maxed oak, plus however many you wanted to put in tank bear. Equals 100+ points, that would be a pretty high level character it seems to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-09-03, 09:16 AM in reply to umi_riyoki's post "wind druid"
I don't like druids simply because they are stacking recast whores.

Get hit with an ele attack? Go back and recast cyclone.

Your wolves pk'd by hammers? Go restack them.

Your sage die to v/t foh? Go resummon.

Etc etc etc. If you don't min that they are very powerful builds. Nothing really changed with them from 1.10 to 1.11
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-09-03, 09:54 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I don't like druids simply because they..."
Kaneda I dont think they max grizzle, with all the plus skills just 1 point or a few points would be enough, especially with a bunch of points into oak, the bear would have a lot of life.
XboxLive: x2xExZ

D2jsp: Your_Mom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2005-09-05, 06:11 AM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Kaneda I dont think they max grizzle,..."
Oh ok. Ya see I dont know a whole lot about them. Im just going on what would seem logical and exp from playing against them. Although I didnt say to max bear.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda