Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

How long does FF7 Take...
Posted 2002-09-07, 12:42 AM
How long does FF7 take(on average) to beat the game.... Im allready on disk two (just beat Jenova-Alive with ease) and I have only played 20 hrs.... so how long does the whole game take? Is cd-3 big?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-09-07, 03:07 AM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
It depends on how far you want to go in the game. If you just want to go through the story and not really go beyond the necessary path, then it's probably between 30 and 40 hours. If you want to get every last item, Limit Break, Materia, armor piece and weapon it takes substantially longer. Maybe between 50 and 70 hours. Possibly longer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-09-07, 08:01 AM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
Hmmm... Taco, I really don't think this thread is any useful to any of us... so next time, please don't make these kind of threads... cuz this is kinda common sense, it could take FOREVER to beat it cuz u might just lvl and walk around and get items and crap, you might not even choose to beat the game until you are like DEAD lol, so ya...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-09-07, 01:44 PM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
Well, im talking about the story line, not going back and lvling and getting shit... (I currently have most of the shit)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-09-09, 03:01 PM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
Ok... I'm not sure what you mean by, "I currently have most of the shit"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-09-09, 03:33 PM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
He thinks he has most of the weapons, armor, materia etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-09-09, 05:25 PM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
Well, I mean that im using the guide, and IM getting every item there is on my way... so WITH getting everything...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tacoX

Posted 2002-09-09, 06:30 PM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
Oh, okay. Well, if you're just going straight through without doing any of the sidequests (Wutai, Chocobo Raising, killing all the Weapons, etc.) then I'd say you're looking at maybe 40 hours. If you want to get ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING in the game, then you're looking at possibly more than 70 hours.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2002-09-10, 07:33 PM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
I would want to get EVERYTHING in the game because...
#1 Thats what I always do in all the FF games... I get all the things that I could get... but if its too hard for me to do the side quest... well then I just quit for awhile and let a friend do it or just come back to it later on...

hmm I only have one reason? lol, gotta think abit more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-10-03, 11:03 AM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
Well, after getting EVERY item (which is impossible to figure on your own without having some kind of guide), beating both the weapons, lvling everyone to 99's, finding all the break limits, participating in most of the mini games to a good extent... I played for over 90 hours, but didn't cross the 100 hour mark...

Titusfied
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-10-03, 12:43 PM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
90 hours... is that suppose to be impressive? or is it just a normal amount of time?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-10-04, 02:10 AM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
I got ith materia
How would life be if the world smoked weed.... wow think about it! The world would be so much more chill back!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Saintofsouls is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSaintofsouls is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Saintofsouls

Posted 2002-10-04, 03:30 AM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
ya ok, there is none
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EvilSteven is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvilSteven is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EvilSteven

Posted 2002-10-04, 01:04 PM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
ith materia? lol isn't that from Diablo II? lol

EDIT: oops, i forgot that its Ith RUNE, not materia lol. But does ITH MATERIA exist anyway?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-10-04, 02:43 PM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
No, hes just fooling with you. But there are some that don't have a name in the japanese version, they were removed yet left in the game code. Note that only the original jap version and not the international/USA versions didn't have them, seeing as via gameshark you could access the hidden materias. However one of the disabled materia's in the jap version became underwater materia.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dark Dragoon

Posted 2002-10-05, 03:42 PM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
...What can I say...? Well, I can say this...

WOW~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-10-06, 08:46 AM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
Dark_Pheonix, I'm quite suprised that you would think there was ITH materia in FF7. Looks like someone needs to brush up on their ff7 info
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dark Dragoon

Posted 2002-10-06, 03:16 PM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
Well, you should be surprised that I didn't even FINISH the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-10-09, 03:26 PM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
I'm currently looking at your avatar, and then my previous expression that was on my face when I saw that, and comparing them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dark Dragoon

Posted 2002-10-09, 04:58 PM in reply to tacoX's post "How long does FF7 Take..."
right... ANYHOW, I really gotta finish up the game, but the thing is, I'm too lazy to play any other RPG right now. After I beat Kingdom Hearts, I guess I could play abit of those and beat it before the end of the year.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix