Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you Believe?
Yes 51 52.04%
No 32 32.65%
I Dont Know What to Think 15 15.31%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2002-12-23, 04:46 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Lets try to keep this going, since he have alot of new members since.

God is real, no doubt about it. Well, thats what I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-12-23, 05:14 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
too much reading on the subject.. so many pages.

basically.. there's no evidence for God other than written word.

BTW.. I have a 14 inch dick... do you believe that??

c'mon.. it's written word.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways. There's proof for natural selection (there is no proof for evolution, even darwin kinda went back and forth on whether evolution from monkeys was possible) natural selection requires that some form of evolution takes place over a long period of time, doesn't mean monkeys are our ancestors, but it means that it COULD happen... just as much COULD as... there COULD be a God.

I personally just think the bible was written by a guy who was a good writer. so good that tons of people believed him just as people believed HG Wells reading of the war of the worlds.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
byrdclaw is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbyrdclaw is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

byrdclaw

Posted 2002-12-23, 08:46 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
byrdclaw said:
doesn't mean monkeys are our ancestors, but it means that it COULD happen... just as much COULD as... there COULD be a God.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-24, 08:07 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
OK!!! here is my opinion... (i voted no) human brains are incapable of imnagining life after deathrite? so that means that we MANIFESTED the idea of a "god" to keep ourselves comforted and btw those "scientific proofs" were probably phenomenons as in SCIENTIFIC so go join the church of christian scientists... go bug ppl entering the hospital or sumthing
-nate
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
natedowgg is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweennatedowgg is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

natedowgg

Posted 2002-12-24, 10:12 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
natedowgg said:
OK!!! here is my opinion... (i voted no) human brains are incapable of imnagining life after deathrite? so that means that we MANIFESTED the idea of a "god" to keep ourselves comforted and btw those "scientific proofs" were probably phenomenons as in SCIENTIFIC so go join the church of christian scientists... go bug ppl entering the hospital or sumthing
-nate
Out of the things humans could manifest somebody sure did manifest a good story and lots of history into making a bible and all this other stuff. Also back then it wasn't the way it is today, No freedom of religion or nothing. do you think these people manifest themself a false truth just too die?
Don't get me wrong I am very skeptical of storys like "god" and "miracles" but in the concern of faith it is something that has always been there to get me through the hard times. Now if god doesn't exist then atleast I still had the psycological support to make it through certain situations, a lot like Santa makes the children smile after they know he has been there...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-12-24, 03:11 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
i believe we came from monkeys, so much proof to it i do not understand why people chose to deny it. There is no god. There is not someone or something watching over us. If there was then he is a pretty evil person and not a god.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Caro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCaro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Caro

Posted 2002-12-24, 03:20 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Why would you think that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-12-24, 03:52 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
I agree with caro about the fact that there is tons of evidence leading to the conclusion of people coming from monkeys. I do not wish to offend anyone, but I also agree with caro about the part he states about god where hs sais
Quote:
If there was then he is a pretty evil person and not a god.
Look at all the evil in the world today. If there is a god why doesn't he put a stop to it? O well...maybe ill understand 1 day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2002-12-24, 04:24 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Religions were emerged from people's personal urges for power and wealth. They're just there to make us sleep better at night.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-12-25, 10:52 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
natedowgg said:
we MANIFESTED the idea of a "god" to keep ourselves comforted
-nate
exactly wut i said chruser...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
natedowgg is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweennatedowgg is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

natedowgg

Posted 2002-12-25, 03:39 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
lets face it; there's just as much prove that God exist as there is prove that we came from primates or meteroids. thats why I choose to remain netural and optimistic about this entire thing.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-25, 06:47 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
mjordan2nd said:
If there is a god why doesn't he put a stop to it?
Because we brought the chaos onto ourselves.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-12-25, 11:48 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
With freewill comes many great and some not so great things.
Laws of entropy- All things go from Organized to Chaos.
So with that in mind only things can get worst but may faith give light that shines even in the darkest heart.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-12-26, 05:34 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Strider Fury said:
lets face it; there's just as much prove that God exist as there is prove that we came from primates or meteroids.
Such as?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2002-12-26, 05:43 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
mjordan2nd said:
Strider Fury said:
lets face it; there's just as much prove that God exist as there is prove that we came from primates or meteroids.
Such as?
ancient documents, history, holy artifacts. You might say that isn't ne thing but 1000yrs from now documents and artifacts might be the only proof of evolution...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-12-26, 06:06 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
I completyly believe in god with all of my heart but one question... jesus has been dead for about 2000 years how in the hell is there still more testimants coming out... ive always wandered how they say jesus told them something and just decide to tell someone 2000 years later..personally if jesus told me something i get up and go spread the word that instant, cause if a holy being tells you something your either crazy or extremly blessed either way people should know that. I do however dissagree with one part of the bible... the tower of babble, why on earth would god make everyone speak a different language... he knows they wont get to the holy heavens above and im sure there were dissbelievers back then so every human on earth coudnt have been working on it... and i think the stone henges could possibably be the tower of bable.. it is sorta in a tower shape and i dont see how all them heavy ass rocks got up there it MUST have taken at least 500 people to do it unless they used the dirt wedge method.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2002-12-26, 07:09 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
what on earth are you talking about?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-27, 03:35 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
mjordan2nd said:
caro about the part he states about god where hs sais
I am a girl.... lmao.

But yeah i read an article about evolution. And how many things helped the Chimps evolve into what they are known today... humans. Maybe you people should research on this a bit. Look at the many ways the skull of monkeys has changed into the skull of humans. You will see. But it still remains on what you believe. Everyone can believe in what they want and will always think it is right. There is no right or wrong in this topic because it is an ongoing controversy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Caro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCaro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Caro

Posted 2002-12-27, 03:39 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Maybe that did happen, but people have to realize that the Bible was translated and passed down through word of mouth for hundreds of years...think that it could have changed?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-12-27, 03:55 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
very. the Bible originated from a rather dark period of time and place. everytime the story is told some people may change it to make it better or for it to make more sense. another example of this is that if you've ever played this game when you were little in school where the teacher begins by whispering something into the other person's ear and tell them to pass it on, and at the end the sentence will be different than the original once it gets to the end of the circle. and we are talking bout serveral hundreds years before the Bible even began to be written.

Last edited by Strider Fury; 2002-12-27 at 03:58 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury