Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2009-06-30, 03:36 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Regardless..."
Kingy?! Arr Oh Eff Ell!

---

Turns out the client dislikes downloading quickly. Tomorrow will my day of triumph! It better be a good game after all this hassle...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-06-30, 05:01 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Kingy?! Arr Oh Eff Ell! --- Turns..."
I had to download it twice because I accidentally quit the installation =/

What are everyones' usernames on Heaven's Tear? I keep on forgetting to add them.

Edit: ahh, didn't notice the first post

Last edited by Wallow; 2009-06-30 at 05:07 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-06-30, 05:05 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I had to download it twice because I..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
I had to download it twice because I accidentally quit the installation =/

What are everyones' usernames on Heaven's Tear? I keep on forgetting to add them.

It's on the first post.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-06-30, 05:49 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "It's on the first post."
The leader of my faction recently left, and I log in today to find he put me in charge. Now, it's only a green faction, but it's decently large. Any advice?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-06-30, 06:01 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "The leader of my faction recently left,..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
The leader of my faction recently left, and I log in today to find he put me in charge. Now, it's only a green faction, but it's decently large. Any advice?

Good incentive to play the game?

Really though, unless you have lots of money and lots of respect, being a leader is worthless.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-07-01, 08:13 AM in reply to Silverjinx18's post "Perfect World"
God damn I feel dirty.

So dirty I'm not even going to think about putting my character name into the first post.

That was a waste of 2.5gb of bandwidth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-07-01, 09:32 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "God damn I feel dirty. So dirty I'm..."
I got on last night for about 10 minutes and then realized I would be more entertained if I went to bed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-01, 01:27 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "God damn I feel dirty. So dirty I'm..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
God damn I feel dirty.

So dirty I'm not even going to think about putting my character name into the first post.

That was a waste of 2.5gb of bandwidth.

Lenny, what is your problem? The game is great, it just takes a certain amount of time to get used to it. If you put things aside without giving them a fair chance, how will you ever know what the game is really like? Up in the higher levels the game gets better. Lower levels sucked, for me anyways. And really that was because I didn't know how to play. The UI can be a little overwhelming at first too, but you get used to how it is after a while.

And if I did get you right, I hope you try it again. Oh, and if it isn't about what I wrote above and instead of about the all of the catshops and idiots constantly dueling and chattering in town. Well, I ignore them for the most part. Except that I do become a catshop when I'm sleeping or not playing, quite a bit.

Now, I have to get back to my level 12 Archer and possible make another new character for no reason.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-07-01, 02:34 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Lenny, what is your problem? The game..."
I've washed and washed and washed and I still can't get the feeling of being dirty out of my system. I shudder to think what it's done to my computer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2009-07-01, 02:37 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've washed and washed and washed and I..."
Why did you feel dirty..

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2009-07-01, 02:42 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Why did you feel dirty.."
Because I played it for about an hour.

The UI was horrible, the mechanics felt clunky, and the game as a whole was an absolute waste of time and effort.

I could probably program better in a weekend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2009-07-01, 04:52 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Because I played it for about an hour...."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Because I played it for about an hour.

The UI was horrible, the mechanics felt clunky, and the game as a whole was an absolute waste of time and effort.

I could probably program better in a weekend.

Ha, ha, yeah right.

The UI is great if you get used to it. One hour is not nearly enough time to get used to a game like this. It's too bad that you're so impatient that you couldn't just sit down and play it for a longer period of time to give it a fighting chance. I really can't stand people like you who judge a game when they've barely even played it. You're being like the guy who rights reviews on games he's read reviews about.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-07-01, 04:56 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Ha, ha, yeah right. The UI is great..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
Ha, ha, yeah right.

The UI is great if you get used to it. One hour is not nearly enough time to get used to a game like this. It's too bad that you're so impatient that you couldn't just sit down and play it for a longer period of time to give it a fighting chance. I really can't stand people like you who judge a game when they've barely even played it. You're being like the guy who rights reviews on games he's read reviews about.
If you have to "get used to it", the UI is not great. That's kind of a given. It's tolerable at best.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-01, 06:27 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If you have to "get used to it", the UI..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
If you have to "get used to it", the UI is not great. That's kind of a given. It's tolerable at best.

I love the UI. I think it was made with intention of ease, but can be, like I said earlier, a little overwhelming at first. Once you do "get used to it," it is really nice and convenient.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-07-01, 07:41 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I love the UI. I think it was made..."
Ahh suck it up. It's not a bad game if you get used to the UI
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2009-07-02, 01:40 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Ha, ha, yeah right. The UI is great..."
The whole definition of a good UI is a UI which is simple and easy to use from the word "go". If it takes people a while to get used to it, then there's less chance that they'll come back and actually learn how to use it, in which case the company who created the product will lose a lot of money.

A UI can make or break a program. Surely you know this?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2009-07-02, 01:59 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The whole definition of a good UI is a..."
GLG you should program a better UI.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-07-02, 04:49 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "GLG you should program a better UI....."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
GLG you should program a better UI.....

I like the UI a lot. I honestly couldn't do any better.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-07-03, 12:15 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I like the UI a lot. I honestly..."
Story Time!

Wallow, Guy 1, Guy 2, and Myself are the characters.

So we're going through a dungeon which I can take out by myself with a cleric. However, we got Guy 1, who is really sucky at being a cleric and always wants to attack instead of heal people. Then we got Guy 2, who just complains a lot. Then we have Wallow who was being Leroy Jenkins. And me who was trying to just get through it and isn't being healed because Guy 1 is a freakin' retard not healing people. But instead letting people die and then revives them forcing us to lose XP. Right before the boss Wallow has to apparently get off his computer wasting 20-minutes of everyones time and causing a massive strife among the faction. I was planning on kicking the guy who kept backtalking me, but instead I simply asked my brother about how Guy 1 plays. And he said that he does exactly what I said he does. My brother is kinda annoyed by Guy 1 too, because he doesn't heal people like he's supposed to. Anyways, the moral of the story is I want to kill Wallow. And I wanted to rant, because I'm annoyed at Wallow and the guy who was provoking me, who I really want to kick and plan to if he backtalks me anymore.

Okay, I'm done ranting. Seriously though, damn you Wallow. Don't make me have to kick you to stop artarded drama in the faction.

If you play this game, don't act like any of the above besides me. In fact, these are your primary functions.

Clerics: Heal people, don't tank, don't take on places alone and don't let people die.
Venomancers: Suck it you cheapscapes
Archers: Bunch of pansies, but stay back
Barbarians: Go on and attack until higher levels where you need to tank
Wizards: Faggots, stop trying to act cool, you suck and you know it
Blademasters: Go on and attack, attack, attack, don't tank.

Okay, now play and don't be a faggot.

UPDATE: Mentioned faggots have left the faction by choice! Yay, that's a win for me!

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2009-07-03 at 03:53 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-07-03, 01:17 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Story Time! Wallow, Guy 1, Guy 2,..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
Okay, now play and don't be a faggot.
If you insist.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai