Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2008-09-25, 05:58 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "..... We're not going to go through..."
Haha, that's the first ingame footage I've seen. That's not-so-good framerates though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-09-26, 07:24 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Haha, that's the first ingame footage..."
Ok so, the first 10 minutes or so I had a solid HD light. After that it would flicker everytime I moved camera, or used 'flee'.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-26, 08:09 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "..... We're not going to go through..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
..... We're not going to go through that again..
Yes we are. That is an almost exact copy of Wow. Just move a few things around and you get warhammer. That is gay.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-09-26, 08:15 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Yes we are. That is an almost exact..."
Warhammer built upon the successful model of WoW. That is a good thing. Warhammer especially makes vast strides on WoW in terms of PvP.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-26, 08:51 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Yes we are. That is an almost exact..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
Yes we are. That is an almost exact copy of Wow. Just move a few things around and you get warhammer. That is gay.
Wow, ok fine.. I'll agree Warhammer took the UI feel of WoW.. and WoW took every aspect of roleplaying from Warhammer...

Warhammer took the shell
Wow took the innerds.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-27, 12:57 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Wow, ok fine.. I'll agree Warhammer..."
The original Warhammer isn't even an RPG. It's a TBS.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-27, 07:07 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The original Warhammer isn't even an..."
You still have stats, and objectives, n such. It's just annoying when people compare warhammer to WoW. When dnd started most of it.

1 Think I hate about Warhammer, is all people do in guilds is talk about fkn WoW... I've left 2 guilds because of that it's fkn rediculous.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-27, 07:35 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "From the time I had installed it to now..."
I started to read this thread to get hyped up on Warhammer.... thanks Kaz and WW for making me not want to read the whole thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-09-27, 07:48 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I started to read this thread to get..."
Lol, the first post has all the information // I should update it a little bit since the game as been released. Ill work on it sometime today.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-27, 07:53 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Lol, the first post has all the..."
Oh and Warhammer took all the best ideas from other succesful online games took make its own game. And previous games took the best ideas from previous games that took the best ideas from previous games.

As long as they also have their own ideas as well as good ideas from other games there should be no arguing about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-09-27, 09:38 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Oh and Warhammer took all the best..."
It's not so much arguing as trying to inform the idiots that Warhammer didn't steal shit from WoW. Fkn WoW fan boys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-27, 11:20 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "It's not so much arguing as trying to..."
I think you're the fan boy if you're too blind to see that clearly when they started development, they went down the list of features in every MMO on the market and decided whether it made sense for their game. The reason they used so many features existant in WoW is because it obviously got a lot of things right. The fact of the matter is that if you've played WoW there's little adjustment needed to play War.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-27, 12:24 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I think you're the fan boy if you're..."
I agree with that statement. When you have a good basic shell (ie. Wow's UserInterface) you keep it. GuildWars even has some stuff that WoW doesn't. But What I am argueing is that World of Warcraft didn't think to put Dwarf's against Orc's. Nor did they think to incorporate quests, and pvp. Nor did they incorporate anything MMO. All they did was for the first time create an eye pleasing experience, when before it was all your imagination.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-28, 04:33 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I agree with that statement. When you..."
So, WetWired.. I finally figured out why my character was so under leveled. Playing GuildWars for so long followed by a few years of World of Warcraft, you get into the habit of questing for levels, pvp is just a time eater when it comes to leveling. You usually avoid it all together. I read some posts on warhammeralliance.com and found out how wrong I was actually playing this game. I knew that WAR was going to be rvr based, I guess I just didnt understand the concept.

How to correctly play Warhammer Online:
1) From the get-go, Queue for a scenario.
2) While waiting for queue, collect, finish, and turn in any and all quests.
3) Join Scenario, rvr to your hearts content.
4) Leave queue, re-queue. Collect, complete, and turn in any and all quests.
5) Join Scenatio, rvr to your hearts content.
::rinse lather and repeat::

I've started a new Chosen Chaos on the server Bretonnia (the one my friends are all on). So far I am level 8, rank 8 and in chapter 2. I've collected over 1 gold so far, and have finished my PQ's. Honestly this is how the game was meant to be played. If you only quest you will end up like my shaman,.. underleveled.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-28, 08:53 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "So, WetWired.. I finally figured out..."
At this point, I'm waiting for rank 20 before I do any more RvR. Too far from the warcamp to be traveling on foot. The rewards before level 20 really aren't all that great, anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-28, 09:30 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "At this point, I'm waiting for rank 20..."
Currently in chapter 2, about 1/2 through an am l10r10.. Now that I understand wtf to do leveling is a breeze.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla