Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Who's the better villain?
Sephiroth 28 56.00%
Kuja 22 44.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2003-06-02, 11:38 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
i liked their personalities equally but i think that Seph would win in a fight as he seems to control alot more power than Kuja in the games. I really liked Kuja's sort of thespian/ feminine/ loner personality though
________
easy vape

Last edited by Cecil; 2011-01-19 at 05:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Cecil is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCecil is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Cecil

Posted 2003-06-02, 12:56 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Seph has more power...?
Kuja could probably knock him out of his planet. (And break his sword in the same move...)

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-02, 02:45 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
i thought that in general Sephiroth was far stronger mentally (Kuja was too afraid about being able to die)
________
og kush marijuana strain

Last edited by Cecil; 2011-01-21 at 06:25 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Cecil is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCecil is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Cecil

Posted 2003-06-02, 05:56 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Or Kuja has a greater wish to surpass mortality, which has something to do with ambition.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-02, 06:20 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Kuja and Sephiroth are both powerful, but Kuja would easily beat Sephiroth. Sephiroth is still my favorite though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-02, 07:18 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Sephiroth wasn't much of a villain in my opinion. He looked cool, and had a few cool cutscenes, but he was about a 5.5 on the 10 point villain scale, overall. Kuja was a monster, a 10 all the way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-06-02, 07:45 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Raziel you dazzle us all with your understanding. Sephiroth was a character that wasn't stupid but not a villain you really lied. So he has a big sword and is tall. Kuja has unbeatable magic and who gives a fuck if he's tall? If he can kill you than it doesn't matter if he's a dwarf. Does anyone remember when Kuja looked down at you in Burmecia at the end of disc 1? Totally bad ass. I knew that mother fucker was going to do something big and sweet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-06-16, 03:25 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Well Kuja would not only win. He would annihilate Sephiroth and personally i dont see Sephiroth like evil.
He was FF7 villain yet i see him more like a misunderstood soldier that follow the path he beleive in.
For me he was just fighting for his own reason like any soldier he was loyal to his mother/master Jenova.
Sephiroth was nothing more then a puppet of Jenova.

Now let s talk about evil Kuja and Kefka destroying ppl wasnt enought they wanted to rule and bring the world to their knee.

Quality
Kuja : Beauty, Powerful, Genius
Kefka : Powerful, Genius, Crazy

Anyway why is evil born ?
Your just born whit it ?
Blind-Hatred toward something ?
An Impulsion that takeover when your in bad emotional state ?
Or just because you didnt get a hug when you needed it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-06-16, 11:24 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Another kuja? Those lines in your sig are my favorite.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-07-27, 03:46 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
In order to understand the better villian, you also should take into account who defeated each villian. Sephiroth was defeated by Cloud. Kuja was never defeated, instead he became "good," joining a 3-4 ft. tall "monkey boy"(also pink while in trance). I must also say that FF IX was created after numerous complaints about FFVIII having too much modern technology, and not enough air ships. If anyone has ever played the original FF on the NES, you will notice a great deal of similarity between both story lines of FF and FF IX.

Also, both Sephiroth and Kuja were able to destroy planets (Super Nova). Sephiroth did not just have a "big sword," although it does add to his appearance.

For further reference, here's the character illustration for Sephiroth done by Nomura Tetsuya (the FF Legend): http://www.foggiaweb.it/Stefano/fina...0Sephiroth.jpg

PS: Did anyone see any cameo appearances of anyone from FF IX in Kingdom Hearts? (Although Sephiroth was too easy, and had a gay voice, he was much stronger than that annoying final boss...)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joe3175 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJoe3175 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Joe3175

Posted 2003-07-27, 03:52 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
PPS: Sephiroth had an awesome boss theme: One Winged Angel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joe3175 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJoe3175 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Joe3175

Posted 2003-08-01, 06:19 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Sephiroth said:
Also, both Sephiroth and Kuja were able to destroy planets (Super Nova).
Kuja permanently eradicated Terra using Ultima. Sephiroth's Super Nova summon "destroyed" the same damned planets every time he summoned it. None of them were permanently wiped out, therefore Super Nova's planet destroying capabilities were nothing more than cinematic flair. Kuja wins in that argument, no contest.

Kuja wins period. The only reason Sephiroth was even alive in FF7 is because when Cloud tossed him off the edge of that mako reactor bridge, he just so happened to end up encased in Materia. Had circumstances not been just right, Sephiroth would have been found himself dead at the hands of an "inferior" being.

Kuja actively outwitted and outpowered Zidane and his party throughout the entire game. Not once did the heros manage to best Kuja until the final encounter. He's the better villain, hands down.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-08-01, 06:36 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Holy hell didn't this thread die like a year ago?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-01, 01:29 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Nope.

If you hadn't noticed, the relationship between cloud and sephiroth is alot like Zidane and Kuja. Cloud and zidane are supposed to be tragec heros who overcome their problems and become strong enough to beat the enemy(Kuja and Sephiroth) Yet only Cloud managed to kill his archenemy. Also it was a one-on-one fight between cloud and sephiroth in the end. Do you think Zidane could have beat Kuja in that kind of fight? Kuja reigns supreme and all you mother fucker's who voted for sephiroth asre a bunch of cocksucking dickholes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-08-01, 01:48 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
I've never played a FF game for more than an hour
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-08-01, 02:19 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
What the fuck has that got do with anything?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-08-02, 03:30 PM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Sorry to doublepost, I just wanted to put this down.

-Name: Sephiroth

-Weapon: Long Sword (Masamune)

-Most Powerful Move: Super Nova

-What He Has Destroyed: Sephiroth has successfully summoned Meteor and turned Midgar into dust by destroying it. Sephiroth has also killed President Shinra, once leader of the Shinra, and also Aerith. However in spite of his killings, Sephiroth also managed to burn the town of Nibleheim to the ground klilling not only Tifas Father, but also several other townspeople. His Intentions Are Simple, To Become One With The Planet.

-Allys: Jenova, His followes, also known to many as the Reunnion.

-Name: Kuja

-Weapon: None, He Has Strong Magical Powers

-Most Powerful Move: Flare Star

-What He Has Destroyed: Kuja might look sweet on the outside, but is truly a evil one on the in. Kuja has successfully destroyed the planet Terra, Zidanes home planet. Destroyed Alexandria using Bahamut, Killed Queen Brahun,Destroyed Madain Sari, And The Kingdom Of Burmecia using the Queen. Yet, Kuja still sees no meaning in life, and thus denies all life.

-Allys: Bahamut, The Invincible (For A Short Time)

Last edited by Kuja`s #1; 2003-08-02 at 03:44 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-10-03, 12:47 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
first off to correct everyone that voted for kuja, you must first set rules ff7 or 9 battle style if your using 7 kuja cannot use trance but if you want trance kuja then you use ff9 style and that would mean spehiroth would also have a trance frm and on compair normal kuja to sephiroth seph would kick kujas ass, so if they both went trance then sephiroth would have a huge advantage and sephiroth has materia which would give him the ability to easily kill kuja just use reflect and there goes all of kujas spell then seph could just annilate kuja with physical attacks. plus kuja was beat by a bunch of two bit losers. and finally "killed"(i doubt that) by the lifa tree.well cloud "killed"(doubt that too) seph and everyone knows cloud is a much better hero the zidea or any of the ff9 characters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
true_sephiroth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentrue_sephiroth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

true_sephiroth

Posted 2003-10-03, 12:58 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Sephiroth has no materia.
Sephiroth shouldnt be allowed trance he cannot achieve it.
It s like saying i could use FF7 limits and the trance.
I dont die by the tree i die of age so if i wouldnt have died of age i would of came back whit zidane.

I would simply own sephiroth ass.
My spell are extreme !
My Ultima is a insta-knockout/kill !
Sephiroth may be strong but he nothing more then a cockroach ready to be squashed by my spells.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-10-03, 01:28 AM in reply to I)ark_Phoenix's post "Sephiroth vs Kuja(Trance)"
Oh and by the way enjoy your stay at Zelaron !
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja