Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

View Poll Results: Who Would You Vote For?
George W. Bush 12 42.86%
John Kerry 16 57.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2004-05-29, 09:46 AM in reply to Syn's post starting "And you're fine with endangering the..."
Anyway, I'm going to try to get back on topic, and get away from the North Korea topic. I'm going to repost something I wrote about Bush a few months ago, stating a few reasons why I don't like him.

Mjordan2nd said:
I don't dislike bush for the way he handled 9/11. I don't see much other way he could have responded to a vicious and unprecedented attack like that. By attacking terrorists, he handled that well. I now realize that America had to respond, regardless of the innocent people that died. Taking out Al-qaeda was important. I dislike bush because, as RS stated, he actually might be dumber than a brick. If you hold a high American office, such as governor, you should know who the PM of Canada is. Don't try to cover it up. He had no idea what he was talking about, and if he didn't know people were talking about then he should've asked. That wasn't a smart response. It was a stupid response.

One slip-up I can see, and someone being watched as close as the president, I can see many slip-ups, but look at the long list of "Bushisms." Look back in the chat forum, around a month or two ago. I had posted many "Bushisms," and the sad thing is that was a mere fraction of his slip-ups. The worst thing is, that I don't even think the man realized he had slipped up on some of them, until he was told later.

I was in India for the summer, and the media there had a much different story of what was happening in Iraq than what you hear here. Most of the Iraqi people would rather have Saddam than an American government. You would think we're helping the Iraqi people, hell I can see why one would look at it that way, but unless someone asks you for help you shouldn't try to force help down there throats. And where are the supposed weapons of mass destruction that this whole war was over? I'll tell you where they are. Right here: http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ Now, considering this war was over nothing, imagine how it would feel if you lost a brother, sister, mother, father, or close friend as a casualty of war, simply because Dubya needed to finish what daddy started.

Some of you claim that he exemplifies the values that the founding fathers of America created this country on, but on the contrary, he is diminishing the very values that this country was created on. The founding fathers of this country separated church and state for a reason, yet you are saying that him having strong Christian values somehow strengthens the basis of our nation. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Not only has he lead us into a frivolous war in Iraq, but perhaps you have not heard of the Patriot Act, where he is taking away your right to protection against unreasonable search and seizure. Perhaps you have not heard of how he has let Ashcroft eat away at our right to fair trial. The worst thing is that he is Ashcroft's puppet. Ashcroft is a scary man. And what about withdrawing from the anti-ballistic missile treaty. Now, I wonder, what would he want to do that for.

"There ought to be limits to freedom." That is a quote straight from your beloved president. Now, at first look, I guess the quote doesn't look all that bad, but you have no idea what he is referring to with that quote. Perhaps you think there ought to be limits to what arms we can bear or something. Well, it's not about that. Bush said this about a website that was attacking him; about what he has done in the past with drugs and stuff. Again, I must ask, why would he want to do this? Simply so there isn't bad things said about him. This doesn't sound like democracy to me. This is altering the Bill of Rights. I'm sure that our founding fathers just wanted to change the first amendment and abolish our freedom of speech. Great way to run a democracy! If we keep this up we might end up in a (*pause*) dictatorship.

And as for him being dumb, well, lets see, he has managed to screw the English language in just about every way possible. When any other president did that he was brutally criticized about it, but with Bush, it is a "bushism."
Some of this might not make sense, because it was in reply to someone elses post.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2004-05-31 at 09:30 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-05-29, 03:17 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Anyway, I'm going to try to get back on..."
Ok, you people must think to attack a nuclear country you have to use nukes ? Why kind of retards are you people. It's called assassins. Plus get people on the inside to take them out from there. They kill all the evil people and the country is saved. Get rid of the nukes and there's nothing to worry about. Try to think past saving your ass just cause nukes are a possiblity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-05-29, 03:21 PM in reply to badboy's post starting "Ok, you people must think to attack a..."
We were talking about going to war with North Korea. That involves much more than assassins. And you're calling us retards?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-05-29, 09:51 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "We were talking about going to war with..."
first of all: assassins = dirty and underhanded...dishonorable

second of all: we go to war with them = possible WW III?

finally: can we just make negotiations with N. Korea?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-05-30, 09:43 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "first of all: assassins = dirty and..."
No we cannot negotiate with NK, their leader is a terrible person and cannot be allowed to hold power. It makes me sick that there are so many wusses in the world.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-05-30, 10:30 AM in reply to zagggon's post starting "No we cannot negotiate with NK, their..."
zagggon said:
No we cannot negotiate with NK, their leader is a terrible person and cannot be allowed to hold power. It makes me sick that there are so many wusses in the world.
And who the fuck are you to pass that judgement. He might be a bad person, but it isn't our call. Exactly what crimes is he being charged with? I would like sources.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-05-30, 02:23 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Very well said, mjordan2nd. If you..."
Chruser said:
Very well said, mjordan2nd. If you support a republican because YOU'RE a republican, or a democrat for president as you're a democrat yourself, then you deserve to starve to death, chained to a tree root far below surface level.

Really, I think the best idea to run a nation would be via full democracy. Give everyone a chance to vote in ALL matters, and establish a large council to count the votes in public. Yes, let the people do the decisions of the "president". There wouldn't *be* anyone in power, or tops, some powerless person involved in political matters who can only talk about the nation's greatness without an ability to change anything. Look into how the monarchy system works in the Scandinavian nation for more information about this. If anyone would be corrupt in the vote-counting council, it would very likely be reported. Human fallacy. It's *much* safer than giving a closed presidential administration practically full power to run a multi-million population nation.

Since computers are common and available to just about anyone, all that would be needed would be to distribute an iris scanner to all users in order to allow unique identification of everyone, to let them vote. This system would be very hard to cheat if established well, but unfortunately, conservatists (such as, a majority of the US population whether you like it or not) would never support this idea.
Well fucking put. Props.

Last edited by slaynish; 2004-05-30 at 02:28 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-05-30, 02:52 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "And who the fuck are you to pass that..."
mjordan2nd said:
And who the fuck are you to pass that judgement. He might be a bad person, but it isn't our call. Exactly what crimes is he being charged with? I would like sources.
If you live in the current world and are not aware of the infinite crimes Leader Kim and his regime have comited then you are an oblivious moron.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-05-30, 03:01 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "If you live in the current world and..."
zagggon said:
If you live in the current world and are not aware of the infinite crimes Leader Kim and his regime have comited then you are an oblivious moron.
So has every other fucking political leader slick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-05-30, 03:08 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "So has every other fucking political..."
mjordan2nd said:
So has every other fucking political leader slick.
Wrong, very wrong. Anyways I can see your no smarter on this topic than my 6 year old brother so ill stop.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2004-05-30, 04:08 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Very well said, mjordan2nd. If you..."
Chruser said:
Very well said, mjordan2nd. If you support a republican because YOU'RE a republican, or a democrat for president as you're a democrat yourself, then you deserve to starve to death, chained to a tree root far below surface level.

Really, I think the best idea to run a nation would be via full democracy. Give everyone a chance to vote in ALL matters, and establish a large council to count the votes in public. Yes, let the people do the decisions of the "president". There wouldn't *be* anyone in power, or tops, some powerless person involved in political matters who can only talk about the nation's greatness without an ability to change anything. Look into how the monarchy system works in the Scandinavian nation for more information about this. If anyone would be corrupt in the vote-counting council, it would very likely be reported. Human fallacy. It's *much* safer than giving a closed presidential administration practically full power to run a multi-million population nation.

Since computers are common and available to just about anyone, all that would be needed would be to distribute an iris scanner to all users in order to allow unique identification of everyone, to let them vote. This system would be very hard to cheat if established well, but unfortunately, conservatists (such as, a majority of the US population whether you like it or not) would never support this idea.
That's called violation of privacy and it wouldn't be long before that idea spread to everything and certain rights of everyone are lost. Powerful and to active government doesn't work for the better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-05-30, 04:09 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Wrong, very wrong. Anyways I can see..."
Ok, Zagggon, I've quite about had it with you flapping your fatuous jaw around, acting like you know something. I'm tired of your ignorant claims of me being wrong, and that being the only thing you say. HOW THE FUCK AM I WRONG? I have asked you numerous times for some sort of proof, any substantial evidence to back your statements, yet you have not provided a single one, and you still have the audacity to continue dribbling this inane bullshit directly from your ass. You have the nerve to tell me that my opinions are wrong? Who the fuck do you think you are? I must hand it to you, you have become a tiny bit smarter than the putz who posted "I can eat you if I want to," but that isn't saying much. You are still a halfwitted imbecile. Do you think because you don't post utter asinine crap anymore that you have all of a sudden become some sort of omniscient being? Ofcourse not. You always have been, and still are, nothing more than a tick on Zelaron's shoulder, contaminating this forum with your putrid ooze pulled strait out of your ass, temporarily lowering my IQ points every time I am unlucky enough to come across something written by you.

While our opinions might not concur, I can respect yours, but don't you dare sit there and try to belittle mine. Until you are god, don't you fucking try that bullshit. You have your eyes glued the fuck shut. I can understand you having your own opinions and whatnot, but keep your mind open, because everyone is inevitably bound to be wrong at some point or the other, and with your mental capacity, I forsee that it will happen quite a bit more with you than others. I am not at all opposed to having a sensible debate, but what you're doing is absolutely puerile. Thus far, all I've seen from you is you bitching "I'm right; you're wrong" in an even less articulate manner. Until you are capable of having a semi-mature debate, shut the fuck up!

And are you honestly dense enough to think that politicians are benign people? Please explain to me how the hell they got into power in the first place, ignoramus.

Please tell me what gives America the power to make judgement calls on other countries, and if you say our powerful military, I swear to god I will dig your eyes out with a random blunt object. Our military leads to power, but not so we can abuse it. And since America is all-righteous, and can do no wrong, please explain to me why the very people we are liberating hate our guts. Why is it that our presence there is allying two Islamic sects, both who have abhorred eachother for centuries, against a common cause; us? If you are going to say that only a small faction of the Iraqi people dislike us, you've obviously heard that in our own media. I dare you to go to another country and find the same information. The Iraqi people's unhappyness is growing, and we are the reason for their discontent. If the whole world loves us to death, why is it that some olympic-headed athletes are withdrawing from the olympics because they fear for their own safety?

Zagggon, take a minute to think before you speak. It really does help to have some thought put behind a statement. I know that's asking a lot from you, but for the sake of the members of this forum, please try. And I would still like to see those sources.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2004-05-30 at 09:22 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-05-30, 04:13 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "No we cannot negotiate with NK, their..."
zagggon said:
Let me tell you something, it is better to try to negotiate before going to war to "liberate" people.

I don't mind going in and fighting first and then negotiate, but that is just brute strength without trying at least other alternatives. Good thing you showed us you'd prefer us to be warmongers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-05-30, 04:59 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Wrong, very wrong. Anyways I can see..."
zagggon said:
Wrong, very wrong. Anyways I can see your no smarter on this topic than my 6 year old brother so ill stop.
Ok, so you think that MJordan is wrong in saying that all other political leaders have commited some atrocious crime?
Would you care to prove yourself and name one completely law abiding political leader?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-05-30, 05:17 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Ok, so you think that MJordan is wrong..."
Slim said:
Ok, so you think that MJordan is wrong in saying that all other political leaders have commited some atrocious crime?
Would you care to prove yourself and name one completely law abiding political leader?
Go fuck yourself, as for you Kagom, stfu queer Your way out of line. Mj, I am at the moment watching the temple of doom but once it is over I will provide you with Kim's crimes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2004-05-30, 05:19 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Ok, so you think that MJordan is wrong..."
There's a difference in an "atrocious crime" and a speeding ticket.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-05-30, 05:20 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "There's a difference in an "atrocious..."
I never said there wasn't a difference.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-05-30, 05:21 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "There's a difference in an "atrocious..."
!King_Amazon! said:
There's a difference in an "atrocious crime" and a speeding ticket.
Since the mods as usual are nowhere to be found doing their job to prevent flaming of MJ's type, Fuck You ka.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2004-05-30, 05:23 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Since the mods as usual are nowhere to..."
What the hell are you talking about? I wasn't even talking to you, I was talking to the moron that posted above you that went from saying that all political leaders have commited atrocious crimes to asking for you to find a single leader who is completely law abiding.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-05-30, 05:23 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "There's a difference in an "atrocious..."
Why don't you take it to the Flame Forum MJ.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

badboy