Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2006-12-09, 10:18 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "If i had enuf money, I'd buy a ps3. ..."
Slyvr said:
XBox always has stupid rip offs of pc games (Counter Strike) and Halo

Are you retarded? Halo came out for X box first, then a few years (??) later it came out for PC.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-12-11, 08:37 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Of course everyone from France sucks...."
Lenny said:
Of course everyone from France sucks. They're French. It goes without saying.
Incorrect. Ubisoft is based in France, and they make Rayman, Prince of Persia and Beyond Good & Evil, three phenomenal franchises.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2006-12-11, 09:45 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Incorrect. Ubisoft is based in France,..."
Fine, I'll rephrase that.

"Of course 99.9% of people from France suck. They're French. It goes without saying."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-11, 04:51 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Are you retarded? Halo came out for X..."
MightyJoe said:
Are you retarded? Halo came out for X box first, then a few years (??) later it came out for PC.

I said all xbox has is ripp offs of pc games (COUNTER STRIKE!!!!!) .................................................. .................................................. .....................................and Halo!!

Ok...reword...All Xbox has is Halo and stupid rip offs of pc games....are we good now?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2006-12-11, 05:07 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "I said all xbox has is ripp offs of pc..."
And the best online play of any of the 3 consoles. Don't forget that part.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-12-12, 07:08 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "And the best online play of any of the..."
Why would I want to play pc ripp offs online on an xbox when I can do it on a pc? Xbox is a waste of money...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2006-12-12, 01:36 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Why would I want to play pc ripp offs..."
To play with multiple friends online using PCs, each friend has to have a really nice PC. I suppose you could have a lan-party type thing where you all get your computers together and play, but a single Xbox can allow 4 people to play online in the same room.

If anything, the Xbox is at least half decent. Nintendo's console almost always has a large majority of games aimed at younger people. The Playstation has been rocking out the sports and racing type games a lot(it's actually quite rediculous now.) Just because the Xbox has games that you can also play on PC (imagine that, microsoft making games for their console that are playable on their computers) doesn't mean that it sucks. Some games that the Xbox has would take a hell of a computer to run, which would cost a lot more. Some people prefer to play console games rather than computer games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-12-12, 01:41 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "To play with multiple friends online..."
Quote:
Some games that the Xbox has would take a hell of a computer to run, which would cost a lot more.
GoW is one good example.

The beauty of consoles is that the hardware is so powerful, and it never needs upgrading, as you would do with a PC.

The games are designed to run specifically on the console they are for, and so can be specially programmed for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-12, 01:45 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "GoW is one good example. The beauty..."
Lenny said:
The beauty of consoles is that the hardware is so powerful, and it never needs upgrading, as you would do with a PC.
Well, actually, that's only really half true. You don't have to upgrade your console to play games that are released for that console, but once a new console comes out you do have to upgrade to play those(Example: You can't play Xbox360 games on your Xbox, thus you have to upgrade.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-12-12, 01:47 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well, actually, that's only really half..."
I see what you're saying... but it's going to be at least 10 years until I need to fork out £5000 for a PS4.

Probably 6 or so years until the Xbox World-President-Infinity comes out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-14, 06:42 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I see what you're saying... but it's..."
It's the same with computers. And computers can run all games for consoles. Computers freikin make the consoles. And you don't have to update ur computer for several years, but most people do because they want the best quality graphix, etc. Computer ARE better than consoles.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slyvr

Posted 2006-12-14, 08:28 AM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "It's the same with computers. And..."
Slyvr said:
It's the same with computers. And computers can run all games for consoles. Computers freikin make the consoles. And you don't have to update ur computer for several years, but most people do because they want the best quality graphix, etc. Computer ARE better than consoles.
Consoles are low maintainance compared to computers.

And show me how exactly I can play Wii games on my computer and I'll agree with you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-12-14, 10:07 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Consoles are low maintainance compared..."
Heh heh heh...

A British company has been designing controllers like the Wiimote, but slightly different technology (does exactly the same thing but differently) that will plug into a PC, an eventually a console, via USB.

If they can get devs to program their games to support the controllers, we could soon see Wii-style swing-em-up games on the PC.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-14, 04:51 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Heh heh heh... A British company..."
Consoles are for dipsticks that don't know how to use a compootur machine
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slyvr

Posted 2006-12-14, 07:24 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Consoles are for dipsticks that don't..."
Is that why the PC gaming industry is swirling down the toilet and the console market is quickly overtaking the movie industry as the dominant form of entertainment media? Because it's an inferior medium? Okey doke.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2006-12-15, 09:54 AM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Consoles are for dipsticks that don't..."
Absolute bollocks.

Every single member on this forum is extremely competent with using a Computer, which each probably being the one out of their group of friends who'll get asked about computer problems. And I can guarentee that nearly every single one of us is a Console Gamer as well.

Console Gaming is so different to PC Gaming. The way the game are played, the fact that keyboards and mice are superfluous, the vast majority of the games.

Why limit yourself to PC Gaming which, as Raziel said, is going down the pan, when you can explore the world of gaming available on consoles?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-15, 11:31 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Absolute bollocks. Every single..."
Comparing console gaming to PC gaming is like trying to compare apples to elephants.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-12-15, 11:42 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Comparing console gaming to PC gaming..."
Apples never forget.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-12-15, 06:31 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Apples never forget."
The wii is fun, but let me say that it takes no effort to swing the damn thing. I was playing zelda the other day and legit was just sitting there moving my wrist, no other movments were needed. i might have to sue nitendo for soreness in the hand area. It was fun though.

For me, the 360 will always be my favorite. Ive played all three systems, and found that i liked the 360 graphics better. GOW and other games (Quake 4) have been pretty good. Zelda is awesome for wii, but i really dont see anything else giving the system a push. PS3 is alright i guess, but i never liked the original or 2, so i wasnt into it. All 3 are great, but like i said, 360 will be for me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-12-15, 06:50 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "The wii is fun, but let me say that it..."
I never said I didn't play consoles. I just don't like them as much as computers. And I restrict myself to computers because I don't want to waste my money on both. But I guess it all comes down to your personal opinion. I prefer mouse and keyboard, so I prefer pc.
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slyvr