Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2004-10-01, 09:13 PM in reply to Mydogisyourdog's post starting "shit. i just choked laughing. ..."
Mydogisyourdog said:
shit. i just choked laughing.

anyways, SOCCER (this is an American Board) is a sport, in my opinion. It consists of heavy physical activity, choices, team work and making plays. Making things happen. Cross -country, you just run. what the hell is the coach even for? the cross country coach at our school even says he is useless.

"Yeah, good job mikey, good running."
or
"Run faster" duh
One thing I've learned from experience is that coaches really are more valuble than you would originally believe. In any sport, just like anything else, you must have knowledge of the sport that you are playing to make yourself good. You must have knowledge on how to play. You must have knowledge on how to train. The coach imparts this knowledge to you. Furthermore, the coach has the job of setting up the training, to encourage you through the training, and he takes care of all the other technical stuff. Last but not least, the coach usually has a way of motivating you to work. I don't know how your coach is, but that's how a good coach should be in my opinion. This applies for any sport I believe, including cross country. Knowledge of how and what to do is more important than raw physical talent.

Let me give you an example. I was up at a park a while back, playing with the normal people there. I usually end up being the youngest kid. Most of the people that are there are 16-25 black kids, I'd say. Some of these kids are exceptional ball players. I mean it's unbelievable what they can do. So the other day, this old (53 years old we found out after we asked his age), 5' 5" white guy with a receding hairline comes in and asks to play with us. We're all thinking, god, this guy can't be serious. Let me tell you something. This guy schooled us. It was embarassing, but amazing at the same time. Not only was he keeping up, he was scoring, passing, and making things happen. He was leading his team to victory. His game wasn't as fun to watch as the kids over there, but he could certainly hang with us. This guy wasn't at all fast, tall, or athletic, but he knew how to play basketball.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-10-02, 04:06 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "One thing I've learned from experience..."
I'm startin to envy you lot, with you coaches. We just have 2 PE teachers, one who is about 6" 3' or so, and kinda like flattens us in basketball, and a weedy little just over 5 footer, who takes us out to the school playing field, in rain that could drown a rat, and just stands there in his nice warm waterproofs, whilst we complete laps in just a short and t-shirt. By god it don't half get cold.

And the rain, this is the rain that falls on you, and gives you a thick layer of rain, meaning you don't get any wetter, you've got more chance of drying off in the rain than getting even wetter, and it keeps you freezing for however longuntil you are sent back inside.

And since Im english, I will use FOOTBALL to talk bout SOCCER, and (lower case) football to talk about (if I ever actually do) your American style rugby.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny