Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge > World Record Thread

Posted 2005-12-16, 06:19 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Ewww that one looks all blury. I think..."
I dont even want to bother w/ the smaller versions of that animated one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-12-17, 07:08 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I dont even want to bother w/ the..."
Mewwy Chwistmas!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-17, 11:46 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Mewwy Chwistmas!"
Ineffable Lenny: Yes. I do.
SmarterChild: Ya do?
Ineffable Lenny: I do.
SmarterChild: Oh yeah? Do ya?
SmarterChild: Do ya?
SmarterChild: Do you?
SmarterChild: Oh yeah? Do ya?
SmarterChild: You do?
SmarterChild: Ya do?
SmarterChild: You do, huh?
SmarterChild: You do?
SmarterChild: Do ya really?
SmarterChild: Ya do? Really?
SmarterChild: Whatever you say, Lenny. Anyway, moving right along..

Stupid Smarterchild...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-18, 08:48 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ineffable Lenny: Yes. I do...."
I must say Lenny ...you are unique :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-18, 08:51 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I must say Lenny ...you are unique :P"

Oh for heaven's sake! Do we have to have the Significant Post rule in here?! It's a Spam thread!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-18, 08:52 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting ":D Oh for heaven's sake! Do we have..."
David Firth is so weird...

www.fat-pie.com and watch the Spoilsbury Toast boy things. And the things to do with Devvo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-18, 08:54 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "David Firth is so weird... ..."
Rimsky-Korsakov is so amazing!

I'm listening to the second movement of Sheherazade at the moment. I thought the arrangement we played in band was good...but this is just amazing!

Mvmnt 1: The Sea and Sinbad's Ship
Mvmnt 2: The Tale of the Kalendar Prince
Mvmnt 3: The Young Prince and the Young Princess
Mvmnt 4: The Festival at Baghdad

I think that the whole piece is based upon the story "Arabian Nights", and has something to do with a Princess in the story called Sheherazade or something.

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-12-18 at 09:30 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-18, 08:56 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "David Firth is so weird... ..."
I am a fat pie. Eat me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-18, 08:59 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I am a fat pie. Eat me."
What type of pie though?

----------

Listening to Sheherazade you can really imagine everything happening. I'm now listening to the third movement, and you can really imagine the Pinrce and Princess dancing to the music, maybe in a rose garden with the Princess running away and hiding, and making the Prince come to her.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-18, 09:01 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "What type of pie though? ----------..."
Lenny said:
What type of pie though?
The kind with liver, heart, spleen, colon (other vital organs) plenty of calcium and other things. I'm a human pie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-18, 09:08 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "The kind with liver, heart, spleen,..."
Oh...OK then.

*munch* Mmmmm...bacon.

----------

Ooooh! Drum rolls!

I wonder what the 4th Movement has in it...I so want that Trumpet and Bass instrument call and reply to come back.

EVEN BETTER! FUll brass section!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-18, 09:12 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Oh...OK then. *munch* Mmmmm...bacon...."
OOOOH! Spinemelting harmonies. Dischordant harmonies. This is making me so happy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-18, 09:13 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "OOOOH! Spinemelting harmonies. :)..."
you masturbating to janet jackson's boob slip?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-18, 09:14 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "you masturbating to janet jackson's..."
NO! The 4th movement silly!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-18, 09:15 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "NO! The 4th movement silly!"
BUGGER! You'll twist my words.

I am NOT masturbating. And I am NOT watching Janet Jackson's boob slip. I never will!

I am listening to the 4th Movement of Sheherazade and I am totally immersed in it. It is so fucking amazing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-18, 09:17 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "BUGGER! You'll twist my words. I am..."
It's so fucking amazing like ...a boobie?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-18, 09:26 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "It's so fucking amazing like ...a..."
Compared to this piece of music, a breast is as simple and uninviting as a C# played repeatedly on a horrifyingly flat piano. And yet, Sheherazade isn't even the best piece of classical music out there. There are other pieces with more passion, with greater 'shoick tactics' out there. There are pieces that would make a grown man cry. There are pieces that would raise the bloodlust in a 20 pound, 40 year old virgin, and get him screaming and shouting like giant bikers. There are pieces of music out there that will leave you thinking for weeks after hearing them. And one wonders how? How could someone like Beethoven have composed with no hearing? How could he have composed his great symphonies without being able to physically hear the harmonies, and the dischordancy, and the interweaving melodies? How could people like Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Bach, Korsakov compose pieces like they did? In their time they would have had no computers, no equipment that would allow them to play back different parts and bits of tune to see if it all fitted, they did it all in their heads. That is what maks them so great.

So, no, it is not fucking amazing like a breast. it is fucking amazing like a piece of music that can change the world.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-18, 09:29 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Compared to this piece of music, a..."
If you appreciate music, if you are a musician, then I urge you to listen to the 4th Movement of Sheherazade. It will leave you sat there with your mouth hanging open. Get it playing on a really good speaker system at a really good quality, and you absolutely love it. Even if you aren't a musician, and wouldn't listen to classical music for toffee, just listen to it. It's only 13 minutes. Listen to it as you post. It's not as if you are doing anything else.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-18, 08:43 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Compared to this piece of music, a..."
Lenny said:
Compared to this piece of music, a breast is as simple and uninviting as a C# played repeatedly on a horrifyingly flat piano. And yet, Sheherazade isn't even the best piece of classical music out there. There are other pieces with more passion, with greater 'shoick tactics' out there. There are pieces that would make a grown man cry. There are pieces that would raise the bloodlust in a 20 pound, 40 year old virgin, and get him screaming and shouting like giant bikers. There are pieces of music out there that will leave you thinking for weeks after hearing them. And one wonders how? How could someone like Beethoven have composed with no hearing? How could he have composed his great symphonies without being able to physically hear the harmonies, and the dischordancy, and the interweaving melodies? How could people like Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Bach, Korsakov compose pieces like they did? In their time they would have had no computers, no equipment that would allow them to play back different parts and bits of tune to see if it all fitted, they did it all in their heads. That is what maks them so great.

So, no, it is not fucking amazing like a breast. it is fucking amazing like a piece of music that can change the world.
Uhm. Sheherazade huh. Hmmm

Make me a list of these life changing compositions so I can d/l and listen to some.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-12-19, 09:51 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Uhm. Sheherazade huh. Hmmm Make..."
Scheherazade probably won't be life-changing, just an amazingly good listen.

If you want life-changing then download the greatest works of all the greatest composers. And also the pieces that are spoken really highly of. Pieces that you hear and recognise at once.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny