Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2011-01-17, 10:28 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Lesson #1: there is no god. Seriously...."
That's not what flaming fingernails say.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2011-01-18, 12:56 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "That's not what flaming fingernails say."
Taking away the ability to choose and make our own decisions is worse than anything god ever did to mankind. Or Satan, depending on who you believe is more evil.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2011-01-18, 12:02 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Lesson #1: there is no god. Seriously...."
Grav said: [Goto]
Lesson #1: there is no god. Seriously. None. Not a one.
Prove to me this lesson, and a pupil of yours I will become.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2011-01-18, 01:53 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Prove to me this lesson, and a pupil of..."
The burden of proof is on you. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2011-01-18, 01:54 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "The burden of proof is on you...."
The burden of proof is on you. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Nice spin.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2011-01-18, 07:23 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "The burden of proof is on you...."
If presented with evidence, you would claim the picture was edited, it was a trick, or (knowing you) that you've simply gone insane.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2011-01-18, 08:21 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "If presented with evidence, you would..."
A truly open-minded individual will yield to empirical evidence if presented.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2011-01-18, 09:35 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "If presented with evidence, you would..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
If presented with evidence, you would claim the picture was edited, it was a trick, or (knowing you) that you've simply gone insane.

A baseless claim. If there actually was evidence, it would be well known.

Don't waste your time on god-fearing. At least pick something fun to worship, like invisible pink unicorns.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2011-01-19, 07:14 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "A baseless claim. If there actually was..."
At least pick something fun to worship, like invisible pink unicorns.

Damn. The Muslims beat you to it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2011-01-19, 11:05 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "http://image62.webshots.com/62/2/39/39/4..."
Lol.

I'm with Bill Maher in the "I don't know what to believe" category, personally.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-01-19, 11:24 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Lol. I'm with Bill Maher in the "I..."
Bill Maher is an apatheist. His statement would be "I don't care."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-19, 11:42 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Bill Maher is an apatheist. His..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Bill Maher is an apatheist. His statement would be "I don't care."
Can you prove this? No.

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_s...ill-maher.html

Here's a direct pull from Religulous script where he ask's his mother what her beliefs are

Ms. Maher: "I don't know
the answer to that."

To which, Bill Responds:
"That's my answer."

So his answer is, I don't know. Sorry to show you wrong, but I just watched this movie for like the 5th time a couple nights ago and recalled this portion. He may actually be apatheist, but I've never heard that before.

Quote:

Last edited by D3V; 2011-01-19 at 11:50 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-01-19, 01:01 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Can you prove this? No. ..."
http://richarddawkins.net/videos/932...aher-apatheist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Maher#Religion

"He declared himself an apatheist instead of an agnostic on Scarborough Country on April 24, 2007."

Before his movie came out.

"I don't know" and "I don't care" are not mutually exclusive ideas. Just because he said "I don't know" doesn't mean that "I don't care" doesn't apply equally or more. I've seen the movie multiple times myself, and I watch his show on HBO. "I don't know what to believe" sounds more like something an agnostic would say. If anything, Bill Maher would say "I don't know and I don't care."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-19, 01:57 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://richarddawkins.net/videos/932-bil..."
Okay, I could agree to that.

But apatheists are ridiculous, they're even more lazy than calling themselves agnostic.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-01-19, 02:13 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Okay, I could agree to that. But..."
I don't see how calling yourself agnostic makes you lazy in the first place, but whatever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-19, 02:17 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't see how calling yourself..."
Let's pretend a teacher hands you page worth of math problems and you have no idea how to figure it out. An agnostic would just be like, I don't know how to do it, and would put his head down. A religious extremist would rant and rave about how they have the answer, but only the teacher knows if they are right, and an apatheist, well they would just be like who cares about the test, why does anyone care about good grades?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-01-19, 03:08 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Let's pretend a teacher hands you page..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Let's pretend a teacher hands you page worth of math problems and you have no idea how to figure it out. An agnostic would just be like, I don't know how to do it, and would put his head down. A religious extremist would rant and rave about how they have the answer, but only the teacher knows if they are right, and an apatheist, well they would just be like who cares about the test, why does anyone care about good grades?
In that scenario you are assuming that there is some absolute answer that can be found, and that we have the means to find it, but the agnostic person for some reason doesn't think the answer can be found, and the apatheist doesn't care enough to look for an answer. Which is pretty much apples to oranges in comparison to religion.

I don't see how, when asked an unanswerable question, saying "I don't know" is lazy. Maybe if you somehow equate "lazy" and "rational" in your head.

In other words, I'm not agnostic because I'm lazy, I'm agnostic because I'm rational.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2011-01-19 at 03:13 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-20, 09:10 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "In that scenario you are assuming that..."
Who the fuck cares about you, i'm talking about bill maher

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-01-20, 10:27 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Who the fuck cares about you, i'm..."
I was using myself as an example to demonstrate that agnosticism does not imply laziness. You didn't even mention Bill Maher in the example I was responding to, moron.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-20, 11:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I was using myself as an example to..."
wrong.

Quote:

Last edited by D3V; 2011-01-20 at 12:01 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V