Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Are you planning on purchasing Starcraft: 2
Of course, game looks awesome! 17 73.91%
No, don't plan on going back... 2 8.70%
Undecided, i'll wait for now. 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2007-11-28, 02:05 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Damn, that sucks. I was hoping it would..."
I doubt I'll even pick up WotLK, IMO blizzard had an epic failure with TBC. You thought the game was a rep grind before?

The only reason I play WoW anymore is to play my lowbies and to PVP, and I hardly ever do either of those. I've got better things to do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-29, 07:01 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I doubt I'll even pick up WotLK, IMO..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I doubt I'll even pick up WotLK, IMO blizzard had an epic failure with TBC. You thought the game was a rep grind before?

The only reason I play WoW anymore is to play my lowbies and to PVP, and I hardly ever do either of those. I've got better things to do.
Oh no I don't plan on getting it either, TBC pissed me off as well I was hoping the game would becoming more integrated with different styles of play, not just raid raid raid raid raid/rep grind. The game is going to fail IMO, they definately took the wrong direction before, but then AGAIN adding alot more end-game material does make the game more interesting if you are really that into it, it's a vicious cycle

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-11-29, 09:20 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "Will B.Net be P2P?"
kaos said:
Will B.Net be P2P?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2007-11-29, 09:21 AM in reply to kaos's post starting ".........."
kaos said:
P2P? It's going to be like all of the other games, you connect online through their server and play against other people, I would imagine?

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-11-29, 09:23 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "P2P? It's going to be like all of the..."
But do you have to Pay 2 Play?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2007-11-29, 09:23 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "P2P? It's going to be like all of the..."
D3V said:
P2P? It's going to be like all of the other games, you connect online through their server and play against other people, I would imagine?
They've hinted that it will cost money, but nothing has been decided yet. Or rather, nothing has been made public, yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-29, 09:24 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "They've hinted that it will cost money,..."
That's whack. It's the only thing that kept me from playing WoW.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2007-11-29, 09:31 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "That's whack. It's the only thing that..."
That's a funny statement.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-11-29, 11:25 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "They've hinted that it will cost money,..."
It better not cost money. Since when does Battle dot fucking net cost money?? This is outrageous!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-11-29, 11:28 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "It better not cost money. Since when..."
Well this is Blizzard we're talking about.

And I don't mean Diablo 1 Diablo 2 Starcraft 1 Blizzard, I mean WoW Blizzard. Money, boy. They know if they charge money for people to play Starcraft 2 online, people will still play it, and they will make more money. Monthly fees obviously don't prevent people from playing, just look at WoW.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-29, 11:29 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "It better not cost money. Since when..."
Thanatos said:
It better not cost money. Since when does Battle dot fucking net cost money?? This is outrageous!!!
They make enough money off of their game sales to support their shitty b.net servers for centuries. Now, if they upgraded them and had better stability i'm sure the game sales could still afford to host the servers with money to spare.

I won't buy it if they do charge, I'm tired of paying for a subscription, that's ridiculous, i'll stick with Team fortress 2.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-11-29, 11:45 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "They make enough money off of their..."
You say that now, but when everyone starts raving about how absolutely amazing the online play is, how great the Use Map Settings maps are, etc, you'll cave. Blizzard knows this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-29, 11:48 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You say that now, but when everyone..."
!King_Amazon! said:
You say that now, but when everyone starts raving about how absolutely amazing the online play is, how great the Use Map Settings maps are, etc, you'll cave. Blizzard knows this.
I know, my knees are weak against blizz

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-11-29, 04:51 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "They make enough money off of their..."
Yeah, D2 won't even work on Vista now .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2007-11-29, 10:26 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Yeah, D2 won't even work on Vista now..."
I don't want to play Starcraft 2.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-11-29, 10:28 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I don't want to play Starcraft 2. ..."
I think you should smoke a bowl 20 minutes after every hour because somewhere in the world it's 4:20.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-30, 12:49 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think you should smoke a bowl 20..."
That'd be convenient. I'm out right now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-11-30, 07:11 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "Yeah, D2 won't even work on Vista now..."
kaos said:
Yeah, D2 won't even work on Vista now .
Yes you can, go to the game.exe file, and change the compatibility to Xp/2000. Just right-click/properties change up the compatibility and badda-bing.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-12-05, 01:42 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yes you can, go to the game.exe file,..."
I can't say I wouldn't buy it if it's P2P, because I pay for xbox live. I just hope it's less than $50 a year. For $50 a year I get a huge friends list, free downloads occassionally, play any Xbox 360 console game with my friends on that list, and... well I guess that's about it.

I'll be a little angry, but still buy it and pay for the online play. That having been said, they better have better servers than the original Starcraft on Battle net had, and better make more effort to stop map hacking, because that pisses off micro-oriented people like myself.

The biggest question, though, isn't whether I'll pay to play online. The big question is will the other millions of people buying the game pay for online play or even buy the game if they have to pay for online play?

When it comes out I'll be looking forward to playing on Battle net with you guys. It'll be meeting some of you for the first time, but if you like Starcraft, then we definitely share a common interest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2007-12-05, 02:19 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "I can't say I wouldn't buy it if it's..."
Starcraft was the only computer game I was seriously addicted to.

It was BAD.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos