Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you play World of Warcraft?
Yes 11 40.74%
No, but I might be interested in trying it. 0 0%
I did, but I quit, and I might be interested in playing again 4 14.81%
I did, but I quit, and I'm not interested in playing again. 3 11.11%
No 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2007-04-27, 10:56 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "I wish I knew what instances you guys..."
MightyJoe said:
I wish I knew what instances you guys were talking about...
TBC instances. I haven't done all of them myself. I have only done kara as far as raid instances.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-27, 10:59 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "TBC instances. I haven't done all of..."
Karazhan is the new 10-man Raid zone, Joe.

Gruul's Lair is the first 25-man, followed by Magtheridon, then Serpentshrine Cavern (Lady Vashj's place), then Tempest Keep (Prince Kael'thas' place).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-27, 11:09 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Karazhan is the new 10-man Raid zone,..."
The Black Temple is gonna be crazy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-27, 11:41 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "The Black Temple is gonna be crazy."
Willkillforfood said:
The Black Temple is gonna be crazy.
I won't see it for months for sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-28, 06:04 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "The Black Temple is gonna be crazy."
Does it really count that I play it if when I go to my cusens house we play almost 24/7?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-28, 06:27 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Karazhan is the new 10-man Raid zone,..."
Ah, yea I sorta understand where in the line stuff is, but as you've prolly been able to guess I havne't been on wow much lately.. Account runs out in June and I don't see Blizzard getting anymore money at this rate.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-04-28, 11:22 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Ah, yea I sorta understand where in the..."
Blizz's design philosophy confuses me at this point, they're trying to run a raid game with PvP thrown in as an afterthought without rewarding the people running the more difficult raid content, but nearly any moron with a pulse will eventually get Arena gear that's on par (or better for some offspecs) with late raid drops.

Started looking into Warhammer as a possibility for the future, but its release has been pushed back to Q1 2008.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-28, 11:24 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Blizz's design philosophy confuses me..."
lolepix
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-28, 11:25 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "lolepix"
!King_Amazon! said:
lolepix
Put it in Blue text, and it'd be like reading the worldofwarcraft.com forums.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-28, 02:17 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Blizz's design philosophy confuses me..."
Just because you like to raid, don't complain that the people that like to PvP can get good stuff too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-28, 02:43 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Just because you like to raid, don't..."
WetWired said:
Just because you like to raid, don't complain that the people that like to PvP can get good stuff too.
You misunderstood my intent.

It's not that at all, it's that PvPers only really need a fundamental grasp of the game to get rewards on par with raid gear which often require high coordination among groups of 25 people, as you can still get rewards for standing around in BGs long enough or being slightly less clueless than a number of Arena teams to get your rewards (even though being good speeds up the processes). Raiding has no such "consolation prizes", you either win or you get nothing, and what you win often took much more time and gold to acquire.

Blizzard has somewhat addressed this with Resilience being a fairly respectable PvP stat, but there's still too much crossover between PvE and PvP for the gear to not be compared or used in both scenarios.

I'd kinda prefer items geared for a certain type of content with the same ilvl to have certain base stats and then stack a unique 'equipment buff' when you're zoned into a zone that the item was designed for. Basically, two items of equivalent ilvl would have similar stats until you zone into the zone that the equipment was designed for. Gladiator weapons get uber when zoning into a PvP area, and raid epics gain full power when zoned into a Raid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-28, 02:46 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "You misunderstood my intent. It's..."
If you raid just for gear, you raid for the wrong reasons. Maybe you should evaluate why you raid.

If the gear you are getting is good enough to progress you further, you should be happy. If you want gear with less work, go PVP. Do what you enjoy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-28, 03:06 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If you raid just for gear, you raid for..."
!King_Amazon! said:
If you raid just for gear, you raid for the wrong reasons. Maybe you should evaluate why you raid.

If the gear you are getting is good enough to progress you further, you should be happy. If you want gear with less work, go PVP. Do what you enjoy.
Where did I say anything like that?

You raid to see content, you raid to progress your character, and you raid to play with your friends. I raid for all three, as does anyone who raids. That's not my point however.

It basically boils down to someone who does more work would normally expect better compensation. This was a major (and valid) concern of people doing the PvP grind under the old Honor system versus people zoning in with Raid epics.

This got addressed, now the situation has reversed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-28, 03:38 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Where did I say anything like that? ..."
Why do you need "compensation" for "seing content, progressing your character, and playing with your friends"? What you're saying is reversed. You say you pretty much raid for fun, but you expect compensation for it like you're working a job.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-28, 03:49 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Why do you need "compensation" for..."
Progressing your character is done via gear in the game, there's nothing else after hitting the level cap.

The rub is that when someone progresses faster than you simply because of either an oversight or skewed mechanics is when people become unhappy. Everyone wants a level playing ground, is all I'm saying.

Hell, most of my reply after the initial complaint was a possible solution for it that would equally benefit both playstyles and confer no undue advantage over another in a World environment. I don't see why you're attempting to attack my posts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-28, 04:00 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Progressing your character is done via..."
I'm sorry all I heard was "QQ I'm a loot whore want free epix"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-28, 04:10 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm sorry all I heard was "QQ I'm a..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I'm sorry all I heard was "QQ I'm a loot whore want free epix"

Didn't bother to read my posts then, I see. Free epics would ruin the damn game, it's the best thing in the world to drop a new boss and have your guild cheering over vent, especially when it's a cockblock boss you've been working on for a while.

I'd expand on my line of thinking more (it's pretty common among raiders who shard drops off First Kills), but it's obvious you only want to troll my posts, so I won't waste the time. I think you should take whatever problem you have with me to the Flame Forum if you feel you need to, as you're setting a lovely example for new members by trolling/flaming me outside of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-28, 07:51 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "... Didn't bother to read my posts..."
Vollstrecker said:

Didn't bother to read my posts then, I see. Free epics would ruin the damn game, it's the best thing in the world to drop a new boss and have your guild cheering over vent, especially when it's a cockblock boss you've been working on for a while.

I'd expand on my line of thinking more (it's pretty common among raiders who shard drops off First Kills), but it's obvious you only want to troll my posts, so I won't waste the time. I think you should take whatever problem you have with me to the Flame Forum if you feel you need to, as you're setting a lovely example for new members by trolling/flaming me outside of it.
PVP and Raid? GG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-28, 08:38 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "... Didn't bother to read my posts..."
Vollstrecker said:

I have no reason to flame you or take this conversation anywhere but here. I disagree with what you're playing for, and you're contradicting yourself. The problem I have is I've played with people exactly like you. You claim one thing yet your actions show another, and no matter what you just want your loot, you'll lose your friends for it and forget that the game is meant to be played for fun rather than epics. This game turns people into bad things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-28, 09:00 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I have no reason to flame you or take..."
Everyone should adopt my policy on gear.

GREENS ROOL.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign