Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2006-07-04, 10:14 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "What's the story behind Venom?"
"Venom" is actually an alien creature attached to a human.

It was advertently discovered originally by Robbie Jamieson (the astronaut son of Jonah) during a space flight (some comic storylines say the moon, other say on a comet.)

On the return trip to earth, the symbiote attempts to combine with the astronauts, causing the shuttle to crash. When Spidey comes to save the astronauts (which he successfully does), he comes into contact with the symbiote)

Now the rest might be movie spoilers so I'll cover them.

When Spidey sleeps that night, the symbiote merges with him physically. He wakes up hanging from a lightpost/building without knowing how he got there.

Over the next little while, he learns how to use the symbiote's different powers. His strength is far higher than it was before, he has much more web control and can even shapeshift.

However, a few days later while busting criminals, he finds himself filled with an incredible anger and desire to kill the criminals instead of bringing them in. He is able to resist the alien influence though and runs off.

Eventually, Spidey realises that he must get rid of the symbiote. He goes to a clocktower (early on, he discovered that large noises cause the symbiote pain) and uses the bell to forcibly remove it.

However, there it comes into contact with Brock who has always hated Spiderman and had followed him there. Instead of rejected the symbiote, Brock lets it control him since they share a common hatred of Spiderman.

Brock becomes Venom then. A creature of pure hate and malice with only two goals: killing Spiderman and, later on, propagating it's species.

Carnage is actually the same species as Venom but he is a merge of a symbiote and a homicidal maniac.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2006-07-04, 12:08 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting ""Venom" is actually an alien creature..."
Hurrah! for Spiderman Comics and Cartoon Episodes.

I was going to mrntion Mysterio before, but I had a sudden thought that he was X-Men, for some reason. But now I know he's Spiderman because he's some mad Special Effects guy who wants to kill Spidey.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-04, 02:15 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Hurrah! for Spiderman Comics and..."
What about that bald guy with wings? He always pisses me off in spidey vidgames.

Last edited by Atnas; 2006-07-05 at 09:43 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-05, 07:40 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "What about that bald guy with wings? He..."
Nice, I really can't wait for this movie. Does anyone know if this is a planned trilogy, or if there will be more?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2006-07-05, 09:44 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Nice, I really can't wait for this..."
If it's a trilogy I will cry. I really will. Btw, The bald guy's name is the vulture... Heard anything about him yet?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-05, 10:46 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "If it's a trilogy I will cry. I really..."
I've heard OF him. I know that much.

And I thought it was going to be a trilogy. But if it's only me, and you guys think it isn't, then I must be dreaming again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-05, 11:19 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've heard OF him. I know that much. ..."
and what about willkillforfood. The invincible demigod with a grudge against spiderman!? :O
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-07-05, 11:58 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "and what about willkillforfood. The..."
I must be mistaken. I thought he was the invincible god with a grudge against spiderman!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-07-05, 01:21 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I must be mistaken. I thought he was..."
Sorry, my bad. Yes, that is true.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-07-09, 08:34 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Sorry, my bad. Yes, that is true."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-09, 09:59 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/At..."
I heard that they were liscensed to do 7 movies a good while back, so, pending producer and actor interest, we'll have up to that many. I do expect us to have another movie with Carnage.

Speaking of, the symbiote that makes Carnage is an offspring of Venom, correct?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-07-09, 02:32 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "I heard that they were liscensed to do..."
From what I sorta remember, a more fucked up version.

Or maybe I'm making that up because I saw carnage as being more of a psycho then VEnom.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-07-09, 02:48 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "From what I sorta remember, a more..."
Well, Carnage was Venom's offspring fused with a psychotic killer.

I can't blame you, to be honest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny