Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

DIABLO II can't get d2loader110 to work
Posted 2005-04-03, 12:19 AM
Hello!

I am a total newbie at this so please, bear with me.

I have Diablo 2 and the d2loader110.zip and instructions. I also have a disk with the cinematics on it.

I've followed the instructions (which appear deceptively simple) and installed the game (single player, because I'm not interested in playing multi player on the net). I've patched/upgraded it to version 110. I've extracted the diablo2.exe from the d2loader110.zip to the game folder. It makes a folder within the diablo 2 game folder, called d2loader which contains the diablo2.exe.

From there I get stuck. I've tried double clicking the diablo2.exe in the main game folder....nothing happens. I've tried d.clicking the diablo2 exe in the d2loader folder....nothing happens. I've tried copying the diablo2.exe from the d2loader folder, to the diablo 2 main game folder...again nothing.

I variously get error messages saying to insert disk into rom (its already in there)or that storm.dll is missing (when d.clicking on the d2loader folder diablo2.exe).

Getting so annoyed with this. Can't work out why it just won't work. A friend sent this from overseas and the disk only has the single player on it anyway, not the full multiplayer version.

Is there something I'm missing here? Can anyone help please? Been waiting to play this one for ages. Only have Diablo2, not the expansion (yet).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
Chickie
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chickie is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenChickie is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Chickie

Posted 2005-04-03, 02:38 PM in reply to Chickie's post "DIABLO II can't get d2loader110 to work"
You are supposed to copy Diablo II.exe to your Diablo II folder, and run it directly from that directory instead of running it from a newly created sub-directory. I am pretty sure that's what it said on the readme.

By the way, post it on general chat under D2 instead of using the help forum for game specific question.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2005-04-03, 05:20 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "You are supposed to copy Diablo II.exe..."
Senesia said:
You are supposed to copy Diablo II.exe to your Diablo II folder, and run it directly from that directory instead of running it from a newly created sub-directory. I am pretty sure that's what it said on the readme.

By the way, post it on general chat under D2 instead of using the help forum for game specific question.
Sorry, I'll repost on general board.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chickie is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenChickie is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Chickie

Posted 2005-04-03, 05:23 PM in reply to Chickie's post starting "Sorry, I'll repost on general board."
Erm nonononono! I moved it =D. Where did you dl the loader from btw?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

further info
Posted 2005-04-03, 05:23 PM in reply to Chickie's post starting "Sorry, I'll repost on general board."
Chickie said:
Sorry, I'll repost on general board.

I didn't create the sub folder. When I extract diablo2.exe into the game folder, it makes it's own subfolder and places the exe in there. I've tried copying and pasting it from the sub folder to the main folder (which replaces the existing diablo2.exe) and running it from there, again with no results. Don't even get the splash screen.

Any further help appreciated.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chickie

where I got loader
Posted 2005-04-03, 05:41 PM in reply to Chickie's post "further info"
Chickie said:
I didn't create the sub folder. When I extract diablo2.exe into the game folder, it makes it's own subfolder and places the exe in there. I've tried copying and pasting it from the sub folder to the main folder (which replaces the existing diablo2.exe) and running it from there, again with no results. Don't even get the splash screen.

Any further help appreciated.

The loader was sent to me but, since reading here in the forum, I also d/loaded the d2loader110.zip that was offered here. I uninstalled the game completely (using Your Uninstaller) then started fresh using the loader from here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chickie

Posted 2005-04-03, 05:51 PM in reply to Chickie's post "where I got loader"
Try this

http://www.blizzhackers.com/viewtopic.php?t=152586

If that doesn't help I can try to help you .. but no promises I can get it to work
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

quick question on xp
Posted 2005-04-03, 06:31 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Try this ..."
Sovereign said:
Try this

http://www.blizzhackers.com/viewtopic.php?t=152586

If that doesn't help I can try to help you .. but no promises I can get it to work

Okay, thank you. OVer there now reading and trying to understand.

Quick question.....can you tell me exactly HOW to change the compatability for xp? My computer runs xp pro. Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chickie

Posted 2005-04-03, 06:41 PM in reply to Chickie's post "quick question on xp"
Also, I've searched both game cd's (diablo 2 and the cinematics one) for these files Files2char.mpq d2music.mpq, d2xmusic.mpq d2xvideo.mpq (for NO CD crack)
to be able to play without using the cd but those files do not appear to exist on my cd's.

They also say:
D2classic step for no cd. - also required for xpac.

Copy the file d2char.mpq and d2music.mpq from the D2 play cd to the diablo II folder

Can't find that file either :S

Thanks for your help.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chickie

Posted 2005-04-04, 06:19 AM in reply to Chickie's post starting "Also, I've searched both game cd's..."
To copy those insert the disk into your cd drive, then click my computer, your cd drive, usually D: right click it, choose explore. Fin the d2char and d2music mpq files and hold control and click all of them. After the are both highlighted, right click and choose copy, then go to wherever you installed diablo II, usually C:/program file/diablo II and open that folder. From there right click and choose paste. Also, www.rumkin.com has a d2loader that has a self install program with it, its clean don't worry. I think the loader may be for expansion only though. That might be one of your problems.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Expired is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExpired is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Expired

Posted 2005-04-04, 08:44 AM in reply to Expired's post starting "To copy those insert the disk into your..."
Expired said:
To copy those insert the disk into your cd drive, then click my computer, your cd drive, usually D: right click it, choose explore. Fin the d2char and d2music mpq files and hold control and click all of them. After the are both highlighted, right click and choose copy, then go to wherever you installed diablo II, usually C:/program file/diablo II and open that folder. From there right click and choose paste. Also, www.rumkin.com has a d2loader that has a self install program with it, its clean don't worry. I think the loader may be for expansion only though. That might be one of your problems.
Yay posting at school >.>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2005-04-04, 02:53 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Yay posting at school >.>"
If you were refering to me posting at school, you were wrong Accually it's right before i walked out the door for the bus, but my Advisory class in the morning is a room full of computers so i could post at school if i really had the urge to do it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Expired is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExpired is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Expired