Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

New computer problems
Posted 2005-02-25, 01:11 PM
Recently I decided to start a new project and get a new computer, so I went cheap and got a PC CHIPS mobo.

Here's the build:

PCCHIPS Mobo
AMD Duron 1.8
256pc 2700x1
GeForce4 480mx (64meg agp)
80Gig hd (from old computer).

I install it all, hook everything up (properly) and start booting into windows. I get an error, win32k.sys (accompied with bluescreen of death). So I decide to just go ahead and reload XP. After getting it reloaded, I start going into setup and it keeps locking up (blue screen) and telling me different files have caused it to crash. After a few tries with the installation I get the HD working on the computer, and it starts to automatically load the drivers, after about 10 minutes on the computer, Blue screen. I'm guessing one of the drivers with the motherboard, or video card are screwing it up and making it lock up. I'm very lost,

Some of the errors that come up are " irq_not_less_or_equal" or that MOUNTMGR.sys has caused system dump. win32k.sys,..Just stuff like that. I would love some help if you guys can invite me to your wisdom...

What I did that may have screwed it up was uncheck all of the boxes on the systemfailure box and the one above it. I'm not sure..

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-02-25, 01:14 PM in reply to D3V's post "New computer problems"
One thing you might try is the IDE cable. I had a friend's computer go out twice last week, and we had no fucking idea why. It ended up that his IDE cable was faulty and that *most* of the information was tranferring correctly.

Take one new IDE cable, one format, one fresh install, and a glass of lemonade and call me in the morning.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob