Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Question Eths on mercs
Posted 2004-03-05, 03:38 PM
Any reason why when you wear an eth item, it loses durability and can be destroyed, but when you put it on a merc, it loses no durability?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-03-05, 03:39 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Eths on mercs"
Dunno. It's not a bug, I'm sure they would've corrected it by now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-05, 03:44 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Dunno. It's not a bug, I'm sure they..."
Might have, but last time i played my merc's hat (eth rockstopper) was still at the same durability as when i had it with my pally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-03-05, 03:51 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Might have, but last time i played my..."
They don't lose durability. I'm not sure why b.net has it that way though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-05, 03:53 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "They don't lose durability. I'm not..."
Vollstrecker said:
They don't lose durability. I'm not sure why b.net has it that way though.
I suppose they have it that way so eths aren't completely useless... Not saying they are useless, but if you are unrich and don't have zods they are only temporarily useful.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-03-05, 04:48 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Eths on mercs"
It probably has to do with the added complexity of managing a merc if you have to worry not only about the durability of your equipment but also your mercs. It just seems to me that the added complexity would detract from what they were trying to do when they enhanced the mercs in LOD.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-03-05, 05:29 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "It probably has to do with the added..."
Good call, WetWired. It makes sense, since they're trying to advocate the use of mercenaries. That's even more true in 1.10, a good merc is a must for any sorc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-05, 06:37 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Good call, WetWired. It makes sense,..."
ethreal weapons/armor/helm makes your merc better then the rest of them. stronger defense and higher dmg than regular weapons + they don't break on your merc. Most ppl use ethreal bonenew (2x amn) or ethreal reapears toll.
What is this!?! A center for ants!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2004-03-06, 02:55 PM in reply to supaflip_69's post starting "ethreal weapons/armor/helm makes your..."
yeah like WW said it would just be a major hassel if you had to take off the equip of your merc put it in your inventory and repair it all. so blizzard must have decided to save us this one hassel. FYI no items lose durability on mercs non eth included
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005