Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Advice
Posted 2004-02-22, 03:24 AM
Don't waste your time going to college courses and bullshit to learn how to write. If you are gonna write, write. Let the creative power come from your own mind, not that of some old douche. who wants to supposedly teach you how to write. There is a potential masterpiece in us all. And you and only you can find it.

So take out your pen or pencil or pull up Microsoft Word or AppleWorks or whatever and start writting. That's what I do. I may write at least thirty pages to a story and then lose interest. That means that is not the "great one" only something that you had a brief interest in. Do this long enough and someday you'll write the masterpiece and be filthy rich. Like the lady who writes the Harry Potter books.

And personally I don't give a shit if you don't care what I have to say. I said it. It's done. My advice seems reasonable to me. If it's not to you, find your own fucking philosophy and follow it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-02-22, 08:16 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Advice"
Kuja`s #1 said:
Don't waste your time going to college courses and bullshit to learn how to write. If you are gonna write, write. Let the creative power come from your own mind, not that of some old douche. who wants to supposedly teach you how to write. There is a potential masterpiece in us all. And you and only you can find it.

So take out your pen or pencil or pull up Microsoft Word or AppleWorks or whatever and start writting. That's what I do. I may write at least thirty pages to a story and then lose interest. That means that is not the "great one" only something that you had a brief interest in. Do this long enough and someday you'll write the masterpiece and be filthy rich. Like the lady who writes the Harry Potter books.

And personally I don't give a shit if you don't care what I have to say. I said it. It's done. My advice seems reasonable to me. If it's not to you, find your own fucking philosophy and follow it.
here is my fucking philosophy,I think college is important to learn how to write.You could choose what to use and what not to use out of what you are being taught by the college professor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-02-22, 08:57 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Advice"
I never finish any stories I write, no matter how much I want to finish them. I always come to a road-block, in which I don't know how to continue with the storyline. Lost Innocence is a prime example of that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2004-02-22, 10:55 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I never finish any stories I write, no..."
Your muse will come. Even if you miss it, it will come.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-02-22, 11:01 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Your muse will come. Even if you miss..."
All I have are Musing School flunkies. They don't help much, but they do inspire me to write some rather...interesting things...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2004-02-23, 03:37 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "All I have are Musing School flunkies...."
Whatever works.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-02-26, 06:44 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Whatever works."
Kuja`s #1 said:
Whatever works.
I',m sorry if I seemed mean when I said here is my f****ing philosophy but I was just being a smartass in response to part of your post
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-02-26, 02:22 PM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "I',m sorry if I seemed mean when I said..."
One too many asterisks. F***ing*, glad i paid attention in LA1.

Last edited by HandOfHeaven; 2004-02-26 at 02:26 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-26, 04:13 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Advice"
I agree with you man Clam Down
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-02-27, 01:34 PM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "I agree with you man Clam Down :)"
LiveWire said:
I agree with you man Clam Down
who are you telling to calm down?Kuja's #1?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-02-27, 03:04 PM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "who are you telling to calm down?Kuja's..."
Are you in Linear mode? If so you should see Posted Yesterday, 11:13 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Advice"

i use threaded mode. Much nicer
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-02-27, 11:54 PM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "Are you in Linear mode? If so you..."
LiveWire said:
Are you in Linear mode? If so you should see Posted Yesterday, 11:13 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Advice"

i use threaded mode. Much nicer
I changed it to threaded mode now.It is weird because I always had it on linear.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dan XIII