Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Battle! Kain vs. Raziel

Posted 2003-10-11, 05:58 AM
REMINDER - Because Raziel is technically immortal, that means that in all actuality, it would be nearly impossible for Kain to realistically win. To make sure that this is a fair fight, one rule must be implemented. The rule goes as such: if Raziel is forced into the Spectral Realm against his will, he loses. He can shift at his own discretion and the match will continue, but if Kain destroys his physical body, thereby forcing him into the Spectral Realm, the match is over. There are three shift points located in this arena that Raziel can use to get back into the Material Realm. I'll say that one is in the center of the main chapel, and the other two are at your discretion. Have fun!

Arena: Painborne Cathedral

In the Red Corner, strutting around like he owns the entire damned world! Armed with his trusty Mist, Bat and Wolf forms, super-human physical qualities, a massive array of demonic magic, the ability to draw blood from a distance and the unbreakable Soul Reaver blade! The undisputed Emperor of Nosgoth, the fallen Balance Guardian, the Crimson God himself, from Blood Omen: Kain!!!

And in the Blue Corner, missing a few too many vital body parts to be acceptable! Equipped with lightning-quick combat capabilities, super-human physical attributes, the Spectral Shift power, elemental glyph magic, Soul Devouring abilities and the energy-based elemental Soul Reaver wraith blade! The betrayed vampire lieutenant, the resurrected soul devourer, the Spectral Assassin, from Soul Reaver: Raziel!!!

The master meets the student. Reality itself churns and distorts as the two Reavers approach one another. Will the bloodsucking king fell the soul-devouring demon? Or will the wraith blade prove too much for the physical edge to handle? Choose your side, pick your weapons and prepare for battle. Damnation has arrived...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-11, 10:59 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
Well guyz i wont be part of this one i havnt played either game and hardly know anything.

So i will just say the student shouldnt beat the master.
Go Kain !
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-10-12, 09:52 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
Okay, I'll try and spur some more action into this battle by more fully describing the combatants abilities.

Kain

*FORMS*

Bat Form - Transforms into a "flock" of bats allowing him quicker mobility over great distances.

Wolf Form - Transforms into a rather large wolf, allowing him greatly improved stealth, agility and senses.

Mist Form - Transforms into a humanoid figure constructed of mist. He can not be injured while in mist form, but he also can not attack without exposing himself to his opponent.

*SPELLS* (I'll just list a few, considering there are a number of them. All spells deplete Kain's magic reserves.)

Energy Bolt - Exactly how it sounds. A single-shot energy projectile.

Repel - An orb of blue energy surrounds Kain preventing harm, but slowing his movements and draining his magic reserves.

Incapacitate - An energy projectile that temporarily stops an enemy.

Lightning - Bolts of lightning rain down from the sky. Must be outside to work.

Spirit Death - A projectile that completely destroys the physical body, leaving only the spirit unharmed.

*DARK GIFTS*

Claws - Kains fingers are pointed and razor sharp.

Physical Attributes - Stronger, faster, more agile and more damage resistant than any human could ever hope to be. Not invincible, but not necessarily mortal either.

Distance Drain - Kain can draw blood from his victims at a distance by magically sucking the blood through the air in a cohesive stream. Creatures without blood (golems, animated suits of armor, Raziel) or with poisonous blood (zombies and certain types of demons) will either not sustain him or harm him.

Slow Descent - Kain can magically slow his descent at will, preventing damage from long drops and making his landings completely soundless.

Jump - Kain can jump horizontaly at an alarming distance. The jump is magically aided, but uses none of his magic reserves. Silent, and capable of an added attack if timed correctly.

Telekinesis - Kain can manipulate objects and enemies with his mind.

Charm - Kain can take mental control of human enemies.

Fury - Kain can supercharge one tremendous attack. Drains his magic reserves.

Berserk - Kain can unleash a flurry of supercharged attacks. Severely drains his magic reserves.

Immolate - Kain can mentally incinerate an opponent. Completely drains his magic reserves.

And last but not least...

The Soul Reaver Blade - an unbreakable, two-handed longsword capable of killing damn near anything with a single stroke. Kain can not use magic while he holds the weapon.

*WEAKNESSES*

Sunlight - Cuts Kain's defense and attack power in half.

Water - Extremely harmful if touched, fatal if submerged.

Fire - It affects Kain like it would affect a normal human being.

Impalement - Any vampire left impaled for a certain amount of time will die. The amount of time necessary depends on the strength of the vampire. Kain is a tough fucking vampire.

Raziel

*DARK GIFTS*

Claws - Raziel's hands and feet are hardened into rock solid, razor sharp claws.

Physical Attributes - Like Kain, Raziel is far stronger, faster and damage resistant than any human could ever be.

Demon Wings - Raziel's wings have had the bones torn out of them, but they still have use. He can grab them and use them to slow his descent, eliminating fall-damage, muting his landings and allowing him to glide over farther distances than Kain's Slow Descent ability allows.

Telekinesis - Raziel can manipulate objects and enemies with his mind.

Soul Devouring - Raziel sustains his health by devouring the souls of his enemies. If it has a soul, he can eat it.

*DEMONIC GIFTS*

Spectral Shift - Raziel can shift from the Material Plane to the Spectral Realm at will. Once in the Spectral Realm he regains his health constantly. Time does not exist in the Spectral Realm, so to anyone outside of it, his shift to and from the nether region would be instantaneous. He can shift to Spectral whenever and wherever he wishes, but he must shift from Spectral at a "shift point." Basically, glowing pillars of energy found everywhere in the Spectral Realm.

Phasing - While in the Spectral Realm, Raziel can make his body "incorporeal" and hs can pass through permeable or insubstantial barriers like gates and cages. This ability can only be used in Spectral.

Scaling - Raziel can climb walls with his claws at a steady rate. This ability can only be used in Material.

Force Projectile - Raziel can launch a telekinetic energy projectile that can damage enemies, move objects and shatter certain barriers.

Swim - Raziel can do what almost no other vampire in Nosgoth can claim: take a bath. He is also an extremely fast swimmer, and is capable of launching himself through and out of water like a torpedo.

*GLYPHS* (Spells. All glyphs drain Raziel's magic reserves.)

Force Glyph - Shockwaves of telekinetic energy blast outwards from Raziel's body, temporarily incapacitating all within it's radius.

Sound Glyph - Basically the same as the Force Glyph, only with sonic waves instead of force. The stun effect lasts longer, but it costs more magic to use.

Earth Glyph - Remember the last two? Yeah, longer effet, more drain, different approach.

Fire Glyph - Ah ha! Now the killing starts! Raziel is enveloped in a writhing ball of flame that expands and explodes outward igniting everything in it's path. Deadly at close range, less damaging at farther ranges.

Water Glyph - Vampires die. A ring of water erupts outward from Raziel's midsection causing instant death. to vampiric enemies.

Sunlight Glyph - Pure, brilliant Sunlight floods the area severly weakening more powerful vampires (like Kain) and just flat out destroying weaker vampires (like the Rahabim).

And the moment you've all been waiting for...

The Soul Rever Wraith Blade - The Soul Reaver's true form. An undulating, writhing beam of blue energy coiling around Raziel's right arm. It bypasses all armor, is unbreakble, and cannot be removed from Raziel's body by conventional means. The one drawback is that if he uses the Reaver too much, it can become "excited" and begin draining Raziel's own life force.

Raziel's Force Projectile can be used in conjunction with the Wraith Blade for an enhanced effect. It also has a number of elemental properties, including:

The Dark Reaver - Black and Purple negative energy. Projectile is capable of blinding targets.

The Light Reaver - Made of Sunlight. Can illuminate dark areas and severely injure vampires. Projectile has the same properties.

The Air Reaver - Made of violent, whirling air and white energy. Projectile can destroy compromised barriers (cracked walls).

The Fire Reaver - Made of scorching fire and red energy. Extremely damaging to any creature. Projectile can melt ice and ignite enemies.

*WEAKNESSES* - In all honesty...none. Physical attacks and magical attacks will harm him, but he has no glaring weaknesses, unlike Kain.

Each combatant actually has a number of other abilities, but most of them would have no real bearing on the fight. Some of them, I left out just for you guys to discover on your own.

Last edited by Raziel; 2003-10-12 at 09:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-12, 10:00 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
If you seriously think I'm gonna read all that you are out of your mind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-12, 10:02 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
Then I'm out of my mind. You have nothing better to do. Otherwise, you'd be having sex...with a cat.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-12, 10:04 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
I hope Sonic wins.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-10-12, 10:15 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
Not only are you out of your mind, you're a fucking sicko.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-12, 10:20 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
Hey, hey, this thread isn't about me it's about Kain and...heh, Raziel. On topic. Pronto.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-12, 10:23 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
I'm confused, is this the same Kain as the one from Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-12, 10:26 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
Yeah, it's the same character. Kain is the star of the Blood Omen series and Raziel is the star of the Soul Reaver series.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-12, 10:29 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
Well, if thats the case then, I'm gonna have to side with Kain as of now. If he beat him in the game, he will beat him here. I hope someone actually tries to argue this Battle, its a good one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-10-12, 10:36 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
I see. Well I still never played any of them, so I dunno.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-13, 01:08 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
Raziel wins. He can toast Kain from far away without really trying with his abillities, and yes, because he evolved FIRST~~~!!! He could use those telekinetic abilities and just make mincemeat out of the poor bloodsucker. End of story.
Life is short.
Let's all grab a BEER~~~!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Cerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Cerridwen

Posted 2003-10-13, 02:59 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
Raziel said:
Distance Drain - Kain can draw blood from his victims at a distance by magically sucking the blood through the air in a cohesive stream. Creatures without blood (golems, animated suits of armor, Raziel) or with poisonous blood (zombies and certain types of demons) will either not sustain him or harm him.
I have a little problem whit that.
I might be wrong considering i never played the game but arnt vampire Always filled whit blood ? Dont they actualy need it to use their *powers?* and dont they strave once out of blood ? If im right Kain could actualy Weaken Raziel by Draining the blood.

Go Kain Go !
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-10-13, 03:11 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
Raziel is no longer a vampire, Kuja. Kain had him "executed" and he was just barely rescued from the pits of hell by The Elder God. He was resurrected as a Soul Devourer. His physical form is maifest by his will alone, because his natural form exists on the Spectral Plane.

In other words, no, Raziel has no blood. He has no internal organs left below the ribcage, no skin, and no jawbone. He's a superpowered spirit with the ability to make his ruined body take form in the Material Realm. He doesn't need blood to survive, he needs energy. Specifically souls.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-13, 03:48 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
Considering Kain is a vampire, I'd say Raziel's use of the Water Glyph should show him his place.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-10-13, 05:42 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
Aight well then i think Raziel would win since he has no blood
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-10-13, 06:07 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
I don't think it's the "no blood" issue that would give Raziel the victory. Kain can't draw blood unless his enemy is stunned, and Raziel can't devour a soul until the enemy is dead.

I think Raziel would win because his abilities are a lot more practical to this battle. Being able to transform into a wolf or mist is nice when you're skulking through a canyon, or trying to cross a swamp, but in the midst of battle, Kain is going to find more use in his spells and weaponry. Raziel can use pretty much everything he has to his advantage in this fight, and Kain has a number of abilities that will go unused. It is because of this lack of skill maximization that I think Raziel will come out on top. Plus, he's beaten Kain twice before, he just hasn't killed him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-13, 07:07 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
i also think that Raziel would win because he has the powers to weaken Kain. example, Kain can not touch water, Raziel can take out water and go on Kain.

very hard battle, ...will we be doing "reasoning" or "story" form??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-10-13, 07:17 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Kain vs. Raziel"
Do whatever you want! Just post! Add some activity to it! be creative!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel