Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Synthesis 2.0 colors
Posted 2003-10-09, 10:22 AM
Me and Chruser have recently been working on Synthesis 2.0, which will be used when we switch to vB3. There had been requests for the original Synthesis in multiple colors, so we took some time to put together several alternate color schemes. We would like comments and suggestions on these schemes, as well as names for them. After a few days, I'll put up a poll where you guys can vote for which ones to make for vB3. Please use the letters when reffering to them, as any names are subject to change.

a. "Original Blue"

b. "Lava Ashes"

c. "HUD Green"

d. "Liquid Violet"

e. "Deep Stone"

f. "Royal Emblem"

g. "Mint Green"

h. "Faded Violet"

i. "Gray"

j. "Military Camouflage"

k. (unnamed)

Last edited by WetWired; 2003-10-10 at 09:21 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-10-09, 10:31 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
I like a and d.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-10-09, 10:32 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
Okay, here's my opinion:

a: Nothing wrong with the original, I like it a lot.
b: I like it a lot too, only the center (post area) should be darker.
c: The buttons are unreadable on my screen, otherwise, it's nice.
d: I really like this one, I can't say anything bad about it.
e: There's something about the colors that gives me a bad impression about this one.
f: The main colors are good, but the buttons are horrible. I want to scream when I see the contrast between the blue and the yellow.
g: This one is really nice, but the center needs to be a lot darker, if not even black.
h: Reminds me of the original synthesis in a good way. I can't say anything bad about this one either.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-10-09, 10:33 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
I like b, the red colors look nice and calm
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2003-10-09, 10:33 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
a d and maybe f not sure though
i must not fear. fear is the mind killer. i will face my fears and when they are gone only i will remain.
Clan Laomainn.
Ne Parcas Nec Spernas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
haplo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhaplo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

haplo

Posted 2003-10-09, 10:35 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
I can't decide, I like them all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-09, 10:39 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
Just a note. This is not so much a thread to talk about which you like as to talk about things you like and things that you think should be changed, colors that you think should have been made but weren't, and what to call them. As I said, after a few days, I will post a multiple choice poll where you guys can vote for which ones you like.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-10-09, 11:00 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
I like the new activity bar thing. It makes it look more high-tech and neat-o.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-09, 11:10 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
u should change the button color on f
i must not fear. fear is the mind killer. i will face my fears and when they are gone only i will remain.
Clan Laomainn.
Ne Parcas Nec Spernas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
haplo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhaplo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

haplo

Posted 2003-10-09, 12:12 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
haplo said:
u should change the button color on f
To what?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2003-10-09, 12:16 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
i duno but not ugly ass yellow
Clan Laomainn.
Ne Parcas Nec Spernas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

haplo

Posted 2003-10-09, 12:41 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
Adjusted E, added I.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2003-10-09, 12:45 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
me likey. still need to fix the yellow buttons though. but maybe others like em. i duno
Clan Laomainn.
Ne Parcas Nec Spernas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

haplo

Posted 2003-10-09, 12:59 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
Camouflage (J) added.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-10-09, 01:14 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
I like the original, dark stone, and the red one. The others are great too, though. Still, nothing can and will compare to good ol' ocean. If I knew how to make skins, I'd design a ocean/synthesis type one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-10-09, 01:21 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
how about this instead of the yellow
Clan Laomainn.
Ne Parcas Nec Spernas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

haplo

Posted 2003-10-09, 01:48 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
aww their all ugly Seriously I Could get a guy that could do a whole new design that would make us think its so tight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The1

Posted 2003-10-09, 01:52 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
The1 said:
aww their all ugly Seriously I Could get a guy that could do a whole new design that would make us think its so tight.
then go and do it and post it for us to see
Clan Laomainn.
Ne Parcas Nec Spernas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

haplo

Posted 2003-10-09, 02:12 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
blah

Last edited by The1; 2003-10-09 at 02:34 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The1

Posted 2003-10-09, 02:23 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Synthesis 2.0 colors"
The1 said:
The point here was not to make a completely new design. The point was to adapt it for vB3 and to add features that we've been hitting ourselves over the head about. We have an all-new style in the works, but it will be quite some time before it's ready.

Quote:
how about this instead of the yellow
Looks like D but uglier. The point of f was to have a contrasting color of button; yellow is the opposite hue of blue.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired