Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

MIDI Problems
Posted 2006-03-30, 06:40 PM
Allright, I had my computer in the shop for about to months, and I just recently got it back, and the first thing I did when I got it was went and downloaded rm2k3, and the rm2k rtp all from asite.com I think the site was, and well that is ware I downloaded it before, and I had no problems in the past, and well now, when I play downloaded game I never hear the background music, I only hear sound effects, like doors opening, and I also cant hear background music when I'm making my game. So if anyone knows what the problem is, it would really help, alto. Also, I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with it, but before I was running Windows ME, now I have to have Windows 98. Well thanks for any and all help. Also, I tried getting a new Synthesizer, but it didn't do anything at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SeniorDiablo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSeniorDiablo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SeniorDiablo

Posted 2006-03-30, 08:13 PM in reply to SeniorDiablo's post "MIDI Problems"
Check your Windows' volume settings, there's a separate volume level for MIDI, make sure it isn't muted or set to 0. Easiest way to check that is double-clicking the speaker icon in the system tray. (If you don't see MIDI in your 'Master Volume' window, enable it by going to Options->Properties and checking the appropriate box.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-03-30, 08:47 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Check your Windows' volume settings,..."
It didn't work. Sigh, I don't think I will ever get it to work. Oh, and when I went to options there wasn't and option for MIDI I checked all boxes, and unmuted all the ones that were muted.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SeniorDiablo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSeniorDiablo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SeniorDiablo

Posted 2006-03-30, 09:21 PM in reply to SeniorDiablo's post starting "It didn't work. Sigh, I don't think I..."
It was on Playback, not Recording, right?
Attached Images
File Type: png volumecontrol.PNG (16.2 KB, 8 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-03-30, 09:32 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "It was on Playback, not Recording,..."
BlueCube said:
It was on Playback, not Recording, right?
There was no MIDI option there. Remember Im running OS 98. And my sound thinger is SoundFusion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SeniorDiablo

Posted 2006-03-31, 05:24 AM in reply to SeniorDiablo's post starting "There was no MIDI option there...."
There's been a separate MIDI option since Win95 (I remember having 'sound issues' with Chip's Challenge back in the day, those were fun times), but it might indeed depend on sound card. Never had a SoundFusion card.

Can you play the MIDI files separately from the program itself? What about the whole "Listen To Music" option in the Tools menu, do you get any sound there?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2006-03-31, 08:22 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "There's been a separate MIDI option..."
I can't play the RTP MIDI Files seperatley in WMP or anything like that, It will play the file, I just wont hear anything. I can listen to regulat MP3's, just not MIDI. I'm pretty sure I have the same sound card I did when I had it before my system got redone in the shop. I don't know if this might give you any clue to what might be going on, but lets say, when I'm playing my music, I can only hear the music, and I won't be able to hear anything else from other programs, like the dings in MSN, but when I don't have WMP up I will be able to hear it. Wasn't like that before, not sure if that will help at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SeniorDiablo

Posted 2006-04-01, 09:53 PM in reply to SeniorDiablo's post starting "I can't play the RTP MIDI Files..."
So ya have no idea what could be wrong?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SeniorDiablo

Posted 2006-04-02, 07:05 AM in reply to SeniorDiablo's post starting "So ya have no idea what could be wrong?"
Can I ask, how come you moved from ME down to 98?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-02, 02:09 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Can I ask, how come you moved from ME..."
My computer is an E-Machine....need I say more?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SeniorDiablo

Posted 2006-04-02, 02:23 PM in reply to SeniorDiablo's post starting "My computer is an E-Machine....need I..."

Guess what I'm running.

Emachine. This is five years old. Came with ME. We've demoted ourselves to XP.

And it more or less works without a hitch...unless my sister does something stupid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-02, 02:56 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting ":p Guess what I'm running. ..."
Well the computer guy at the store told me it would run smoother with 98, then ME. I was gonna use my upgrade disk, and put in ME, but my mom left it on the floor and I stepped on it. I think me haveing 98 is the problem, because it use to work fine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SeniorDiablo

Posted 2006-04-02, 02:58 PM in reply to SeniorDiablo's post starting "Well the computer guy at the store told..."
I think 98 might be the problem too. I don't like 98.

If you've still got your activation key, you should be able to use an illegal copy of ME to put it on your computer.

Though I shouldn't be recommending things like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-02, 03:00 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I think 98 might be the problem too. I..."
Yeah, my mom was gonna send me a copy of XP, and the computer guy also said I just barly pass the requirements (sp?) To use XP, but it would lag alot. So I told him to just install 98. But just for knowledge. Where would one find an illegal copy of ME if they still had there activation key?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SeniorDiablo

Posted 2006-04-02, 09:54 PM in reply to SeniorDiablo's post starting "Yeah, my mom was gonna send me a copy..."
SeniorDiablo said:
Where would one find an illegal copy of ME if they still had there activation key?
Yeah, don't do that.

I had a problem with MIDI's when I moved from 98 to XP.

The way I fixed it was turning up the internal volume. I noticed it when making MIDI's in Anvil Studio. Go to www.anvilstudio.com and download the program.

Load a MIDI that won't play and on the Composer page of the the program turn up the internal synth volume and save it. It should work. But don't get your hopes up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2006-04-03, 02:02 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Yeah, don't do that. I had a problem..."
Where exactly on the page do you download what you're telling me to?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SeniorDiablo

Posted 2006-04-03, 02:30 PM in reply to SeniorDiablo's post starting "Where exactly on the page do you..."
Top of the page in blue -- Anvil Studio - Free Download
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-03, 02:57 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Top of the page in blue -- Anvil Studio..."
Yeah, I tried it and nothing happend. All the volume of the MIDI were fine.

Last edited by SeniorDiablo; 2006-04-03 at 03:42 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SeniorDiablo

Posted 2006-04-03, 06:16 PM in reply to SeniorDiablo's post starting "Yeah, I tried it and nothing happend...."
Hmm, been trying to do a bit of research on this, the only thing I can think of is the standard 'update your sound drivers' response, which isn't much help.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2006-04-03, 11:59 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Hmm, been trying to do a bit of..."
Yeah, well does anyone know where I can get background music for rm2k/3 that are MP3's? Because I can play mp3's on there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SeniorDiablo