Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Blizzard new chat launch
Posted 2010-06-23, 04:09 PM

New World Of Warcraft Patch Enables Cross-Game Chat

http://kotaku.com/5570868/new-world-...ross+game-chat

Quote:

Blizzard's 3.3.5 patch for World of Warcraft went live yesterday, enabling the new Battle.net Real ID feature, allowing for cross-faction, cross-server, and when StarCraft II comes out, cross-game chat.

Real ID is a layer of friends list on top of the one World of Warcraft players are used to. Instead of tagging another character name as a friend, players can now tag the Battle.net ID of their friends, keeping in touch with them no matter where they are playing on the Battle.net network.

Say your guild is getting ready for a raid, but your healer is off playing StarCraft II. Not only will you be able to see what he or she is doing (should they allow it), you'll be able to drop them a line telling them to get their sorry asses in gear.

It also means that once you add a Real ID friend, you don't have to worry about adding all of their alts to your list as well. Real ID friends can even send out broadcast messages across their entire friend network, which sounds amazingly annoying, though perfect for dramatic "quitting the game" notices.

For those who'd rather have everyone known them as Porksword, the mighty Orc warrior, the Real ID feature is completely optional.

This is one of the first steps in integrating World of Warcraft with Battle.net, bringing players of all Blizzard games together in one big community.

Check out the Real ID page on Battle.net for more information on the feature, and visit the World of Warcraft patch notes page for more on patch 3.3.5, which also introduces the Ruby Sanctum raid dungeon.
I downloaded the patch via WoW last night, and tried it out a little bit. The realID feature is going to be awesome. I'm going to love chatbombinb WoW raids while playing Starcraft 2. It's actually a good idea, and i'm sure was suggested years ago but now with the new Battle.net up and ready, and the launch of Starcraft 2 next month they found time to get things going. I'm also curious to see how they will incorporate realID to different platforms in the future. Possible AIM? Facebook IM? cellphone APP? I have a feeling they aren't going to stay at the platform they're at now, but expand on it in the coming years.

Go check it out if you haven't already.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V