Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Post Movies: The Last Samurai
Posted 2004-01-05, 07:52 PM
No Disclaimer, you know the drill...

The Last Samurai, most notably starring Tom Cruise:

I don't know about the rest of you that saw this movie, but for me, it was definitely not on my first to see list. I was actually coaxed into seeing this before LoTR, but don't let my skepticism just now fool you, this was one kick-ass, top notch movie!

I can't remember exactly how long they said it took to shoot this full and through, but I do remember it was an extraordinary amount of time, in comparison to most movies. Let me tell you, boy did it show! Tom Cruise not only studied the ancient traditions and mentality of the Samurai, but he trained in the technical aspect as well. All the stunts and sword maneuvers were done by himself, no stunt double, which unless you've seen the movie, were incredible.

The entire film as a whole; acting, setting, storyline (although some people weren't fans), etc. was brilliant. When a movie gets the viewer to really have a heartfelt feeling for a person or belief, it is safe to say the movie was a success. Some say the storyline was pretty weak, but was compensated with the acting. I say that it couldn't have been done better. I'm glad they focused more on the way of the Samurai rather making it into a love driven story like other movies with similar plots have in the past. There was the perfect dose of fighting, love, and enrooting certain beliefs and knowledge.

I'm not going to give away anymore of the storyline than I already have, for it is one that is better to experience first hand, rather than through the text of another.

Tom Cruise did a superb job, and this movie absolutely gets a must see from Titusfied!

Rating: 9.1/10
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied