Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

My story on being banned
Posted 2003-06-11, 12:58 PM
Hi, after posting questions and seeing the moronic and immature replies, or should I say flames, that exist at the battle.net forum I have come here.

I was a Diablo user since the first game came out. When D2 was released I purchased it if I remember correctly the first day it was available at stores. I did not get on b.net till a while after due to the firewall I was using at home would not allow on-line gaming. Only after I upgraded did I see the fun that COULD be had playing online.

On b.net my first character I got up to lvl 62 without ever joining any parties or being rushed. After that I began to take the characters up a little faster, but still a lot of work was involved.

As of last week I had 8 characters all above lvl 90. I had at that point traded for some of the top items available, so I was pretty pleased with what I had. This took hours and hours of trading and doing MF searches.

But then, I log in one evening to eventually learn I was banned. Lost my Hardcore account as well as a mule account that had lots and lots of good items for trading. I at first thought this was a gross mistake and that Blizzard would correct their error, I was wrong.

I went so far as to calle Blizzards tech support and demanded to speak with a supervisor to at the very least explaing what happened. But first and foremost I demanded that someone investigate further for I knew that this was a major blunder on their part.

The most I was told was that the server had recieved illegal packets from my machine while I was logged on using these accounts. No more information was provided. Angry, sad, depressed that I was helpless I deleted D2 off of my computer.

My feelings on Blizzard have changed from great respect to utter disdain. I have no intentions or desire to go back to playing this game. Why would I if I have no assurences I would not loose my account again.

I do not, and have never hacked. In regards to b.net, especially. If some wish to hack that is their business completly,as long as it does not affect me personally I dont care.

What caused the illegal packets? I have no clue as blizzard would not even give me the time and date of the offense so I could see if it was even ME.

I think by now it is quite clear that the mass banning of 240,000 some accounts was meant to send a message, that those that got caught up innocently in these is a small price to pay. For me it was a large price to be sacrificed for their in-adequencies.

And for Blizzard, I can honestly say I have no more interest in purchasing any more of their titles. I spent $70 on this game alone and I do not wish to throw my money away. There are other interests in life I would rather pursue that wont waste my time. For now, that is all I can think of my time on b.net- A waste of time for nothing

Sincerely-Ex-Blizzard customer.

p.s. To any who think that there wasnt anyone "innocent" in this mass banning, think again, for YOU could be in the same boat as some of us next time round.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
anubis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenanubis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

anubis