Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Long Alterac Valley
Posted 2008-10-11, 11:48 AM
Some of you might not know about Lok, he is a level 80 elite who the horde can summon. Typically this doesn't happen because the games are so damn quick, this morning when I logged into AV it was a big battle mid field.

WoWScrnShot_101108_101826.jpg (this is Lok)

WoWScrnShot_101108_102150.jpg (this is how long the game was)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-11, 11:52 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "Long Alterac Valley"
Back before they ruined AV, I remember games going on for half a day sometimes. I remember sometimes I'd go to sleep, and when I woke up, the same battleground would be going. They were epic battles.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-11, 12:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Back before they ruined AV, I remember..."
Indeed. 41 minutes is nothing. I remember pretty routinely getting in ones that lasted multiple hours
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-10-11, 12:10 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Back before they ruined AV, I remember..."
Yea, the good old days of joining an AV at its start, playing for an hour, leaving, come back a few hours later and rejoining the same one was great.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2008-10-11, 01:15 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Yea, the good old days of joining an AV..."
I hate it when the battles last forever, I like getting my honor fast.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-11, 02:20 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I hate it when the battles last..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
I hate it when the battles last forever, I like getting my honor fast.
Seriously, who plays the game to have fun? Back to grinding!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-11, 02:47 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Seriously, who plays the game to have..."
41 minutes is actually a long time considered the state of AV now-a-days. I tend to run around anouncing that it is a game and we have to have fun, That statement typically follows someone saying, "You fucking cunts, learn how to fucking play you need to kill BAL!!! Fucking idiots, now we lost".

I also noticed that your gear doesn't mean jack shit in battlegrounds. Grats you can 1v1 someone to death, but can you 5v1? Doubtful, my Hanturd is so undergeared, yet im killing warlocks (in s3) left and right. Arena I'd get my ass handed to me on a silver platter, but what fun is arena? It's all about the battlegrounds.

I think the biggest reason world pvp sucks on WoW is how long it takes someone to get to where the battle is, also there is no indication of where any world pvp is going on. You are forced to run around in a ghosttown till you randomly find someone who is flagged, and odds are he is alone. Hrmm...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-11, 11:02 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "Long Alterac Valley"
Longest game ive been in was somewhere around 30 hours. That was FUN.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-10-12, 08:44 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Longest game ive been in was somewhere..."
Were you in it the entire time?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-13, 08:09 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Were you in it the entire time?"
Probably for 1/4th of the game. I also remember falling asleep and waking up to the same game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign