Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

PvP Guided Arrow need AR?

Posted 2004-08-26, 12:19 PM
This may seem like an obvious question, but I have a question about Guided Arrow. Because it "always hits", is there a point in pumping your attack rating at all? I know that with Freezing Arrow, AR will matter because the actual arrow itself will do damage as well as the cold, but I don't know how that works with Guided Arrow.

The reason I ask is that I am going to be making a PvP Guided Arrow amazon, and I don't know whether or not I should invest in Penetrate.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SkyGoneBlue is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSkyGoneBlue is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SkyGoneBlue

Posted 2004-08-26, 12:22 PM in reply to SkyGoneBlue's post "PvP Guided Arrow need AR?"
put atleast one into it becuz pierce is godly for what u dont use ga for
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-08-26, 12:23 PM in reply to Joka69's post starting "put atleast one into it becuz pierce is..."
Well, I wasn't planning on using any other attacks - just GA. It would be a dueling character, and no other arrow attack is really all that great for PvP (other than Multi-Shot, which WOULD require a big Penetrate investment).

So, for pure GA, is there any point at all to using Penetrate?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SkyGoneBlue is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSkyGoneBlue is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SkyGoneBlue

Posted 2004-08-26, 12:29 PM in reply to SkyGoneBlue's post starting "Well, I wasn't planning on using any..."
http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30475

That or you zon going to be suck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-08-26, 12:44 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?..."
Well, the guide is ok, but he really didn't justify his skill choices very well. ONE point in Lightning Strike is going to 1-3 hit kill? I don't think so - especially because most people duel in Nightmare and have at least one lightning absorb item (for FoHers and Trappers).

On top of that, the charms are ridiculously inflated. Obtaining charms like that on NL now would take a wealth that I sure as hell don't posess. The same goes for the equipment. While 40/15s are duped like hell, they're still hard to get. And, I don't play with duped items anyway, so a lot of what he recommended is out of the question.

So, I'm still left asking, should I use Penetrate or not?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SkyGoneBlue

Posted 2004-08-26, 12:51 PM in reply to SkyGoneBlue's post starting "Well, the guide is ok, but he really..."
Well... I really wouldn't recomand you make a zon then, if you only use her for duel, you sure will get... beaten very often.

And asnwer your question, penetrate = no.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga