Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Network Adapter
Posted 2002-08-17, 10:53 PM
I just recently got back from bestbuys I bought a network Hub and some network Wire so that I will be prepared when it comes out all i need is the Adapter, Socom, a mouse, and keyboard.

But my real question is how many of you are for sure gonna buy the Network Adapter and if you do will it be the day it comes out if not when?

If you do be sure to get Socom because I am planning on starting a zelaron clan and would like for it to become a great clan on there and would like for you to join us
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-08-17, 11:01 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
Well i alredy got my network adapter pre ordered and im going to be playing Socom. I just hope that the controls for Socom dont take the fun out of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
okok44 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenokok44 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

okok44

Posted 2002-08-18, 11:01 AM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
Quote:
Originally posted by okok44
Well i alredy got my network adapter pre ordered and im going to be playing Socom. I just hope that the controls for Socom dont take the fun out of it.
Yeah thats what I am worrying about too but I think it will be just fine due to what all the other previews of it have said

also when the network adapter comes out post your Screen Name up here so I can contact you and for what games
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-08-21, 07:11 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
i'll get it by christmas so i can play Final Fantasy 11. I might get it earlier to play madden 2003, which i already have. I still cant figure out weather or not i have to pay a monthly fee though
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-08-21, 07:37 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
Quote:
Originally posted by mightychicken
i'll get it by christmas so i can play Final Fantasy 11. I might get it earlier to play madden 2003, which i already have. I still cant figure out weather or not i have to pay a monthly fee though
it is all based upon the game developer about 85% of all the games are free no monthly you can just share the same connection with your comp if you have Broadband that is pretty simple but if you are running on a 56k it might be a bit more difficult.

I recently just had to buy a network router (a.k.a. Hub)
and some network wire and I am set besides the adapter of course

but if you do have to setup a new Isp just for the isp it'll cost you money also some games like ff11 has an extra fee much like Uo and everquest do for the pc
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-08-22, 07:07 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
heh, thanks for clearing that up
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-08-28, 02:28 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
They keep pushing back the release date for this here was supposed to be Tuesday now there saying thursday
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-08-29, 01:12 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
LOL I just got the adapter today and Have been playing it for a couple hours now to all of you who don't have it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-08-29, 01:15 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
well how well is it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-08-29, 07:27 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
It is hella fun on everything the only downside right now is the Socom server it's like diablo 2 when it first came out which = pure crap, I am always getting disconnected and lag but it is only with this game I have played all the demos on the Network disc and they have been 100% lag free

but Socom staff say they are working on fixing the problem so I hope it will become better I am moving up the ladders quickly on socom started at 1179 postion and now I am at 849
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-09-24, 10:39 AM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
Haha. By the second day I was ranked number 40. Man I wish they still had the ranking system active. Oh and this forum is probably dead, but for all of you hesitating to buy a network adapter, don't forget that it comes with a free mail in rebate for Twisted Metal Black: Online. Yeah, that's right, free! All you have to pay for is a 37 cent stamp.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-10-08, 08:06 AM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
ehm i was wondering if this is actually any better then the usb to ethernet adapter which made it possible to play thps3 online. does any1 know?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Omnikron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOmnikron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Omnikron

Posted 2002-10-14, 09:28 AM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
well...the truth is...if you buy the network adaptor itself, it has potential for hooping up the Hard drive which is comin' out next year! 40 GB I heard. yow, it's hot hot hot
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
First Step: Find your cousin.
Second Step: Get your cousin in the cannon.
Third Step: Find another cousin.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
VComegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenVComegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

VComegasin

Posted 2002-11-23, 03:59 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
Crap.. my Ps2 is about 3 rooms and 80 feet away from my broadband internet box :/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-11-23, 04:37 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
That sucks Xenn. My Playstation 2 is literally less than 2 inches from my computer, and about a foot away from my Hub. Oh happy days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-11-23, 04:59 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
True true... I just bought a 10 ft long cable and solved the problem! Need an advise Xenn?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
VComegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenVComegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

VComegasin

Posted 2002-11-23, 06:08 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
Quote:
Originally posted by Xenn
Crap.. my Ps2 is about 3 rooms and 80 feet away from my broadband internet box :/
Same problem I had but I bought a router and some network line, drilled a couple holes in some walls and it all worked out fine and was worth the money...

LoOk aT MeEh, I'm GaY!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Logic is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLogic is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Logic

Posted 2002-11-25, 09:33 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
Well...Xenn, there you go, problem solve; ahh, the greatness of a forum, and the wonder of friends, hahe
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

VComegasin

Posted 2002-11-25, 09:38 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
or he could just buy a wireless router of some sort

LoOk aT MeEh, I'm GaY!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Logic is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLogic is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Logic

Posted 2002-11-25, 09:41 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Network Adapter"
Now that would cost way too much money, but it's actually not a bad idea if you are the "richman" hahe
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

VComegasin