Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Pirates 2
Posted 2006-07-09, 08:25 PM
Has anybody seen it? I saw it and can say it might be my favorite movies. I love Knightly too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-07-09, 09:30 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "Pirates 2"
yea i saw it first showing... midnight. amazing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-07-11, 04:51 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "Pirates 2"
gruesomeBODY said:
Has anybody seen it? I saw it and can say it might be my favorite movies. I love Knightly too.
Not a bad movie at all, I'll say it was a lot darker than the first, with less focus on humor.

Still a great movie though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2006-07-11, 05:02 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "Pirates 2"
I haven't seen it yet but a friend of mine who has was pissed because she said it ended in a cliffhanger. What happened?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-07-11, 06:03 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I haven't seen it yet but a friend of..."
Sovereign said:
I haven't seen it yet but a friend of mine who has was pissed because she said it ended in a cliffhanger. What happened?
Don't really want to say, but it's a serious cliffhanger.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2006-07-11, 07:36 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Don't really want to say, but it's a..."
You know you want to leave us all in suspense for when we go to see the third one.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-07-11, 08:43 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "You know you want to leave us all in..."
It was a major cliffhanger and i think all of you will enjoy the movie, so im not going to spoil it for anybody. I am actually seeing it again tomorrow just because it was that good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-07-11, 09:56 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "It was a major cliffhanger and i think..."
There is a cliffhanger but it's nothing to be pissed over. I had heard that too but it wasn't serious enough ...it just leads into a whole new quest for them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-07-11, 11:48 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "It was a major cliffhanger and i think..."
Ugh. Just PM it to me. I never go to the movies anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-07-12, 01:23 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I haven't seen it yet but a friend of..."
yea i heard the 3rd will be out december but i've red may 25, 07
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-07-13, 12:22 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "yea i heard the 3rd will be out..."
Not a chance for December.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449088/

2007 there... interesting thing is that the synopsis talks abotu Captain Barbossa. He was killed in the first one, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-13, 01:00 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Not a chance for December. :p ..."
That's a spoiler, lenny =P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-07-13, 01:15 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "That's a spoiler, lenny =P."
Not really... it should be impossible, that should. The bugger's dead!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-13, 07:06 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Not really... it should be impossible,..."
I'm not gonna say anything. Watch the movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-07-17, 06:54 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "Pirates 2"
gruesomeBODY said:
You are talking about The Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest...right?

I saw that movie. It was so awesome. It wasn't as funny as the first one, but I still liked it better than the first.

- MLT

:.:The Young Ventriliquist.:.Planet Zot Forums.:.MediaMiner.Org:.:
|MLT is|Eyeing a piece yummy, fluffy cheese cake. I'm so hungry!! *gasp* It moved. o.o
{Harlan Ellison}"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MLT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMLT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MLT

Posted 2006-07-17, 09:56 PM in reply to MLT's post starting "You are talking about The Pirates of..."
I finally saw it.

Pirates 3 requires more humor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-07-18, 01:01 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I finally saw it. Pirates 3..."
Hopefully I'm going to Manchester on Saturday to see it with a coupe of friends.

And if we've got time and the money, we might go and see X-Men 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-22, 04:18 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Hopefully I'm going to Manchester on..."
In my honest opinion, there were more scenes of humour.

I mean, come on. Did the first have 10 minutes of Benny Hill style chasing, or a 3 man scuffle whilst the woman throws a paddy?

The cliffhanger is so mean! Bloody film-makers! So many questions to be answered though. And a lot for them to do.

All in all, great film! I'd definitely watch it again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-22, 08:19 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Not really... it should be impossible,..."
Spoilers? Who cares? If you don't want spoilers then don't read the rest of my post. You've been warned.

Aside from that, the monkey didn't die, and by the time they reintroduced him at the end of the movie, I had seen it coming. Actually...I rather enjoyed the scenes with the monkey. Such a cute little zombie monkey. Also, I found it odd amusing that no one even questioned the impromptu recruitment of the two bumbling pirates from the first movie. Yanno, the large guy and the guy with one eye. I don't bother to remember names. They'll forever be the Cross-Dressing Pirates to me. So pretty in frills and lace...

Moving on, Kiera's character, Elizabeth (duh), pissed me off in this movie. By the end of it I honestly loathed her and the decisions she made, however necessary they were. She came across as a tramp. And that look on Will's face when he saw her kissing Jack...Aw...Poor thing. Anyone else see the parallels between Will and Davy (Davie, Davey...I don't know) Jones?

All in all, I did enjoy the movie. The Tri-fight later on in the movie was highly amusing, imho.

I even stayed after the credits to watch the extra scene afterwards.

I don't recommend it. It wasn't worth the wait.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2006-07-23, 01:58 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Spoilers? Who cares? If you don't want..."
I fell asleep for half of it when I saw it last weekend. And no, I was not high or drunk; it just bored me that much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven