Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Power and Cable
Posted 2005-10-29, 09:00 AM
I lost both Monday due to Wilma but got Power back Thursday and cable just now... you know what, my room is fucking clean as shit tho. LOL! Boredom... very powerful sometimes
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2005-10-29, 10:17 AM in reply to Acer's post "Power and Cable"
So what'd you do mostly during the four days you didn't have power?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2005-10-29, 10:21 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "So what'd you do mostly during the four..."
Yard work, I have a big yard and its lots of trees and shit. Also my room, and most of all... i complained since I didnt have a shower since sunday... gross.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2005-10-29, 10:24 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "Yard work, I have a big yard and its..."
You scrub. At least you got it back now. If i was you, the very first thing I would have done would have been to take a shower.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-10-29, 10:35 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "You scrub. At least you got it back..."
Oh I did take a shower ASAP... what sucks is I have well water so my step-dad had to turn on the pump and get the air out of the lines... so after having power I still had to wait a few hours to take a shower. It felt so nice
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2005-10-29, 10:18 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "Oh I did take a shower ASAP... what..."
Lol, you must've smelled terrible from all the yard work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2005-10-29, 10:52 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "Lol, you must've smelled terrible from..."
Oh yeah, this is how I was thinking... "well since I cant take a shower, no problem doing yard work im already dirty"... eh wrong!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2005-10-30, 12:43 AM in reply to Acer's post "Power and Cable"
wouldn't it be cool if someone invented a low cost generator that ran on the gravitational or magnetic field of the earth that powered a whole entire house? now that would be something I would want to create! then you wouldn't have to worry about power failures.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2005-10-30, 01:54 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "wouldn't it be cool if someone invented..."
uhhh... ohk then big imagination..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2005-10-30, 03:06 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "wouldn't it be cool if someone invented..."
But how would you harness either 'power'? That's the real question. If you can work out that then the world is your oyster.

----------

Nice sig Rebel... The only problem is, Hitler was a political genius, and Bush ain't. Bush ain't even a genius.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-10-30, 09:40 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "But how would you harness either..."
well it's quite easy, in a respect. we already have generators utilizing a stationary magnetic field. and the magnetic field of the earth is changing polarity so slowly that it still might work. the only problem is that the field is quite weak when compared square foot for square foot of a regular generator. I could be wrong though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2005-10-30, 09:50 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "well it's quite easy, in a respect. we..."
Fair enough. I'd be more inclined to believe you than me.

I'd say it would be eaiser to use Gravity instead then. And I've got a nice picture in my head of a giant ball clacky thingy, you know the balls that clack against each other? You know the thing with 5 metal balls, you pull one up and let it fly into the three middle ones and the one on the other side swings out...

Yeah, so, picture of a giant one of those...really big. I'd say as tall as a block of flats...which is only around 20 floors around here...and someone stood on a ledge holding a ball I don't know how many times bigger than them, and harnessing that to get the energy...

I'm rambling, sorry.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-10-30, 09:54 AM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "uhhh... ohk then :rolleyes: big..."
PureRebel said:
uhhh... ohk then big imagination..
oh, and PureRebel, such "big imaginations" are where almost all if not all our technology comes from. So I wouldn't be talking if I were you. that computer you're typing on came from "big imaginations". have I made myself clear? Or do I have to keep repeating myself?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2005-10-30, 09:57 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Fair enough. I'd be more inclined to..."
what you're reffering to is called a pendulum. and still the magnetic energy from the earth can be enhanced in the same way electicity can be enhanced. I think......
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2005-10-30, 10:04 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "what you're reffering to is called a..."
So it is... Silly me.

Which would you say is the most powerful? The Earth's Gravitational- or Magnetic field?

I don't suppose both are directly linked are they? For one, both do attract objects...to some degree.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-10-30, 10:04 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "what you're reffering to is called a..."
I'm still working on a more beneficial machine that once started, it will continue to created energy. and don't tell me it's impossible because many people said that other things were impossible. yet they happened.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2005-10-30, 10:09 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "So it is... :) Silly me. Which would..."
hmmmm. gravitational or magnetic. hmmmmm............... well, since the gravitational field is affected by density and mass(but mainly density), and the magnetic field isn't.............. I'd say it's like comparing an orange and an apple. both are fruit, but the work in different ways. in essence, inconclusive at this point, but my opinion? I'd say the gravitaional field is stronger. why? because the moon is kept on orbit, not because of the magnetic field, but because of the gravitational one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2005-10-30, 10:11 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "I'm still working on a more beneficial..."
A true...oh bugger, I've forgotten what you call them...begins with P.

Anyway, a true P------ machine is impossible. You can come close to creating one, for example a machine that will power itself for hundreds of years, but it will eventually stop. A machine that powers itself forever is impossible to build at this point in time. We don't have the technology for it.

Don't tell me the word...I'll get it eventually.

Also, I'm not trying to be pushy or anything, but could you try putting all your answers in one post? Please? My head's beginning to hurt seeing how many posts I gotta reply to...

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-10-30 at 10:14 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-10-30, 10:15 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "A true...oh bugger, I've forgotten what..."
thats the word I was looking for! perpetual! anyway. I was referring to the relative sense of "forever". yes the parts will wear down, but I'm trying to find a way that the energy part of it won't wear out.

edit: oops! sorry lenny. my bad. umm. I've got to go real soon. I'll be back in about 3-4 hours most likely 3

Last edited by sciencekid; 2005-10-30 at 10:18 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2005-10-30, 10:20 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "thats the word I was looking for!..."
Oh...you told me...

I got the first letter right...

Of course the parts will wear down, but in this day and age it isn't possible to build a Perpetual Motion machine. The energy will run out, even if only after a very long time period.

I think the first example of a Perpetual Machine was a self-winding clock? Something to do with the hands going around that wound the clock...I don't know for sure. But it lasted a few hundred years before it finally stopped.

The energy will run out until we can find something that is 100% efficient. Until then, Perpetual Motion machines will always stop in the end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny