Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Superman Returns!
Posted 2004-10-21, 04:24 AM
From IGN.com

October 20, 2004 - The wait is over. It is official: relatively unknown actor Brandon James Routh has been selected to succeed the late Christopher Reeve as the next big-screen Superman for Warner Brothers and director Bryan Singer. Although both Variety and The Hollywood Reporter reveal that no deal has been finalized, Singer himself has apparently confirmed the casting of the 25-year-old, 6'2" Iowan...

...Singer said that "this was indeed the official casting as of just today. He went on to elaborate on his previous intention of casting an unknown, and that Routh was amazing talented. He said that he personified the 3 characters he would have to embody: 1. young Clark Kent 2. Clark Kent's "Daily Planet disguise" and 3. Superman."

Here are a few pics of the next Superman for you.

Click for pic #1

Click for pic #2

Click here for the full article.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-10-21, 04:49 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Superman Returns!"
lol he kinda looks like christopher reeve in the second pic
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-10-21, 06:05 AM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "lol he kinda looks like christopher..."
yay, i like superman
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-10-21, 06:17 AM in reply to iceman887's post starting "yay, i like superman"
For those of you who are unaware, Bryan Singer, the man directing Superman Returns, was the director of both of the recent X-Men films. He left X-Men to pursue the new Superman movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-10-21, 07:21 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "For those of you who are unaware, Bryan..."
Bryan Singer is awesome. Question about him leaving the X-Men movies though, is he still going to do a third or aren't they doing one at all? If they do, better be by him or it won't be quite the same.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2004-10-21, 10:43 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post starting "Bryan Singer is awesome. Question..."
The third one will be directed by someone else entirely. IGN mentioned the name of the guy, and I honestly can't remember who it was. This new Superman movie is going to keep Singer tied up until 2006, and Marvel isn't going to wait for him.

There's a Wolverine spin-off in the works also, but it's being brought into question whether or not Hugh Jackman will play the lead role in it. Honestly, I can't see anyone else playing Logan. I'm not a huge X-Men fan, but if they brought someone else in, even I would be livid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-10-21, 11:39 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "The third one will be directed by..."
well this means superman should be impressive but im scared for x-men
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-10-22, 01:11 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Superman Returns!"
He looks hispanic in the first pic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-10-28, 10:35 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Superman Returns!"
I don't like him.

He doesn't look right for Superman, IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-28, 05:45 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I don't like him. He doesn't look..."
or is it maybe you are use to a look like christopher reeve like i am use to a look like pierce bronsan for james bond and if someone changes for him or if i see old movies of james bond, i still think pierce bronsan is the better person for james bond
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-10-28, 05:51 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "or is it maybe you are use to a look..."
I haven't seen any Superman movies/etc since I was like 10. He just doesn't look right.

His facial structure, I mean...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-28, 07:27 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I haven't seen any Superman movies/etc..."
So you chexxxin him out, niga.

Anyways, sucks to see that xmen is abandoned.

Oh well
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-10-28, 10:45 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "So you chexxxin him out, niga. ..."
X-Men isn't abandoned, Singer just isn't helming it anymore. The rumors going around are that Joss Whedon, the cretor of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, will be directing X3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-10-28, 10:53 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "X-Men isn't abandoned, Singer just..."
never cared for that show but i guess im not a big tv watcher. I just hope this guy can continue with another good movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

timmay1113

Posted 2004-10-28, 11:03 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I don't like him. He doesn't look..."
I agree... He needs a larger upper body to be superman. Maybe some more hair.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-10-28, 11:09 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "I agree... He needs a larger upper..."
I was thinking his jaw line looked all kinds of wrong, as an addition.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-28, 11:27 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I was thinking his jaw line looked all..."
Personally, I think he looks perfect for the role.

He's certainly a much better choice than Nicholas Cage or Jim Caviezel (Jesus, from The Passion of the Christ). They were the two biggest names being thrown around most recently.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-10-28, 11:29 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Personally, I think he looks perfect..."
Okay. The least of 3 evils?

He wins out of those choices.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-28, 11:38 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Personally, I think he looks perfect..."
Jesus as batman...

heh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign