Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

World of Warcraft : Cataclysm
Posted 2010-01-26, 10:50 AM
I had not even known about this until about a week or two ago (living under a rock).
http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft:_Cataclysm

BORKED

BORKED

BORKED

BORKED

Worgen

Goblin

Wow Wiki said:
The following is a list of highlights from BlizzCon 2009.

Level cap increased to 85.

Zones are destroyed by lava in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.

The Barrens has been split into two, and is full of canyons of lava.

Wetlands is destroyed, Ashenvale hit as well. The Maelstrom churns.

New race for the Alliance: Worgen
Classes: death knight, druid, hunter, mage, priest, rogue, warlock and warrior.

New race for the Horde: Goblins
Classes: death knight, hunter, mage, priest, rogue, shaman, warlock and warrior.

New Race / Class combinations. See the chart below. These will be available only to those who have purchased the expansion.

New monsters, quests, and zones

Several new dungeons and raids
3 new battlegrounds (including "Battle for Gilneas City" [2]) and a new Wintergrasp-like PvP zone, Tol Barad
Classic zones forever changed by the Cataclysm. The changes will be made available to all players regardless of expansion purchase.

Ability to fly anywhere due to the Azeroth revamp. The blood elf and draenei starting zones will still be instanced.

Guild advancement system, which includes guild leveling, talents, achievements, and accessories.
Revamped character progression via the Paths of the Titans, Archaeology (the new secondary profession), and Ancient glyphs.

Rated battlegrounds, an alternative way to earn arena points

Ragnaros was banished in the Molten Core, but has now returned to burn Nordrassil.

Malfurion Stormrage has returned from the Emerald Dream to help defend Hyjal.

Profession level cap raised to 525 and will be named Illustrious <Profession>.

New ability for Jewelcrafters, Engineers, Blacksmiths, Leatherworkers and Tailors called "Reforging"
Stat changes:

Haste for casters is unchanged.

Mastery is being added. Mastery will provide a bonus based on the talent tree which has the most points in it, such as armor penetration or cooldown reduction.

MP5 is being removed, all healing specs will rely on spirit for mana regeneration. Holy paladins and restoration shamans may get mana regeneration talents like Intensity and Meditation, or the 5 second rule may be removed. Spell DPS classes will no longer rely on spirit for mana regeneration, and spirit will no longer be on spell DPS gear.

Spell power is being removed from items.

Characters will gain spell power from intellect much like how they currently gain attack power from agility and strength.
Many passive talents with generic bonuses, such as increased critical strike chance, damage reduction or increased healing, and specifically those that provide bonuses to buffs and perhaps debuffs, are being removed, and each talent tree will provide passive bonuses based on the number of points invested in it.
New water rendering engine.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-01-26, 04:57 PM in reply to D3V's post "World of Warcraft : Cataclysm"
Ok, I have known about the goblins for some time now, but never have I had the urge to revamp my current shaman into one. It shall be done, lol I'm stoked for that reason alone.

Goblin Shaman
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-01-27, 07:14 AM in reply to D3V's post "World of Warcraft : Cataclysm"
Quote:
Profession level cap raised to 525 and will be named Illustrious <Profession>
Wait, what?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2010-01-27, 08:11 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Wait, what?"
I think they're saying the next level of training for professions will be "Illustrious", like Artisan, Master, etc. That's what I gather from the statement anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-01-27, 08:23 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think they're saying the next level..."
Yeah it will just be naming of the new plateau?

Quote:
Ok, I have known about the goblins for some time now, but never have I had the urge to revamp my current shaman into one. It shall be done, lol I'm stoked for that reason alone.

Goblin Shaman
That would be awesome! I'm looking forward to playing as a goblin too. I remember way back when we would joke about being able to play as a goblin one day back during original WoW days and now it's finally upon us. Beta testing has apparently been going on for a good time now, so i'd assume it's pretty close to RC (release client) which could mean it would drop this year sometime.

Goblins vs Gnomes lol.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-01-27, 08:27 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah it will just be naming of the new..."
It will almost certainly be out this year, before Christmas, if not months before.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-01-27, 08:31 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It will almost certainly be out this..."
Here are some Cataclysm screenshots.

Quote:
In addition to the new races, the current races are being granted new race/class combinations. The new Alliance race combinations are:

Dwarf Mage
Dwarf Shaman
Gnome Priest
Human Hunter
Night Elf Mage
The new Horde race combinations are:

Blood Elf Warrior
Orc Mage
Tauren Paladin
Tauren Priest
Troll Druid
Undead Hunter

Quote:

Last edited by D3V; 2010-01-27 at 09:21 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-27, 10:03 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Here are some Cataclysm screenshots. ..."
Worgen spelled backwards is Negrow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-01-27, 10:32 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Worgen spelled backwards is Negrow."
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to -Spector- again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-01-27, 10:45 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Worgen spelled backwards is Negrow."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
Worgen spelled backwards is Negrow.
Lmfao, wow. Great observation

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V