Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Website Stuff!
Posted 2008-07-10, 04:39 AM
Technically, this is related to game content.

/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\
 ̄ ̄\o/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\o/ ̄ ̄
\o_____STUFF_____o/

Anyways, post screenshots of the game and ideas of what content should be on the site.

I'll post shots of the site in progress, and then I'll have a link soon enough.

:D

/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\
 ̄ ̄\o/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\o/ ̄ ̄
\o_____NOTES_____o/

I can't do ActionScript orientated sites, as I've yet to learn it.

The site is completely XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, and SQL based.

/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\
 ̄ ̄\o/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\o/ ̄ ̄
\o_____WED-G_____o/

Post Color Schemes. I've decided that three color schemes will be efficient.
Post Logo, unless you want me to create one. I use Photoshop CS3.

Do you want an admin area? I've created a thing I called the ADMIN ~ SHELL. It's incomplete and the script is secret to anyone on the outside.
-Features (As of right now | This was made for my neighbors company | This is different than the old version that I posted for help about just a little while ago)
Secure Log in/out
-Link to admin area will be put at the top of each page when logged in.
-Will show your username at the top, along with the server time (ESP) when logged in.
Page Maker
Page Editor
-Each Page will have an edit button in it if logged in.
Page Deleter
Logged log in/out data
Logged error data
|I've designed, however haven't implemented a IP tracker. It will log the data of when someone has entered the site only once per day.
Gives you the power to change comments (Read below) when logged in.
I'm trying to think of more features.

Do you want a hug?

Do you want a comment posting area? To see an example, go to my, cheap, Custom Blupdate (Blog + Update). http://sourcecode.nrgsrpg.com/blog.php/pps.php Post a comment to see what it's like.
-All comments will be logged. (to keep from spammers, like the one that was on my site just days ago.)
SIDE NOTE: I am not using GET methods to make themes anymore. GET method sucked when I started it, and it sucks now. I thought it would be cool to not put cookies on a persons computer, however it is just a pain in the butt. Anyways, I can now just make a little button at the bottom that says "Clear Site Cookies!"

Do you like being hurled with questions?

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-07-10 at 04:44 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-07-10, 03:33 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "Website Stuff!"
I'll get to it when I get time. Most likely tonight as I do not have to open tomorrow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-07-11, 12:51 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I'll get to it when I get time. Most..."
Wed-G said: [Goto]
I'll get to it when I get time. Most likely tonight as I do not have to open tomorrow.

Err, the only thing I need, now that I realize it, is the themes.

Basically, I was making the pictures when I realized that if I had different areas selected when producing the pictures. Then the themes I'm going to be trying to apply might be off when I make them. None of that may have made sense, but I need the themes to continue making the site.

Themes so far.

Black & Orange_______
Black & Red__________
Black & Dark Blue_____

Also, a logo at any point would be nice. That way I could make the top of the page.

Oh, also, read up on what colors do in relation to people. http://members.aol.com/nonverbal3/color.htm

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-07-11 at 05:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-07-11, 03:11 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Err, the only thing I need, now that I..."
Well, the theme of the game will be dark, so

Black and orange,
Black and red,
Black and dark blue
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-07-11, 05:59 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Well, the theme of the game will be..."
Thank you very much!
--
Ignore what was here before...it didn't come out the way was I intending it to sound.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-07-12 at 02:29 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-07-18, 01:13 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Thank you very much! -- Ignore what..."
/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\
 ̄ ̄\o/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\o/ ̄ ̄
\o_____ADMIN_____o/

Hey Wed-G, since I'm actually working on my completely custom, from scratch, Blog Webware right now. Would like to have something like it implemented. Meaning, you can post stuff right into it and it will fit right into the page layouts and designs. Only negative side to it right now, is that I'm trying to figure out how to pull the last three items from a database and put them down. It auto_increments the items, and I can display them all. I can set it to be certain numbers. However, that won't help. Woops, I'm off topic, so do you want that as part of it?

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-07-18, 02:01 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\  ̄ ̄\o/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\o/ ̄ ̄..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\
 ̄ ̄\o/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\o/ ̄ ̄
\o_____ADMIN_____o/

Hey Wed-G, since I'm actually working on my completely custom, from scratch, Blog Webware right now. Would like to have something like it implemented. Meaning, you can post stuff right into it and it will fit right into the page layouts and designs. Only negative side to it right now, is that I'm trying to figure out how to pull the last three items from a database and put them down. It auto_increments the items, and I can display them all. I can set it to be certain numbers. However, that won't help. Woops, I'm off topic, so do you want that as part of it?
Sure. I'd have to see it as I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2008-07-18, 04:08 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Sure. I'd have to see it as I have..."
Sure. I'd have to see it as I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

It's my custom Blog Software (I'm calling it webware because it's via internet), that I dubbed "Blupdate" RC1. Alpha and Beta were awful and not as controlled. Release Candidate 1 is much more professional and has a much more friendly user interface, not to mention it is completely rewritten.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-07-19, 04:33 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "It's my custom Blog Software (I'm..."
Well, I built this today in about 2-hours time. Is this what you're looking for? If not, I'll refine it to your liking or I'll completely redo it.

http://nonsensegaming.nrgsrpg.com

Warning: The site may or may not work in Internet Explorer. I hate internet explorer and don't like playing by its coding standards.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-07-19 at 04:41 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-07-19, 05:07 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Well, I built this today in about..."
This was what I was aiming for http://nonsensegaming.tripod.com/

And I don't like IE either. But, see if you could combine style and feel and I'd probably like it much better.

It's not that I don't like it, it just doesn't flow with me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2008-07-19, 05:28 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "This was what I was aiming for..."
This was what I was aiming for http://nonsensegaming.tripod.com/

And I don't like IE either. But, see if you could combine style and feel and I'd probably like it much better.

It's not that I don't like it, it just doesn't flow with me.

That's gold, not orange. Eek, gold would be nicer looking.

Anyways, do you know anything about XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, and SQL? It seems to me that you want to have people join with the link "Profiles." That would require a very complicated script.

Anyways, I'm making "The Seven" main page. I don't know about the Nonsense Gaming homepage.

Also, I dislike some of that template. They extended the row out too long, looks very lousy in the eye of a designer.

To add on

Whomever made it, made it very badly.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

Me
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

Proper design is the only way to go.

---
Alright outside of that, do you, for some reason, want no borders? That will make it harder on the user, believe me.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-07-19, 06:40 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "That's gold, not orange. Eek, gold..."
Well, I made that in about fifteen minutes with a template, and I know you're making the Seven's page.

And I'm not sure where the no border part is coming from. There's borders on both our pages.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2008-07-19, 07:06 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Well, I made that in about fifteen..."
Well, I made that in about fifteen minutes with a template, and I know you're making the Seven's page.

And I'm not sure where the no border part is coming from. There's borders on both our pages.

I was just looking at your page, and I see no visible borders. Visible borders are important. That is, unless the page fades on the left and right from another color.

Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to increase the colspan to 5 and have the edges repeat-y with a fade-like picture. It should come out nicer.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-07-19 at 07:09 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-08-01, 07:57 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I was just looking at your page, and I..."
I was just thinking about this. Why don't you make a fancy, or however you want to make it, site in Photoshop. Then upload it somewhere. I'll download and turn it into a webpage.

--
See, I have a problem coming up with my own designs. I'm going to officially open up a free service soon. Anyone who wants something, has to over define it, otherwise I won't make it. For approx 3-months I'll be doing this. All of my designs are going into portfolio. :3

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-08-01, 08:10 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I was just thinking about this. Why..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
I was just thinking about this. Why don't you make a fancy, or however you want to make it, site in Photoshop. Then upload it somewhere. I'll download and turn it into a webpage.

--
See, I have a problem coming up with my own designs. I'm going to officially open up a free service soon. Anyone who wants something, has to over define it, otherwise I won't make it. For approx 3-months I'll be doing this. All of my designs are going into portfolio. :3
Aight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G