Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Battle Charset problems
Posted 2004-05-25, 01:33 PM
I am trying to make my own charset for battleing using the sprites from the regular charset (editing them). The only problem I have is when I put them onto a image that the RPG Maker reads to put into the game, it comes up as black when I try to select that charset from the animation 2 tab.

anyone know where i am screwing up??? thanks in advance.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zenth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZenth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zenth

Posted 2004-05-25, 08:24 PM in reply to Zenth's post "Battle Charset problems"
*SUMMON BLUECUBE*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ograx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenograx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ograx

Posted 2004-05-26, 10:23 AM in reply to Zenth's post "Battle Charset problems"
Zenth said:
I am trying to make my own charset for battleing using the sprites from the regular charset (editing them). The only problem I have is when I put them onto a image that the RPG Maker reads to put into the game, it comes up as black when I try to select that charset from the animation 2 tab.

anyone know where i am screwing up??? thanks in advance.
It's probably the old 256 color problem. Go into MSPaint and open up the "black" pictures, and use Save As to change them into a 256 Color Bitmap. Import it through the standard way (Tools - Resource Manager) and it should be fine.

You can probably save it as 256 colors in other editors as well, but I wouldn't know where to do that since I only use MSPaint. If you don't like MSPaint, use your editor's Help menu to figure out how to convert it to 256 colors.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-05-26, 01:12 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "It's probably the old 256 color..."
BlueCube said:
It's probably the old 256 color problem. Go into MSPaint and open up the "black" pictures, and use Save As to change them into a 256 Color Bitmap. Import it through the standard way (Tools - Resource Manager) and it should be fine.

You can probably save it as 256 colors in other editors as well, but I wouldn't know where to do that since I only use MSPaint. If you don't like MSPaint, use your editor's Help menu to figure out how to convert it to 256 colors.
That was it! thanks a bunch! I use Macromedia Fireworks, but I can just as easily edit it in there, and then open it in MS paint and change it into what I need.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zenth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZenth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zenth

Posted 2004-06-04, 01:29 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "It's probably the old 256 color..."
BlueCube said:

yea hes right I found that a problem when i started using IDraw i didnt notice that it had to be in 256 color until i draw sai d ???Dib for anything higher 256 color in BMP format remeber that when using programs such as psp photoshop and that program that comes with your comp ... o yea paint haha
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Aurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Aurvian

Posted 2004-06-10, 11:50 PM in reply to Zenth's post "Battle Charset problems"
please help; i am having a different problem. I download Battle charsets from a site and i put them in the battlechar folder and they are png files the importer shows them there but only the standard battle sprites are there to use on the create a character screen..... thanx in advance for any help or advice[FONT=Arial]undefined
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
chrono_trigger_ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenchrono_trigger_ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

chrono_trigger_

Posted 2004-06-11, 12:22 AM in reply to chrono_trigger_'s post starting "please help; i am having a different..."
chrono_trigger_ said:
please help; i am having a different problem. I download Battle charsets from a site and i put them in the battlechar folder and they are png files the importer shows them there but only the standard battle sprites are there to use on the create a character screen..... thanx in advance for any help or advice[FONT=Arial]undefined
You have to import them into your array.To do this click on a blank number in your animations 2 tab.Then load you battleset,after this you just have to match up the animations for weapons and skills etc.When you clck on the poses tab it will take you to wher you put in your character.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ograx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenograx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ograx

Grin
Posted 2004-06-11, 12:54 AM in reply to ograx's post starting "You have to import them into your..."
ograx said:
You have to import them into your array.To do this click on a blank number in your animations 2 tab.Then load you battleset,after this you just have to match up the animations for weapons and skills etc.When you clck on the poses tab it will take you to wher you put in your character.
thank you so much now i must be off to upload all of the 300 char sets i downloaded T_T my only solace is to know i am making my own rpg thanx again
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
chrono_trigger_ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenchrono_trigger_ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

chrono_trigger_