Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post Anyway to open/use programs from the net.
Posted 2003-09-11, 11:32 AM
Lets say that I'm on an User account for Windows XP. And the Admin has made it to where I can't use the start button. Is there anway I can click some link on the internet so it will open up a folder that I can use programs from?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2003-09-11, 12:08 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Anyway to open/use programs from the..."
Uh, File|Save As on IE?

Edit: 
Or, try this: Your C drive
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-09-11, 03:25 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Anyway to open/use programs from the..."
I see abit of sarcasism
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2003-09-13, 07:39 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Anyway to open/use programs from the..."
Nazi school admins?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-09-13, 08:08 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Anyway to open/use programs from the..."
You can navigate your hard drives using your web browser... just type "C:\" in the address line because WetWired's link doesn't work for me.

Il papa caca nei legno?

Last edited by RoboticSilence; 2003-09-13 at 08:11 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-09-15, 09:56 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Anyway to open/use programs from the..."
If you can get it on the computer, this program is loads of fun... It's an almost complete user interface to to the Windows ShellExecuteEx API.
Fill in the name of the file to execute under filename, an action verb from the registry for verb (depending on the target type, open, edit, print, explore may work), specify any parameters, and if needed a working directory. You can even choose how the main window is displayed upon execution (assuming a standards conforming app). My favorite feature is the "Class or GUID" option. Rename an executable from .exe to .txt . Put the name of the file in filename, then check the Class or GUID box and write in "exefile" next to it, then hit enter. You can make Windows run a file as if it is any type you choose. The option is also given of using the legacy ShellExecute API instead of ShellExecuteEx by pressing the appropriate button; note, however, that some features will not be used.

Incidentally, I didn't write this program with bypassing security measures in mind; my original purpose was to try to figure out how to use ShellExecuteEx to tell Windows to syncronise my Briefcase.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-09-15, 09:57 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Anyway to open/use programs from the..."
Attachment eaten by preview...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired