Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

The army life..
Posted 2009-07-03, 07:46 PM
Wow its been a while sence i have posted on here. Just graduated BCT and am currently in AIT.

BCT was definetly the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, and will probably be the hardest thing i will ever do in my life. Smoked for so long.. lol.

AIT so far is looking very promising. We arrived last night around 0100 and have been given the ok to roam the base until monday. Our first official formation is monday at 1800 so we have some time. We are allowed to keep all of our electronics here and I will be getting a laptop here shortly so I will be able to post more often. Right now I am on a friends laptop. Post again soon, just giving a friendly little update on what I have been doing.

Scout's Out, No Ground to Give, Victory Starts Here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2009-07-03, 11:40 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "The army life.."
BCT=?
AIT=?

I'm glad you're doing well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-07-04, 04:32 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "BCT=? AIT=? I'm glad you're doing..."
I assume BCT is some kind of Boot Camp?

Or maybe not... Brigade Combat Team: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigade_combat_team

AIT, on the other hand, is Advanced Individual Training.

---

Sounds like fun, Kazilla. Continued good luck to you!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-07-04, 09:27 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "The army life.."
I hate military time...

Great to see you anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-07-04, 11:23 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "The army life.."
I... don't remember you. Hi!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-07-04, 04:18 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I assume BCT is some kind of Boot Camp?..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
I assume BCT is some kind of Boot Camp?

Or maybe not... Brigade Combat Team: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigade_combat_team
No. Not for his case. A Brigade Combat Team is Army soldiers already completely trained and ready to goto war. He just started the army so BCT for him means Basic Army Training.

By the way, welcome to the army noob.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-07-04, 05:24 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "No. Not for his case. A Brigade Combat..."
BAT == BCT?

Makes sense, what with them taking just about anyone.

---

Would you care to explain to us what takes place in each stage of training? Or just give us a general idea?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-07-04, 10:29 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "BAT == BCT? Makes sense, what with..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
BAT == BCT?

Makes sense, what with them taking just about anyone.

---

Would you care to explain to us what takes place in each stage of training? Or just give us a general idea?
Errr my bad, I just got back from 15 hours of flight when I wrote that.

BCT = Basic Combat Training.

Nice catch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-07-05, 09:13 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "BAT == BCT? Makes sense, what with..."
Basically, as some of you might know and as some might not. There is three phases to BCT (Basic Combat Training). Red, White, Blue (there is another phase called "Graduation Phase" but it doesn't really count)

Red Phase is basically hell. It is where you are more worthless then shit. You are just allowed to breath, you have no say in any matter and you are best off just sitting back shutting up and taking it like a make. Red phase is group smoking (basically getting made to do push-ups and w/e else they see fit)

White Phase is where you begin to earn some respect, they respect that you have made it this far, you are still worthless but are allowed some freedom. The Drill Sergeants take a back seat and let the PG (platoon guide) lead the group. The PG and Squad Leader's are mainly held accountable for individual's fuck ups.

Blue phase is where you matter. Drill Sergeants relax and you stop getting smoked. You basically wake up do your training and go to sleep. You're not so worthless at this point.

My BCT went; Red > White > Red > Graduation. So we actually completely skipped Blue Phase which is odd.

I did really well at BCT, never got myself smoked or my platoon. The only issue I had was being in such bad shape. PT was incredibly hard for me, and i struggled all cycle. I failed almost every PT test, including the EOC APFT (End of Cycle Army Physical Fitness Test). I was allowed a retake where I passed.

pushups - 57%
situps - 70%
2mr (mile run) - 52%

For BCT passing grade is 50% in each category. In AIT passing is 60% in each, so I still have some work to do.

I am on a MI Base, so most anything I do here is secret and I can't talk about it which is weird. I am a 35M (Human Intelligence Collector). We don't really know when class is going to start. We have heard from people who have been here that some have waited as long as 4 weeks to start. If thats the case I will get pushed over to Echo company and their 2 man dorms .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2009-07-05, 11:20 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Basically, as some of you might know..."
Interesting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-07-05, 07:04 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Interesting."
Doesn't sound very fun..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-07-06, 09:54 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Doesn't sound very fun.."
When you get in the real army, you want to get a 260 or higher on your PT test or else you will probally have to do PT twice daily. Unless your in a non combat arms unit, but seeing as your a 35M and male you probally will be stuck in a S2 shop in a infantry/scout/tanker unit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-07-06, 09:55 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Doesn't sound very fun.."
You're right. The advertisements should clearly state "Not Fun." as a warning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2009-07-06, 10:02 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "You're right. The advertisements should..."
I think the marine advertisements state that or something similar.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-07-06, 10:03 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I think the marine advertisements state..."
I like the second one. It made me laugh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2009-07-06, 10:11 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I like the second one. It made me laugh."
Sounds like a lot of work Kaz, but it won't be too bad man.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-06, 11:28 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Sounds like a lot of work Kaz, but it..."
Im not looking forward to getting stationed with infantry :/. Lol I still have a lot to learn about the army life. I really havent even seen the real army yet. I guess in about 3 weeks we have an APFT and if we pass that and a little inspection then we move to phase 5+ which for us here in Huachuca is as close as it gets to the real army. I am looking forward to start my AIT schooling though. I heard it might be anywhere from 2-4 weeks before we start, but we will find out more hopefully at tonights formation. Write some more later.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2009-07-06, 11:32 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Im not looking forward to getting..."
Lol AIT is nothing like the real army, even when you get to 5+ you think your top shit compared to the other new guys coming into AIT. But you will get to your unit, and if its infantry you will get treated like shit for awhile, until you prove yourself with drinking skills or whatever. Oh and total freedom to do whatever the hell you want to in your off time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-07-06, 12:59 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Lol AIT is nothing like the real army,..."
college > military still.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-06, 02:42 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "college > military still."
I would agree with that assessment.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav