Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Game art
Posted 2006-09-13, 11:00 AM
This will be challenge i need to make a female worrior for video game so i can put it in my portfolio. Here what i got so far in hour.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2006-09-13, 11:19 AM in reply to osmoses-jones's post "Game art"
Ooooh! I recognise that interface. Maya, right?

Not bad work for an hour. I'd still be wondering how to make the wireframe after that time.

How long have you got to make it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-09-13, 12:04 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ooooh! I recognise that interface...."
Have you tried Silo at all osmoses? I think Silo is the best modeler out there. It only cost $109. The only downside is, that is all it does is modeling. You need to import the finished model into another program for animating/rending/hair/etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-09-13, 07:49 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Have you tried Silo at all osmoses? I..."
Never tried it i tried 3ds max, maya and blender. For now i will use maya and i will use zbrush when my crappy school get it. I will update later just came from work got to rest and watch godfather .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2006-09-14, 11:57 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "Never tried it i tried 3ds max, maya..."
For a game model isn't that way too detailed? Also wtf quads for a game?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2006-09-15, 01:15 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "For a game model isn't that way too..."
In silo you can do a tesalate to turn the model into all tris. Also that doesnt not that detailed for a game model. He has a few useless polys on the stomach, but hey this isnt a game model for sega saturn!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy