Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Exclamation Zelaron Multiplayer Games
Posted 2008-01-22, 07:00 AM
Here's an idea.

Multi-Player Zelaron games.

As simple as that, there's millions of games i'm sure that would be easy to implement into VB, and if not, atleast mirror the links and have a shoutbox installed so we chould chat real-time or something.

Games like, Battleship, CHESS, Checkers, Scrabble, Boggle, etc. Fun games to burn the time away, i'm sure if it generated enough intrest (as we hope much things would) we could setup real tournaments or something, just to have some fun. I'd enjoy a few rounds of chess against a few of you, it's been forever since i've really played honestly and i'd like a good test.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-22, 10:43 AM in reply to D3V's post "Zelaron Multiplayer Games"
I mean, here's a forum for it I haven't read much yet but the capabilities seem to be out there.

http://www.arcadevb.com/

http://www.arcadevb.com/arcade.php??

But I would really like more-so checkers/chess etc. I know there would be some interest if this could somehow be implemented, and then just go from there.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-22, 07:28 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I mean, here's a forum for it I haven't..."
I'll have a look at your links once I'm using a real computer rather than a cellphone. I've wanted to set up multiplayer games for Zelaron once again (anyone remember Tank Wars?) for quite some time, but none of the available arcade games have been satisfactory. VBArcade has support for multiplayer games, but I haven't gotten any of them to work well yet.

We could always get a SmartFoxServer Pro license and develop our own games in ActionScript...

D3V said:
I mean, here's a forum for it I haven't read much yet but the capabilities seem to be out there.

http://www.arcadevb.com/

http://www.arcadevb.com/arcade.php??

But I would really like more-so checkers/chess etc. I know there would be some interest if this could somehow be implemented, and then just go from there.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-01-22, 08:39 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I'll have a look at your links once I'm..."
Do it Chruser daddy, do it!

I dig the idea, for sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2008-01-22, 10:59 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I'll have a look at your links once I'm..."
Ah so many middle school memories of tank wars.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-01-23, 07:28 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Ah so many middle school memories of..."
Ah chruser, you the man! I remember tank wars back in the day, ROFL. That even would be excellent... hmm let us know if you can find anything that is adaptable.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-02-04, 08:50 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Ah chruser, you the man! I remember..."

Bump

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-02-04, 12:31 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "* Bump"
Um, I'd be game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-03-12, 07:57 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Um, I'd be game."
Any updates? I played tank wars the other day on my brother's Wii.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-03-12, 09:32 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Any updates? I played tank wars the..."
If I'm not burnt out by the time I finish my Chatbox todo list, I plan on using the experience gained working on it to implement some simple two player board games, such as go, checkers, othello, and perhaps chess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-03-12, 10:34 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "If I'm not burnt out by the time I..."
<3 Wetwired, all of the negative shit I have talked/and continue to talk about you will temporairily go out the door if you can implement these new ideas, thanks again for putting fourth the hard work and getting this done I really am appreciative even if I don't let it show.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-03-12, 10:48 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "If I'm not burnt out by the time I..."
WetWired said:
If I'm not burnt out by the time I finish my Chatbox todo list, I plan on using the experience gained working on it to implement some simple two player board games, such as go, checkers, othello, and perhaps chess.
You're awesome, WW.

I'll keep looking into Tank War-esque games and other 4+ player games. I've been extremely busy with school lately, but things should get a bit better on Friday and forth.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-03-12, 03:06 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "You're awesome, WW. I'll keep..."
I am encouraging you to get the tank wars up. That would be awesome. But then I would have to get good at it again.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-03-24, 09:36 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I am encouraging you to get the tank..."
Same here! .. Anything multiplayer in that arcade-esque sense would be awesome. Keep us posted on any progression

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-03-24, 09:46 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Same here! .. Anything multiplayer in..."
I can't find Tank Wars any longer. Google keeps providing me with various, trivial 3D games. The arcade multiplayer games are giving me trouble, too, as they can't connect to the server. In fact, none of the ibProArcade / vB Arcade multiplayer games seem to be functional in any community I've found.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-03-24, 10:50 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I can't find Tank Wars any longer...."
Damn, it's time to start a new wave of enthusists... I'll see if I can't browse around for some VB forums with games set in place already.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-12, 11:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Damn, it's time to start a new wave of..."
Well it's been a few months, the Chatbox has worked out to be pretty good and that I know of, doesn't have any problems or bugs with it that are too major.

Now, would be a good time to start up a new search for some multiplayer games we could run on these boards, I am still wanting to play somebody in checkers/chess. =)

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-13, 07:21 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well it's been a few months, the..."
hey this is multiplayer acully everyone can be on at one time www.ysflight.com
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-09-13, 09:02 AM in reply to jamer123's post starting "hey this is multiplayer acully everyone..."
Would Poker or Tonk be too much?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-09-13, 09:15 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Would Poker or Tonk be too much?"
Jessifer said: [Goto]
Would Poker or Tonk be too much?
Let's get some games going. I'd love to play other Zel members at those type of games, especially chess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow